Buddy-up or Buddy-less?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with you totally on buddy and roo

If brown has 3 good games to start i dont see his price going any better than its current one though.

First time in 2 years he has been below 600k at the start of the season

I will probably end eating mud though

Why not pick all the stars at the start? I mean, if trading up to people is a waste of a trade!! :eek:

:p

Your tall forwards tend to have a highest SD. Meaning more big games, but more importantly, more small games.

Roo - 4 Sub 75 games.
Buddy - 50 sub 75 games (including an 18 anad a 38!)
JB - 6 sub 60 games.

Meaning that these types of players have a higher chance of providing a greater bargain to trade into. Hardly a wasted trade.

With a similar thread on Ablett at the moment, I have noticed that a lot of people are taking the Buddy-less option so I thought I'd throw the question out there about the leagues 'other' superstar...
Now i know he is a lot cheaper than Ablett is, so I do not pose this question in an "is he too expensive?" context, instead in a more general sense of is he worth the risk? Having a very limited pre-season and hearing all about those "rumours" are people looking elsewhere for more reliable options? Or are you not selecting Buddy for other reasons?
Or, on the other hand, do you think that he is a must and have decided to get him anyway?

Thoughts?

I won't be taking Franklin this year for the same reasons as impromptu. The guy makes my skin crawl every time I see him. Everyone seems to be on his wagon, but there's no way I'll be jumping on. Nothing to do with the GF result, I have never liked the guy.

I really enjoy watching my players over the weekends and barrack for them individually in each game that is played. Just can't bring myself to barrack for that arrogant bag of yellow and brown. I tried it late last year and really struggled with the Hawthorn games. I wanted the points but moreso wanted him to fail at the same time. Conflict of interest within my brain, so this year its "Say No to Buddy" at all costs for me.

Same rule applies to Alan Dudak.

Not jealous at all mate. I can't stand the guy and his arrogance - its as simple as that.

That running backwards arms outstretched with fingers flapping, look at me, look at me, pose just gets up my nose every time. Wouldn't matter if he was the worst player in the league.

Don't know what Ablett has to do with this thread.

When do the hawks play the bombers? Make sure you dont miss having buddy in and as captain as he destroys the dons for a 3rd year in a row!

Not jealous at all mate. I can't stand the guy and his arrogance - its as simple as that.

That running backwards arms outstretched with fingers flapping, look at me, look at me, pose just gets up my nose every time. Wouldn't matter if he was the worst player in the league.

Don't know what Ablett has to do with this thread.
Ablett's not much better whenever he gets a goal he flicks he waves he finger around like a douche.

Super Coach is just a bit of fun for me really.

It is nearly impossible to win the big one, so with that in mind, I have a couple of rules that I like to follow, for my team. This is to keep the enjoyment in it for me. I spend hours on SC, so I want players in my team that I like.

One of my rules is a no ****head policy. There are only a few players in the league that I despise, so this rule doesn't really hinder me that much. I can choose other options in the similar price range to suit my needs.

Having said all of that, if Franklin starts turning into a 140+ average player, then I would probably have to re-evaluate my rules, but until that happens, he's nowhere near my side. :thumbsu:

Hard to say mate.

I prefer to look at it this way. If my other cash cows are making huge amounts of money and I feel I can swing a trade for whichever one of the three superstars is the cheapest then I will do it.

I already have Delidio, Pavlich and Harvey in my forward line who I would have had to get anyways if I had of grabbed Buddy, Brown and Riewoldt to start off with so no biggie to me. :D

Good to see that there's someone that agrees with me. Cheers mate. :D:thumbsu:

I love you too. :D

]Judd_Magic what is your obsessions with emoticons, do you have to use a :D or a :thumbsu:, in every single post, its not making your post looks anymore credible, we already know your a leech. (Every post by you in this thread has one or mote emoticons, lol)

I guess its just being used as a symbol of your maturity level.

]Judd_Magic what is your obsessions with emoticons, do you have to use a :D or a :thumbsu:, in every single post, its not making your post looks anymore credible, we already know your a leech. (Every post by you in this thread has one or mote emoticons, lol)

Says he who attacks eveyone on here for not agreeing with him. Yeah real mature you are! :rolleyes:

Well if the emotions annoy you so much I will just keep on using them then. Works for me! :D:thumbsu:

Ok what were we discussing in this thread before we got disrupted by this muppet, ah yes Luke Hodge.

Mid season target for sure! ;)

What is your obsession with Judd_Magic ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Franklin is a 22 year old forward who just kicked 100 goals. His upside is endless. I'm not taking the punt of him improving again this year as he has every year so far and skyrocketing too far out of reach. I'll nab him to start with and if he drops in price then at least ive saved a trade.

What is your obsession with bringing back the past, me and Judd have moved on, have you?
Umm dude - what past ?

Haha read your post again - doesnt seem like some one whos gotten over the past

I just thought there would be a certain obsession involved if you have the free time to notice the emoticons used by a particular poster.

Didnt mean to strike a nerve sir.

What so when you read a post your eyes coincidentally wander off/ignore graphical images, I find that hard to believe. I didn't know that you had to be paying particular in-depth awareness to differentiate between words and a emoticon.

Enough on the matter, I don't really care what Judd_Magic posts so long as he doesn't bring up my name for no reason. We've settled our differences and I think it would be more productive if we stopped talking about it and discussed something purposeful, such as "Buddy-up or Buddy-less".

New style of game plan for all teams (ie copy Hawthorn's midfield zoning) will lead to big scores for forwards.

Why? When the ball does get into the Fwd 50 on a "fast break" (bloody basketball terminology), the key forward is usually one out in the square, will take a contested mark and goal.

Scores in NAB Cup are indicating this - Richardson, Fevola, Roughead, Cloke (if he could kick straight).

So I will have a couple of key forwards in my starting line-up and keep them for all 22 rounds.

But not Duddy, he is an arrogant, arrogant man and must surely be one of those Hawks players on 2 strikes.

Im sorry but I don't buy in your way of thinking.

The way I see it is, if you are buying the players like the ones you mentioned above, your intention is to have them as keepers,irrelevent if their price tumbles or not, you will not trade them. I believe it's a waste of a trade to buy these players midway thru the season when you probably wanted the player in the first place.

Thoughts?

Mate your spot on, you don't lose money until you sell a player, so if you have him from the start and he dips you have lost zip.

I really dislike Buddy because of his arrogance, but that would never stop me putting him in my side. That's just stupid.

I'm really torn on whether to put him in or not. I'm pretty confident he'll start slowly and his price will drop, but I'm concerned that it might sky-rocket again before my cash-cows have made enough money for a swap. So I now have him in my side for J.Brown for the first time in about 3 weeks.

I disagree. There were 9 forwards who scored over 100 last year, of which Franklin was one. There are other options that I can take which will allow me to not have the arrogant twat in my side.

I am as obsessed with SuperCoach as many others and follow and barrack for my players very closely throughout the season. Just can't bring myself to barrack for Lancey Nancey Boy.

Whilst I am always trying to win Super Coach, it is extremely difficult and needs a lot of luck to walk away with the cash. I am a realist to know that I probably won't win it in my lifetime (not through lack of trying), so having said that, I refuse to put players in that I dislike. There's really only 2 anyway for me, so it's not really a problem.

But I don't have a problem if you think it's stupid. I like to enjoy it and with that waste of space I would not enjoy following my team.

If he starts scoring 130+ average then I will revisit my policy as obviously that will cripple my chances of winning, but until that time, I will be exploring other options. It also gives me a better chance of the weekly prize when he scores his 30's and 40's as will inevitably happen IMO.

I keep swinging back and forth. Just a point, Clarkson said buddy would spend more time up the ground, while Bomber said Gablett would spend more time at full forward. Anyone else find this interesting? Wonder how it'll affect buddys form(ablett is alock for me anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back