Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

What good is a player to a team if they can't stay on the park? Crouch first 3 seasons 14, 11, 16.

Gibbs durability is a massive plus for any team that has him in their side.
You know Cripps played only 44 games in his 1st 3 seasons...Brouch has played (by your stats) 41.

So "What good is a player to a team if they can't stay on the park?"

To cut through some of the idiocy in this thread:

-Gibbs would walk into Adelaide's curent midfield as 3rd or 4th banana, but has potential to be better than those ahead of him. We've just never seen his 30+ disposal, multiple goal games put together for more than 5-6 weeks. So a 3rd or 4th ranking is completely fair.
-Gibbs is not worth two first round draft picks
-The current success of your team does not determine the value of your opinion.

One of the more sensible posts i have seen. I think the Lever pick on its own will be seen a fair offer and Carlton will want to be seen as doing the right thing by Bryce (who did the right thing by Carlton this year) and if we are offered a fair and reasonable deal we will accept it, unlike last year where we rightfully requested overs.

Anyone got any new/interesting perspectives?

It is interesting in the fact people are starting to talk about Lever staying at Adelaide... Adelaide's 1st round pick being pick 17 or 18 is not going to be enough and if they do win the GF off the back of the Crouch boys then the need for Gibbs is not there and it could just fizzle out unless Port throw a hat in the ring.

Well no, he wouldn't.

If you go to a car yard and trade your Toyota for a Ford then you go over to Harvey Normans and buy a TV, that does not mean you effectively got a Ford and a TV for your Toyota.

If you trade in the Toyota for $$ and get the Ford for free then use the $$ to buy a TV you'd be laughing.

Especially when the Ford fits your needs just as well as the Toyota.

Trade and FA period must be looked at as a whole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allow me to direct you to your own comments as a case in point.

Love to dish it out, outraged when it comes back. One eyed nuffie.

As I said, I only snipe in retaliation, so its actually funny to see how easy it is to get under the true nuffies skin.

Thank you for proving my point and allowing me to achieve my objective.
What?

Gibbs wouldn't get into a knock out final. He plays for Carlton and he wouldn't get near the finals. That seems obvious.

Gibbs is a maybe 15% improvement on Rory Atkins. That seems pretty inarguable as well. He isn't a massive improvement on anyone able to make our side.

One of the more sensible posts i have seen. I think the Lever pick on its own will be seen a fair offer and Carlton will want to be seen as doing the right thing by Bryce (who did the right thing by Carlton this year) and if we are offered a fair and reasonable deal we will accept it, unlike last year where we rightfully requested overs.
There is absolutely no way the Crows will offer that pick for Gibbs.

It's hard to argue that Gibbs is better than the players we have gotten in the late first round, or vastly better than who he would replace.

Really we could go on for ages here about his value etc.
But reality is if he still wants to come home then Crows will progress talks and our pick 18 will get the job done .
We could of course throw in the extra we got for letting a Brownlow go home in Gore .
But it is now or never for Bryce.

Really we could go on for ages here about his value etc.
But reality is if he still wants to come home then Crows will progress talks and our pick 18 will get the job done.
This is pretty much what Crows supporters were saying last year. The fact that Gibbs played for Carlton this year probably should've given you a clue that you're wrong. Pick 18 won't get it done. Not a chance.

This is pretty much what Crows supporters were saying last year. The fact that Gibbs played for Carlton this year probably should've given you a clue that you're wrong. Pick 18 won't get it done. Not a chance.
Rockliff is basically already at Carlton, which would suggest that Gibbs is out the door. A deal is probably already locked away. Huffing and puffing on BigFooty doesn't achieve anything.

Rockliff is basically already at Carlton, which would suggest that Gibbs is out the door. A deal is probably already locked away. Huffing and puffing on BigFooty doesn't achieve anything.
Rockliff at Carlton ≠ Gibbs leaving

Gibbs is on a heavily front ended contract where he got most of his pay in the first two years. That was part of the problem last year with him leaving.

Regardless look at our list. We could recruit four Rockcliffs, still keep Gibbs and stay under the cap

Rockliff at Carlton ≠ Gibbs leaving

Gibbs is on a heavily front ended contract where he got most of his pay in the first two years. That was part of the problem last year with him leaving.

Regardless look at our list. We could recruit four Rockcliffs, still keep Gibbs and stay under the cap
My post never referenced the salary cap. And it shouldn't be about salary cap. Team balance is more important. Or with the lack of key forwards on the market are you paying Rockliff big bucks to play forward ??

My post never referenced the salary cap. And it shouldn't be about salary cap. Team balance is more important. Or with the lack of key forwards on the market are you paying Rockliff big bucks to play forward ??
We spent half of this season running around with two AFL standard midfielders. Rockcliff would walk into our midfield alongside Gibbs no problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Bryce Gibbs [traded to Adelaide] - (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back