Cairns AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats just the point, if your both going for the ball I haven't got a problem with that, hardest man at the ball usually comes out best. What I have a problem with is gutless wa@kers that go the man because they haven't got the skill to go the ball. They and their supporters are the pri#ks that give AFL a bad name. Last years grand final was a typical example, one key Saints player was taken out "off the ball" by a Bumunda Hawk... He was taken to hospital, and if you reckon thats good then you should get a life..... thats not AFL(and I don't give a F@ck how you spell it!).

Quite agree with you Donk, they are gutless going the man it is happening tooo much in our league now, and with no player protection coming from a few of our men in orange. It is about time the league tightens up on suspensions and give these thugs more off field time to contemplate their stupidity.And if my spelling is wrong I dont give a toss :eek:

Thats just the point, if your both going for the ball I haven't got a problem with that, hardest man at the ball usually comes out best. What I have a problem with is gutless wa@kers that go the man because they haven't got the skill to go the ball. They and their supporters are the pri#ks that give AFL a bad name. Last years grand final was a typical example, one key Saints player was taken out "off the ball" by a Bumunda Hawk... He was taken to hospital, and if you reckon thats good then you should get a life..... thats not AFL(and I don't give a F@ck how you spell it!).

Last years Grand Final - have people still not gotten over that yet? I was up in Cairns for the game to watch a mate of mine who plays for Manunda and saw the incident clearly, and what few people seem to know is that there were TWO Manunda Hawks players and one Saints player involved in the collision, yes Dicketts from Saints did need to be taken to hospital, but so did the Manunda Player of Willy Allick, who sustained a fractured skull with air on the brain - CLEARLY Weetra would not have intended to smash his own player (who then failed to take part in the rest of the game) and the incident was purely accidental - HENCE why the tribunal found him NOT GUILTY... So its simply a matter of - Get over it!

As for the hardness of this years competition - why does everyone seem to single Manunda out at the so called "thugs"? I myself have seen players from ALL teams put a hard hit on the opposition, and sorry but isnt this a PHYSICAL sport? Constantly you can hear the crowd screaming at the Umpires that "It's not Netball!" - every club has had players hit hard and concussed this year, INCLUDING Manunda, every club has sustained injuries, its simply the nature of the game... Go back 25 years or so and the game was played allot harder than it is now...

How about instead of personally attacking the skills of individual players who are playing Senior Football, you concentrate on your own clubs performance and lets face it - harden the F up! And once again its Manunda's supporters who are being targeted, when ANYONE who is involved in AFL in Cairns would know there are ALLOT worse than them...

The funniest thing to come out of ALL of this, is that the players from ALL Senior Teams in AFL Cairns do generally get along off the field - the people that seem to have the biggest problem with the hits being hard and physical are the ones that ARENT EVEN WEARING A JUMPER - So if the players can hack it, why cant you?

That's my say.

Heard a whisper that former Seymour dual premiership winning and current sth.cairns coach Steve Daniel has had numerous approaches and has not ruled out a return to the Goulburn Valley next season. Can my old mate Livebait or anyone else confirm or deny this please :thumbsu:.

I agree with Donk & Tamba. Players who dont play the ball shouldnt be in our comp. It happened in last yrs Grand Final as well. Well done boys for speaking up.

Heard a whisper that former Seymour dual premiership winning and current sth.cairns coach Steve Daniel has had numerous approaches and has not ruled out a return to the Goulburn Valley next season. Can my old mate Livebait or anyone else confirm or deny this please :thumbsu:.

Yeah mate I've already heard the rumours and would have to say the great man is pretty comfy in the 28 degree weather up here. You'll see on your next big fishing trip mate, he is just "LIVING THE DREAM".

Heard the whispers as well , and after what hes done for Queensland at the carnival and all Australian selection im sure he will be chased far and wide, :thumbsu:

Heard the whispers as well , and after what hes done for Queensland at the carnival and all Australian selection im sure he will be chased far and wide, :thumbsu:
sure he's not starting them himself noheart. i've heard steve has already signed for south cairns for 2009.

Well I may as well break the ice, as this forum has gone flat...... This weeks winners to be..

Seniors
Souths over Norths by 10 Goals (Fresh after the bye)
Port Over Centrals by 6 Goals
Hawks Over Cobras by, friggin lots....

Reserves
Souths over Norths by 7 Goals (Fresh after the bye)
Port Over Centrals by 10 Goals
Hawks Over Cobras (Cobras to forfeit again)

hows everything on the injury front?? will they have bearings on the finals??

whats the feeling like down at fretwell poiderr, sj would be happy for couple of tough games before finals while willo may be a little bit worried play 2nd, 3rd and 5th in there last 3 games with only a 4pt buffer.

hows everything on the injury front?? will they have bearings on the finals??

whats the feeling like down at fretwell poiderr, sj would be happy for couple of tough games before finals while willo may be a little bit worried play 2nd, 3rd and 5th in there last 3 games with only a 4pt buffer.

I dont get down to training much, did go last thursday and was impressed by the numbers there seeing we were going into a bye. Seniors looking at getting afew back in Peace, Campbell & Billy English, they will have to pass fitness tests, with the return of these hopefully willow will have some players filter back down to ressys and boost his side. Interesting three weeks coming up, hopefully some September action for both sides.:eek:

I dont get down to training much, did go last thursday and was impressed by the numbers there seeing we were going into a bye. Seniors looking at getting afew back in Peace, Campbell & Billy English, they will have to pass fitness tests, with the return of these hopefully willow will have some players filter back down to ressys and boost his side. Interesting three weeks coming up, hopefully some September action for both sides.:eek:

The bad boy from Broadford Knackers a chance to qualify for the two's finals?

I see Eagle kicked the ton on the weekend...seems like no team can stop him. He's surely the best forward seen in Cairns for a long time???? With him, the Saints are going to be hard to stop. Can anyone see other teams getting close to the Saints?

I see Eagle kicked the ton on the weekend...seems like no team can stop him. He's surely the best forward seen in Cairns for a long time???? With him, the Saints are going to be hard to stop. Can anyone see other teams getting close to the Saints?

No doubt this bloke is quality, but you know the old saying " Stop the feed and you will stop the goals" Some pressure on the midfield, thus not allowing clean delivery forward will help immensly. I'm sure most teams will have new plans for September, interesting to see if any can be implemented with success.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got back down to training last night after three weeks away , the boyz were great, plenty of numbers in both reserves and seniors , looking fresh the team selected is not bad either feel sorry for the tigers this weekend for me they will go away with 2 loses from fretwell park . Come sept. 'cutters' will shake up the comp but one game at a time Norths this week , then the fast finishing Hawks away at H Q, and P.D at Fretwell ;)

can anyone tell me how josh mahaer is going, before he left our league, he was in awesome form, played seven or eight games and people still think he can win the league he was playing so good.

Got back down to training last night after three weeks away , the boyz were great, plenty of numbers in both reserves and seniors , looking fresh the team selected is not bad either feel sorry for the tigers this weekend for me they will go away with 2 loses from fretwell park . Come sept. 'cutters' will shake up the comp but one game at a time Norths this week , then the fast finishing Hawks away at H Q, and P.D at Fretwell ;)
yes tamba i think the cutters will be cherry ripe come september; but old mate keep a lid on it don't get too carried away.

anything special to come out of the weekends games to report or is it going to be another quiet week

Centrals have bitten the dust , now down to 4 , first and second are set in cement , not that it matters but P D and Hawks can swap possies 3rd or 4th , 4th or 3rd . mes think (and it hurts me head :eek:) it might be pride where you finish .

Good to see Ray the umpire's HAMMY last the game :thumbsu:

With finals fast approaching and the final four decided, who are everyones tips to be in the GF, and the winner of the 2?

With finals fast approaching and the final four decided, who are everyones tips to be in the GF, and the winner of the 2?

Souths v Saints Seniors GF :cool:

Souths v Saints Reserves GF :cool:

With Saints being by far the best team in the 2's you can't go past them , but anything can happen in a G F, no one can be complacent (big word for little olde me :eek:)

;)

hey guys, any news from the selection tables last nite. should b a cracka of a game hawks v cutters this weekend. who will get that mental edge coming into finals??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back