DavidInellaFanClub

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2005
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
With the news that Bailey Smith is possibly headed our way, it got me thinking. Who is the last player we got from the Dogs?

I can think of many names that have gone the other way - Hamling, Gardner, Moles, Djerkurra, Robbins, Callan, the list goes on…

Feel like (unless I’ve missed it) it’s been awhile since we grabbed one from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the news that Bailey Smith is possibly headed our way, it got me thinking. Who is the last player we got from the Dogs?

I can think of many names that have gone the other way - Hamling, Gardner, Moles, Djerkurra, Robbins, Callan, the list goes on…

Feel like (unless I’ve missed it) it’s been awhile since we grabbed one from them.

Can somebody paste the article? I saw something on the Age a few days ago but couldn't open it.

Peter Featherby for me. A ball magnet who probably should have won a Brownlow. Admittedly he returned to his home state, WA, before we recruited him, but Footscray was his last VFL/AFL team. He won our B&F in 1981 and played 93 games for the Cats

This is a question I asked myself the other day without going too deep into it.

What team have we had the least players traded in from?
Can’t remember too many Pies players
Wc Players and PA player

We had a whole heap of shit forwards from the Eagles in the 90s, early 00s.

May only be Ollie Henry directly from the Pies in my time following Geelong. Probably a lot pre 90s. I think Pods and Ceglar might have been on their rookie list but didn't play a game for them and we didn't recruit them from the Pies.

Obviously Harley from PA and the man, the myth, the legend Paul Koulouriotis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May only be Ollie Henry directly from the Pies in my time following Geelong. Probably a lot pre 90s. I think Pods and Ceglar might have been on their rookie list but didn't play a game for them and we didn't recruit them from the Pies.

This is a great thread topic

Sanderson played 4 games for Pies

Did we get Shaun Baxter from Bulldogs or send him there?

Peter Street another one we sent up the highway

This is a question I asked myself the other day without going too deep into it.

What team have we had the least players traded in from?
Can’t remember too many Pies players
Wc Players and PA player
Carl Steinford maybe? From Collingwood or did he go to Collingwood?

Shane Breuer from Port.

We traded Breuer to Power, he may have been recruited from port magpies

I had the #9 on the guernsey in the mid 90s and then didn’t want to wear it ever again

It was one of the old school knitted long sleeve guernseys - I’ve kept it all these years and tried it on a couple of years ago, and as long as I didn’t want to move my arms, it still someone fitted me

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Bulldog Acquisitions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back