Call of Duty: Black Ops - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's alright
i only sent a quick request to a few ppl to join hbks room

ended up being just hbk, sacka and i in the end

first couple of games we had an amazing host and even i wasn't feeling lagged.
then after that i was back to winning 10% of one on ones and using almost a full clip (realistically half) to take people down :thumbsdown:

we all still smashed them though working together :thumbsu:

it's alright
i only sent a quick request to a few ppl to join hbks room

ended up being just hbk, sacka and i in the end

first couple of games we had an amazing host and even i wasn't feeling lagged.
then after that i was back to winning 10% of one on ones and using almost a full clip (realistically half) to take people down :thumbsdown:

we all still smashed them though working together :thumbsu:
That host was bloody GREAT, prob the first time playing this game that i have won the one on ones.

picked up a copy on ps3 today. pretty fun.

however, my major grip with this game is that it doesn't feel like the 1960's at all.....it just looks like a skin pack for MW2. there's nothing in there which make me think it's the cold war.....major disapointment because i was expecting them to at least make the player a bit more immersed with that era.

it really is just an expansion for MW2.

I hope they go down a different lane for the next COD in terms of atmosphere and tweak the gameplay slightly.

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - Part II

How do you know if you're host? :S /n00b question
At the very start of the match, if you chose your weapon quick enough, you will join the server first, bring up the scorecard and you will have 4 bars while the others will have 1 bar "before they connect"

Online is really pissing me off at the moment. Can't join any of my mates in either zombies or online multiplayer. Just keeps saying Session not available, then goes back to playing that ridiculous video that is completely unneccessary.

Online is really pissing me off at the moment. Can't join any of my mates in either zombies or online multiplayer. Just keeps saying Session not available, then goes back to playing that ridiculous video that is completely unneccessary.

Console or PC? If console your NAT type is probably strict, nothing to do with the game.

Been pretty trouble free for me so far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a 6 kill multi kill on a FFA game with a napalm strike on Launch last night. Was quite proud of myself to be honest. Also that same game a bloke I shot dropped into last stand and I managed to kill him by the sticking of a Semtex to him from a bit of distance away. Also I managed to win a Nuketown FFA in 3 minutes 35 seconds with a Spy Plane, Napalm Strike and Chopper Gunner set up with Hardline. Have the vids on my file share and will throw them up on here when I figure out how to do it.

On a side note has anyone else experienced mics playing up. Am in a lobby with mates and we can talk then all of a sudden we are in game and cant hear each other. Pisses me off big time. PS3 BTW.

Took me ages to work out Khe Sahn...jesus.

You think they'd give you a bit more info than "Push back the NVA" when there is some non obvious thing you have to do to proceed.

One time i was there smoking respawning NVA for 20minutes, then got killed by a grenade :mad: FUUUUUU
Yep, everyone I know who's played that level had difficulty with it. I also had no idea there was a specific way you had to do it, stupid Treyarchn00blickers.

I have a question to anyone who uses Ghost Pro. In the description for the pro version it says that Aircraft won't target you. But the attack chopper has no problem finding me and I light up like a christmas tree for the chopper gunner. I imagined that Ghost Pro would be like cold blooded Pro in MW2. Is my Ghost Pro working properly?

Chopper gunners are player controlled. Enemies are highlighted by red diamond markers but in the infrared/heat sensor type display it is quite easy to spot players in the open. Killstreak rewards that aren't player controlled will not find you.

Took me ages to work out Khe Sahn...jesus.

You think they'd give you a bit more info than "Push back the NVA" when there is some non obvious thing you have to do to proceed.

One time i was there smoking respawning NVA for 20minutes, then got killed by a grenade :mad: FUUUUUU

I had the same problem mate. Isn't there a barrel or something you need to interact with? I never saw those and neither did another mate, yet a few other lads had to interact to pass it.

I had the same problem mate. Isn't there a barrel or something you need to interact with? I never saw those and neither did another mate, yet a few other lads had to interact to pass it.

Yeah there are 3 barrels of napalm you need to stab and kick into the trench to clean out the NVA, which looks cool if know you have to do it!

If you don't see Woods kick the first barrel (like for instance if you're hiding in a bunker trying to recover from being shot by the 200 NVA), you're basically screwed. Should be a cut scene when Woods does his barrel.

In trying to work it out i did find my only secret intel of the game so far tho

As for multiplayer, love how perks like ghost change your characters look. Nice touch. Still deciding what gun to buy after the FAMAS. I'm basically picking up everything that gets dropped and giving it a crack first. Hate to waste my credits on a POS. Galil seems ok?

Mancey the funny thing about that is you don't even need to kick those barrels to finish the level, very odd. I never saw those barrels and I'm on the last level.

The spawning enemies there are a bitch though. I think that because I kept killing them after dying I just charged my way down the hill via the trenches and bypassed the barrels.

I haven't watched the review (mainly because the embed was broken) so don't know what that guy said, but in regards to the killstreaks.
Fixed. It did that split across two lines bullshit.

You realise that is how they're more or less meant to be? A killstreak reward is meant to be something that rewards you for getting x amount of kills without dying. From that you're meant to just get a boost for that streak. It's not about suddenly going from 5 kills to 20 kills because you got lucky with a care package and were then able to rape the map with the gunner. If you're good enough you can manage about 5-7 kills through a killstreak, which is absolutely perfect. Sometimes you might not get a kill, but that is just the luck of the draw.
The guy in the review was trying to put his finger on what he doesn't like about the game, as it was difficult to summarise. It's not like MW2 where the flaws were obvious. The problems with this game IMO are a lot more subtle - but just as profound.

It's that it is weak. The guns are weak, the killstreaks are weak, the grenades are weak, the perks are weak. Its a weak, watered down game. It doesn't have the crazy bad-ass-ness of MW2. Its like they decided to nerf EVERYTHING rather than just the overpowered stuff.

It probably has a lot to do with the sound as well. Everything from the tinny claps of the guns to the chopper gunners supposed gatling gun sounding like a washer/dryer combo. It makes you feel like you're playing with toys, rather than the real thing.

I dunno, I still enjoy it and I will no doubt play it a lot. I really, really dig some of the stuff they have implemented and I appreciate the effort to balance things out a bit. However, IMO, in doing so they have taken some of the character and fun out of it as well.

I got a triple kill with the RX-CD and it didn't feel anywhere near as satisfying as a triple with a predator.

Call of Duty: Paint Ball Edition

The only killstreak that is really probably overpowered is the RCXD mainly because it's very cheap and especially on Nuketown you can really do a lot of damage. But I also know why it's a 3 killstreak, mainly because anything else put at 3 would mean everyone would use Spy Plane and to negate that they would then use Ghost, which puts to death about 7 other things in the game
Yeah the RX-CD should have been a 4 kill streak I reckon, but I get your point about the spy-planes. They get abused the shit out of which means everyone would have to run Ghost to remain competitive.

That is true now anyway. I only have one class without Ghost and thats my Lightweight Pro, Sleight of Hand Pro and Marathon Pro Ak74u class (totally smashes it BTW)

Mancey the funny thing about that is you don't even need to kick those barrels to finish the level, very odd. I never saw those barrels and I'm on the last level.

Yeah i got to the first checkpoint down the bottom a couple of times and it reset the waypoint further along, so it must be possible. But then i'd be in the open and just get smashed.

The fact it kept resetting the waypoint made me think that is what i had to do, it just seemed impossible

I was playing on hardened, i don't think it'd be possible on hardened or veteran without doing the barrel dealio and protecting your left flank/rear

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - Part II

At the very start of the match, if you chose your weapon quick enough, you will join the server first, bring up the scorecard and you will have 4 bars while the others will have 1 bar "before they connect"

Ahh okay then, thanks dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back