Bulldogs forward line=Dads Army!

Remove this Banner Ad

Very risky strategy by Dogs. It WON'T win them a premiership. All past their use by dates.

Similar to your mob's defence I guess. Oh but wait, you obviously weren't watching the Dogs last year so of course you wouldn't know how well our Forward line has been operating despite age.

Regardless, I've noticed a lot of people are saying we're screwed in a few years but really, our depth is quite good. Williamstown finished top 4 in the VFL and we have quite a few good up and comers like Reid, Wood, Everitt, O'Keefe, Boumann, Grant and even the raw talent in Cordy, Roughead and Jones. With us getting 2 gun midfielders in the Gold Coast draft through F/S, we'll be set up pretty well for the future.

Similar to your mob's defence I guess. Oh but wait, you obviously weren't watching the Dogs last year so of course you wouldn't know how well our Forward line has been operating despite age.

Regardless, I've noticed a lot of people are saying we're screwed in a few years but really, our depth is quite good. Williamstown finished top 4 in the VFL and we have quite a few good up and comers like Reid, Wood, Everitt, O'Keefe, Boumann, Grant and even the raw talent in Cordy, Roughead and Jones. With us getting 2 gun midfielders in the Gold Coast draft through F/S, we'll be set up pretty well for the future.

Damn straight, if this group doesnt win us a premiership, the next group will, i would put money on it.

Hall,Johnson & Akermanis all over 30,this could backfire on them,thoughts?

The thing is, they're in their premiership window NOW, which will only last another 1-2 years (the norm for such windows).

If they were a Melbourne heading into 2010 with a forward line of that age I'd be worried, but they're not.

Age is overrated when you're in your premiership window.

The bottom line is, age is just a number, capability is not.

All 3 players are very capable and they showed it last year.

yeah our forward line might not look that great in 3 years time but our midfield and defense should make us competitive for the next 5 seasons.

I do not get the big deal with age. I would rather have 3 absolute quality over 30's than dud guys in their 20's.

How often are these 3 injured. Very rarely. Like many have said we were the highest scoring team before the signing of a key forward. Im now optimistic but the competition is going to be much tougher next year.

Ha KissStephanie, hilarious. You worry about your team 'turning up' in their prelim. Waiting for some stats involving supercoach scores telling us how much better Leigh Brown is than Barry
err mate didnt you know younger is better DERRRRRRR:rolleyes:

cos didnt u know theres about 5 teams who are gonna win da 2012 premiership cos dem teams are so young(LOL WHAT A LOAD OF SHITLOLOLOLOLOL)

jack watts>>>>>>>>>>>jonathon brown (psst....watts is younger didnt u know)

these forums are a lol

Yep. Johnson and Aker were their 2 leading goalkickers this season so they would be hoping neither drop off in form over the next year or so. As soon as both retire the Bullies are ******, their window is closing very fast. They should bring back Welsh and Eagleton to complete their Dad's Army collection. :D

As distinct from Richmond's window which has been nailed shut for 25 years.As I said to the idiot Melbourne supporter who started the thread,the Dogs dad's army would all walk into your crap team.

This thread summarises why Melbourne is where it is. 3 proven guns who all had quite good to rather good seasons last year, and some dude who follows a club that can't win games because half its lineup aren't legally able to work yet talks them down.
how the **** does this summarise where the deez are???? doesnt matter who started it, everyone has an opinion. the old give shit back at the thread starter cause he barracks for a team at the bottom of the ladder at the moment. your a tool mate. lets just ban all richmond supporters then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its strange these days that players that are late 20s/30 are considered old and past it. Only a few years ago players were retiring in their mid 30s. Some even in their late 30s(Harvey and he was a midfielder!)

lol @ the people having a go at the Doggies forward line.

A Melbourne and a West Coast supporter lol Pfftt

still the west coast supporter might be right their opponents would likely have more legs, johnson and aker like some of our older players at adelaide didn't look so good out there in the finals in general play, I cant remember the last time I saw edwards lay a standing moving tackle and burton was completely out of it someone who would run several opponents into the ground in earlier seasons.
Their skills are excellent but their pace, endurance and health in the intense part of the season with ramped up trainings in pressure games tends to be an issue as with their age their recovery is not as great.

I'd stick to your statistics...you don't do humour well.
Yes I do, as long as other people have a good sense of humour as well. In this case though I was being serious! :)
KissStephanie maybe your side should have had a look at Hall or are you satisfied with the 3 goals Cloke and Anthony combined for in September?
It was disappointing, but I was very happy with one of the goals that Jack Anthony kicked in the finals this season! It was his first full season though and he kicked 50 goals, and he has kicked 75 goals in only 36 matches. It's more than Brendan Fevola, Lance Franklin, and even Peter McKenna at the same stage of their careers, so his progress is great!

He'll get stronger to match the better full-backs in time, and maybe he will be the third tall forward next season instead of attracting a player such as Brian Lake and Matthew Scarlett so early in his career. Travis Cloke had a terrible pre-season preparation, and his mind was not on footy when it should have been. He is only 22 though and a former Copeland Trophy winner, so it's realistic that he'll be better next season as well.

Possibly, but we've now got an option. We may chose to play Hall more or less depending on the opposition and how they structure up. We could move him to CHF to expose a very defence/stay-at-home oriented FB.... Up until now it was a small forward line, just different people... Now we have the option to have a tall target.... Against smaller defenses we may use Hall and Minson... Against taller opponents we may go back to a small forward line if our new setup isn't working....

Rutten owns Hall.

If the Bulldogs decide to move Hall to CHF "to expose a very defence/stay-at-home oriented FB" like Rutten, then against the Crows that would mean a Hall/Bock matchup.

Bock would run off Hall all day.

Rutten owns Hall.

If the Bulldogs decide to move Hall to CHF "to expose a very defence/stay-at-home oriented FB" like Rutten, then against the Crows that would mean a Hall/Bock matchup.

Bock would run off Hall all day.

That might be true, but we can still switch to an all small forward line.... Which did pretty well on you earlier in the year....

I was just highlighting that we will still have options even after recruiting Hall... It's then up to others to counter them and then for Rocket to rearrange things.....

That might be true, but we can still switch to an all small forward line.... Which did pretty well on you earlier in the year....

The Crows had a poor patch of form mid-year, but yes what you say is true.

But then again ... what is the point of getting Hall if you aren't going to play him? If you play him on Rutten, will he have another jab? If you play him on Bock, how will that stop Bock?

Johncock, Rutten, Otten
Van Berlo, Bock, Goodwin

With Hall, Johnson & Ackermanis in your forward line, it seems to me that against such a defence you will have matchup problems. You were better off with an unconventional forward structure that you already had, IMO.

The reason we're getting Hall not Fev, is Hall will not be the number one target. Our forward lines advantage is we have six targets all doing different roles depending on match up. I don't think a player like Fev could hack playing the decoy etc.

So effectively Hall will play Welsh's role, with more height, a better contested mark, in fact you could just say better all round.

They're not just over 30, but Aker and Hall will both be 33 before next season starts, while Johnno will be 34 during next season. If they use a wheelchair with thin tyres, then they may struggle because they could get stuck in the grass, but if they use a power scooter with wide tyres and good tread, then they should be quite okay!

Wheelchair.jpg

I don't recommend this one.

oimg_CA00192240.jpg

This scooter is definitely an improvement on a damp night on the M.C.G and the basket on the front could come in handy.

RedneckWheelchair.jpg

Now this one would definitely suit Big, Bad, Bazza!!!
Is that you Suzi??:)

Wow, I thought they didn't let you post anymore. Well, let me be the first to welcome you back onto the boards at big footy, may your stay be fruitful and golden!:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs forward line=Dads Army!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back