Meltdown Buddy out with "mental health" issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a situation to troll. Good luck to him and hope he recovers. The fact he's a footballer and earns big $$$$ are completely irrelevant.
Depression/anxiety is a scourge and shows that everyone is potentially susceptible to the Black Dog.

Isn't it epileptic fits from too many party drugs?

You would excel working at an abbatoir; your butchering skills are impeccable
I reckon that's the first time in 20 years on message boards I've seen someone type a word and not get one letter correct.

It's a bloody work of art!!!

I'll just leave this here.
http://www.drugabuse.gov/publicatio...ental-illnesses/drug-addiction-mental-illness
If you can be bothered wading through the jargon of the DSM 5, then you will see addiction is indeed classified as a mental disorder.
I think you will find the AFL and the AFL media ponies will be very specific in the language they use around this scenario.
when you actually work in hte field it's not the case, people often end up in hte wrong facility, mostly meth users, because of teh psychosis, even cannabis users with extreme depression/anxiety. But they are turfed post detox to find their own way into rehab

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when you actually work in hte field it's not the case, people often end up in hte wrong facility, mostly meth users, because of teh psychosis, even cannabis users with extreme depression/anxiety. But they are turfed post detox to find their own way into rehab
I'm not disputing that in the field it's not as clear cut as the DSM classifies it. The DSM doesn't take into account funding, state legislation, service policy etc. The point I was making is the media and those with a vested interest are able to throw a 'mental health' blanket over a very specific problem, like substance addiction, because it's classified as such in the DSM. The average punter is likely to swallow the story without giving it too much thought because it's still a bit taboo to question people's mental health.

LOL meltdown

Sounds like another Jonathan Hay moment - hawks ousting someone with issues to some other club to deal with.

It's not eBay.

You don't get a refund for making a dud decision.

7 years to go, too... What a club.

You're that upset and I haven't even mentioned Hird once since coming back?!? Geez mate get a hold of yourself.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...lance-franklin-and-swans-20150908-gji2lz.html
So now Caro is telling us Buddy has "anxiety". The media is going into overdrive to cloud the issue, anything to hose down drug-related suspicion.

IS there anything "hosing down" your suspicion right now?

tumblr_m6r1mctzOL1qexya3.gif

You've even turned on your Caro. :thumbsu:

Day 2. Buddy resting quietly.

Frankston Rover still melting deliciously.

Great work on that Buddy deal, Dick.

How many good seasons did you get out of him again?

203410-malcolm-colless.jpg

Just the one? Ah well, only seven to go. :)

Don't get what the big deal is even if he is on drugs. If he is, better to come out rather than just hide it away. Same for Hawks, Swans, Cats or any other team.

Don't get what the big deal is even if he is on drugs. If he is, better to come out rather than just hide it away. Same for Hawks, Swans, Cats or any other team.

The old 'self report' eh - what could possibly go wrong?

I'd suggest the "big deal" for the Swans is the big deal whereby they agreed to pay the AFL's Charlie Sheen a fair chunk of their salary cap to play football. Something which he finds himself unable to do.

"Testing" by means of innuendo, not facts, nor scientific methodology. I work with scientists, they'd be very skeptical of your use of the term, given the level of rigour in this thread.
Scraping their croc slides off the porcelain doesn't count, Melty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Meltdown Buddy out with "mental health" issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back