Coach Buckley steps down

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad for Bucks - but he should have gone previously.
Get the Brooms out the clean house is beginning.
Now is we can trade some overpaid players to get some draft capital this will be a good start year.

It's very sad. The guy has given his all for this club. Everyday lately I've woken and been expecting this headline.

Hope we find another role for him as it would be a tragedy to lose someone like Bucks from our system.
it’s not liked he volunteered. Most coaches are well paid above and beyond the average person in society. He’s been a great servant at the club like all our champions. Every player / coach has contributed to the club - all of them should be recognised including Bucks.

No surprise based on his comments in March.

"I don't feel like I have to be the senior coach going forward if that's the best thing for the club and I feel that I can still impact and help the club move towards contending consistently and winning flags well then I'll put my hand up.

"And if the club felt it was better to go in another direction then I would understand that. That conversation will be held in good faith and it's not something that we'll be addressing until later in the year."

I for one will be sorry I won't be there to see him coach his last game (damn lockdown).

I wish him well and still believe he can coach and if he goes to another club, will wish him well.

Buckley has always put the club first and he does so yet again.

Sadly his last game as coach is in Sydney.

A part of Collingwood's soul died today and will not be recovered.

I hope he gets a position next year at another club and if so, I wish him success. He certainly deserves it.
I think he'll probably be in the media next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks signaled this well out, said he would walk if he felt the club needed it and he has.

Now just another month of gloating from the haters and we can get back to business.
Don't think too many of those wanting Buckley gone "hated" Buckley as a person. But they certainly hated his coaching style. You need to be able to distinguish between the 2.

I'm happy. It's time for change.

Wish he was taking his assistants with him. Harvey/Sando will have earpieces in, Bucks will be coaching from home lol.

I cannot wait for a new coach to come and bring in a brand new assistant coaching team.

Play the kids until the end of the year!!!
Yeah not a word of thanks for 3 decades of service.
All class.

Holy crap, talk about a bolt from the blue. I thought Bucks would still coach until seasons end, no matter what the outcome was going to be.
I imagine the pressure from within and externally was too much to handle, and l guess someone can take only so much. I personally thought he may have got support from the current board to be extended, but now that seems not the case, and the club has decided to move on from Bucks, and given him the opportunity to walk away.
A true Collingwood champion, the best player in the clubs history, l believe. A great servant who bleeds black and white, and l'm sure will be sorely missed by the staff and players. Hopefully the players can get Bucks, one last victory in his farewell game.
All the best Bucks going forward and thank you for all the years of service you have given the club....😔

Can’t see the logic in steeping down mid season, we would be better served allowing him to go out at the end of his contract, he has been black and white his entire adult life and deserves to see his contract out.
Thanks for everything bucks!

In addition new coach will have the opportunity for full input into list management and drafting decisions. Whoever it is I hope he has a hard on for KPF's :D
Won’t help them much this year with Daicos coming in and no picks. Maybe in 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Buckley steps down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back