Coach Buckley steps down

Remove this Banner Ad

Sanity prevails thank God.

Clarko, Pyke, Mitchell, Kingsley or Yze thanks

I hope the board puts in place a proper selection process - no captains picks. I want a thorough vetting process and whoever comes out the other side will have my support.

Personally would be keen on Pyke, but would also consider Leppitch at Richmond

The definitely 'do not want' are Lyon and Chris Scott

Sad day for bucks a true Collingwood legend. While I don’t disagree with the decision still sad to see. I assume he’s been tapped on the shoulder and told he won’t be re-appointed. Trick now becomes being able to find someone good to replace him. I wonder if someone has been approached already. Hopefully not Ross Lyon

He's probably the best player I've seen play for Collingwood. I really became a fanatic around the time Bucks came to the Pies and don't think I've seen a more naturally talented footballer.

I think he's been a good coach too, played finals quite a few times with him and made a GF. It would have meant everything to see him holding up a cup as a coach, he came so close to winning us the premiership in 2002. He was immense in that game.

Kinda sad, think it's for the best though, we need a change and I hope we bring somebody in. What's Swanny doing next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, some posters will get the shock of their life when the new coach doesn't bring instant success.

Wait until they find out the new coach next year will pick some players that those posters don't like, will be seen to have 'favourites', and will mystifyingly refuse to completely bag themselves or the players in press conferences and instead will talk in platitudes about improving. They'll be furious.

Well, there can be no doubt that he has read the writing on the wall. He may have run out of juice, but I doubt that aspect. He didn't appear to be a quitter. I suspect somebody, maybe Wright, has told him the board was looking elsewhere. I feel very sad at this news.
Bucks signaled this well out, said he would walk if he felt the club needed it and he has.

Now just another month of gloating from the haters and we can get back to business.

I hope the board puts in place a proper selection process - no captains picks. I want a thorough vetting process and whoever comes out the other side will have my support.

Personally would be keen on Pyke, but would also consider Leppitch at Richmond

The definitely 'do not want' are Lyon and Chris Scott

Leppa stepped away from the AFL this season.

A very impressive man in his segment with Whattttteeellllyyyy on SEN. Would love to see him involved in our club next season.

Buckley has always put the club first and he does so yet again.

Sadly his last game as coach is in Sydney.

A part of Collingwood's soul died today and will not be recovered.

I hope he gets a position next year at another club and if so, I wish him success. He certainly deserves it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Buckley steps down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back