Caleb Serong

Remove this Banner Ad

If Serong gets 20 possessions this weekend he will break an AFL record! think I saw this on 360 last night

from The West:

Serong has compiled a remarkable 69 consecutive matches of at least 20 touches, one short of equalling Jack Macrae's all-time AFL/VFL mark of 70 games.20 hours ago

he could even steal it?
Nah I think the other contenders will have a bunch more 3 vote games than Serong (Brayshaw and Young definately take a few off him). Bont Neale Merrett and Daicos have less competition and Heeney gets a massive amount of votes early on. Theres always an unexpected surger as well (think Anderson and Gulden from previous years) If Serong finishes top 3 then he's done extremely well.

More than happy with the quantity to quality ratio Caleb is producing.

I know this gets thrown about player X or Y far too often, but as good as he’s produced so far this season I reckon Serong’s still got the juice to reach a higher ceiling yet…short term and long term.

He came 7th last year in the Brownlow with 24 votes, the winner got 31. He came 8th in the coaches votes with 86 votes, the winner got 109. He is currently 4th in the coaches votes with 81, the leader has 92.
Based on media sentiment, I think he is the player most obviously being underrated as a brownlow chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I think the other contenders will have a bunch more 3 vote games than Serong (Brayshaw and Young definately take a few off him). Bont Neale Merrett and Daicos have less competition and Heeney gets a massive amount of votes early on. Theres always an unexpected surger as well (think Anderson and Gulden from previous years) If Serong finishes top 3 then he's done extremely well.
I may be wrong, but unless there is a real love from the umpires of Daicos, I think he will struggle. His dominance of last season is nowhere to be seen so far this eason.He has been tagged out of games pretty easliy at times.
Bontempeeli must be favourite He picks his team up with one arm and gives the don't argue with the oter.
Heeney has faded a bit and is now not a chance due to suspension.
Merrit early but has faded a bit I reckon.
Neale is a massive chance, and sadly so is Cripps.

I may be wrong, but unless there is a real love from the umpires of Daicos, I think he will struggle. His dominance of last season is nowhere to be seen so far this eason.He has been tagged out of games pretty easliy at times.
Bontempeeli must be favourite He picks his team up with one arm and gives the don't argue with the oter.
Daicos and Merrett have had their down patches but no one is stealing votes from them on their respective teams. Heeney will get bulk votes early, I'm keen to see what his lead is in round 10.

Should surpass last year's coaches votes this week. Heeney and Cripps had quiet weeks and will be lucky to get votes. Daicos had a big week and will probably get 10. When the coaches votes are released Serong should be only 3 or 4 votes off the lead

Should surpass last year's coaches votes this week. Heeney and Cripps had quiet weeks and will be lucky to get votes. Daicos had a big week and will probably get 10. When the coaches votes are released Serong should be only 3 or 4 votes off the lead

The bloke is just getting better each week…he’s racking them up like peak Lachie Neale

Bontempelli has been extremely inconsistent this year. People still run with the idea that bontempelli carries bulldogs when it couldn't be further from the truth. Treloer had 40 touches this week and 32 touches and 3 goals the week before.

Bonts last real good game was against us Round 14.

Serong’s kicking is under-rated, and he has excellent vision. One of his kicks this weekend looked like it had sprayed off the side of his boot… directly to the leading forward who goaled. Sublime. He’s a more damaging kick than Neale IMO.

Oh, and yes autocorrect, I did mean “goaled”, not “foaled” 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Caleb Serong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back