Coach Buckley steps down

Remove this Banner Ad

How can there be bias when my only concern is the success of the football club?
I don’t care about anything else.

I have been very clear about this.

Whether It was Nathan in charge or now someone else...it’s the same outlook for me.

However, let’s see if the next coach gets given 10 years and the same rope ....and whether you will support that as vigorously

Read my post again and you’ll understand the difference between bias and objectivity.

It was just reported on 7 that Buckley was told on Monday he would not be appointed next year , he offered to stay onto to end of season and CFC said no. Really p poor. this board and CEO is so out of touch

Seems reasonable? What’s the point of having a lame duck coach? What’s happened is best for everyone.

I don’t believe that for a second.
Maybe his call to walk but he would have been told there’s no extension so hence why he decided to go now.
Thats my take on it. No way would he just up and quit out of the blue like this

It was just reported on 7 that Buckley was told on Monday he would not be appointed next year , he offered to stay onto to end of season and CFC said no. Really p poor. this board and CEO is so out of touch
Probably the most “in touch” thing they’ve done for a while

Add Rocca and it's 2 years running.

Yep and I don’t think a player has missed a GF through suspension since our two, back to back, almost 20 years ago now. FFS.

Yep and I don’t think a player has missed a GF through suspension since our two, back to back, almost 20 years ago now. FFS.
Gaff was suspended in 2018 but that didn’t happen in the prelim.

Don’t forget he was only a bad umpiring decision away from being a Premiership coach back in 2018,so he did have his his fair share of bad luck,as Collingwood always seems to get.
Yes but it was a decision paid against Grundy in the centre and led to a goal by Vardy, not the non-decision which led to the goal to Sheed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember waking up the next day after a Collingwood game and being excited to grab the stats at the back of the morning paper. Buckley was always top of the disposal count and it reinforced my love and adoration for him. I wore his number on my back with pride. He seemed bigger than life. A herculean that just carried the team every week.

Goodbye Bucks. Its been a great ride.

You’ve embodied the spirit of CFC and will forever be carved into the history books.

Floreta Pica.

I hope he doesn’t end up at the Blues.

Me too.

I predicted years ago that Buckley would one day become a Premiership coach ... just not with Collingwood.

If Buckley coached Carlton to a Premiership it would make it very very difficult being a Collingwood supporter.

I've been an advocate for change for sometime.

But I cannot - cannot - take away anything Buckley has given this club. He has given every ounce, devoted his best years to the sole mission to get us to succeed.

I'm incredibly sad that he leaves without achieving his goal. He deserved a premiership.

We have been blessed to have one of the smartest brains and most loyal souls be the face of this club for three decades.

He's so committed to our club that he knew when to step down - he knew he had given it his all and we needed to move on.

He'll always be a Collingwood legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Buckley steps down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back