Byron Schammer V Daniel Harris

Byron Schammer V Daniel Harris

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

apollo_creed said:
Its funny because he averages more clearances per minutes on ground than Mitchell in the last 2 years.

Mitchell is way ahead of Harris, only the Roos supporters dont see this...

Nightwolf_69 said:
Mitchell is way ahead of Harris, only the Roos supporters dont see this...

You're right.

On numbers he is ahead. What you must realise is that Harris does not play alot of footy. He is not unfit, just not naturally able to run 4 quarters on the footy yet. I think he is still 22. This year he has had a "groin injury". Laidley has said that he has only been able to play him in bursts 'till about round 15.

Another thing re their effectiveness per posession. Until someone devises a stat that can track ******** and quick kicks V clear take aways resulting in directly retaining posession, it will all be subjective. I have absolutely no problem stating that from what I have seen, Harris would ******** on Mitchell from a great height in that stat. He gets it quick, and either removes the football from the area himself and takes off, or gives it to someone who does.

This thread is Schammer V Harris, not Harris V Mitchell. Make another thread if you want to compare Harris and Mitchell.

By the way Harris isnt in Mitchell's league.

brilliant pies said:
This thread is Schammer V Harris, not Harris V Mitchell. Make another thread if you want to compare Harris and Mitchell.

By the way Harris isnt in Mitchell's league.

Hawks supporters cant seem to help themselves....
If your struggling on field....Talking it up off field eases the pain?

NorthBhoy said:
You're right.

On numbers he is ahead. What you must realise is that Harris does not play alot of footy. He is not unfit, just not naturally able to run 4 quarters on the footy yet. I think he is still 22. This year he has had a "groin injury". Laidley has said that he has only been able to play him in bursts 'till about round 15.

Another thing re their effectiveness per posession. Until someone devises a stat that can track ******** and quick kicks V clear take aways resulting in directly retaining posession, it will all be subjective. I have absolutely no problem stating that from what I have seen, Harris would ******** on Mitchell from a great height in that stat. He gets it quick, and either removes the football from the area himself and takes off, or gives it to someone who does.

Mitchell is the same age as Harris, has had his fair share of injuries (and no protection from the umps), has better hands despite your fans drooling over Harris showing it once a fortnight, and makes up for Harris' lack of explosiveness with a much greater ability to break tackles.

The fact is this - everything you write that Harris does, Mitchell can do, and do it better. He has proven this for four years now.

Limited output = average footballer. That's all there is to it. Until Harris' output goes up from the 14 touches or whatever it is this year (career high of a whopping 18ish last year) come back and talk him up.

sabre_ac said:
Hawks supporters cant seem to help themselves....
If your struggling on field....Talking it up off field eases the pain?

Still smarting from that battering you took a few weeks back...to be expected from a mental midget i suppose.

Mitchell is the same age as Harris, has had his fair share of injuries (and no protection from the umps), has better hands despite your fans drooling over Harris showing it once a fortnight, and makes up for Harris' lack of explosiveness with a much greater ability to break tackles

Your backing that up with nothing. You ask for stats, then submit and opinion based on stuff all.

The fact is this - everything you write that Harris does, Mitchell can do, and do it better. He has proven this for four years now.

His numbers are better. I think I wrote that.

Limited output = average footballer. That's all there is to it. Until Harris' output goes up from the 14 touches or whatever it is this year (career high of a whopping 18ish last year) come back and talk him up

Such a limited view for someone who has defended his own sides footballers who get a bagging for various reasons. The day I pick up a stats sheet and form an opinion based on those numbers and them alone is the day I give watching footy away.

Harris is IMO, when playing well, our most important player. We are 5th. When he is not in the middle, injured or resting forward we get spanked in the middle as a rule. Mitchell is a very, very good footballer, but IMO, Harris is more damaging per posession, more prolific per time played and better at their strength.

NorthBhoy said:
Your backing that up with nothing. You ask for stats, then submit and opinion based on stuff all.

So your comments about Harris' clearances being more damaging than Mitchell's isn't subjective? That's what i was replying to.

You obviously haven't watched Mitchell enough then if you're suggesting that Harris' clearances are special and Mitchell's are simply rushed kicks out of a pack. Numerous times this season Sammy has broken clear from a stoppage and delivered on the chest of Williams and co. Doesn't get any better than that.

Opinions based on stuff all? Hypocricy.

NorthBhoy said:
Such a limited view for someone who has defended his own sides footballers who get a bagging for various reasons. The day I pick up a stats sheet and form an opinion based on those numbers and them alone is the day I give watching footy away.

Again, if you base your opinion on Mitchell on a stats sheet, you really should give watching the game away. As mentioned before, Harris' clearances are no better than Mitchell's.

NorthBhoy said:
Harris is IMO, when playing well, our most important player. We are 5th. When he is not in the middle, injured or resting forward we get spanked in the middle as a rule. Mitchell is a very, very good footballer, but IMO, Harris is more damaging per posession, more prolific per time played and better at their strength.

Hypocrite (again). You can't honestly state that Mitchell's stats are better and then say Harris is better because his stats for 'per time played' are better. Absolute nonsense. You could easily argue that he's only getting the ball because he's fresher than his opponents. Regardless, would you prefer an a-grade footballer who can go 80minutes or an a-grade footballer who can go for the full 120?

Hodge is still unable to run out four quarters of football in the middle - he has the versatility to play elsewhere. Even Mitchell has played (and more than held his own) as a back pocket. Based on what you're saying either Harris is a severely limited footballer, or is nothing more than an impact player.

Coaches have come out and called Sammy the next Diesel and it's common knowledge to anyone but the most one eyed Roos supporter that he's the best there is at stoppages. Get over it, they're not even in the same class.

Hodge_is_God said:
Still smarting from that battering you took a few weeks back...to be expected from a mental midget i suppose.

Why do you insist on making me repeat myself?

This thread has nthing to do with Mitchell...Why not just start a specific thread about the Mitchell versus Harris arguement?

Hodge_is_God said:
(career high of a whopping 18ish last year)
This little gem just sums up your entire argument, how much you just make things up. Harris had 30 something possessions this year against someone (I can't remember who, but it is beside the point).

Obviously you have not seen enough of Harris to pass judgement, so don't be surprised if no one actually takes what you say seriously.

year of the roo said:
This little gem just sums up your entire argument, how much you just make things up. Harris had 30 something possessions this year against someone (I can't remember who, but it is beside the point).

Obviously you have not seen enough of Harris to pass judgement, so don't be surprised if no one actually takes what you say seriously.

'Reading' is a handy device for human beings...especially for those less fortunate in the intelligence stakes such as yourself.

18 touches referred to his average per game for the 2004 (his best) season.

I'm sorry to have confused you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apollo_creed said:
Is this the best poll ever?

It should really of had a closing date, but 60-60. You can't go wrong.
I would say its the closest :p Im actually surprised Schammer is doing so well considering many of us dont get to seem him play too often.

apollo_creed said:
Is this the best poll ever?

It should really of had a closing date, but 60-60. You can't go wrong.
What can I say :p

Harris, but thats not disrespecting Schammer. He is a good player too.

I'd rather have Schammer at Richmond though as we are lacking a good outside, clever midfielder.

HeLMie said:
Why are Harris and Schammer being compared?

One is an inside handballing type, while the other is a reciever.
because i wanted too

Harris breaks away to a 10 vote lead.

I agree bizzare coomparison, doubt either club is upset with their player, but with Daniel Wells, Brent Harvey and Shannon Grant gliding past packs i'm glad Daniel Harris is the one dishing the pill out to them.

Was just watching last time they met v Port Adelaide. In the game where we come back by 40 from half time, and with 2 minutes to go Daniel Harris on hsi stomach flied a 20m handball over a pack into the corridor right into the gloves of a running Makepeace who goes on to kick the winning goal.

That was unreal.

Back