Callan Ward jumps ship

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a professional footballer.

It would be stupid on a galatic scale to turn down that much money. No one on here would turn down that much loot.

I probably would. It would be a tough decision but I think the allure of being a one club champion for your local team as opposed to playing for a new club in western sydney would be enough for me to stay.

if Bulldogs do get teir 1 compo it would give them a good chance in the mini draft.

You also cant hold it against the kid for leaving for that kind of coin!

How many games you seen him play ? He's tough as nails, finds the pill and had a decent set of skills. When I first heard of rumors of him going to GWS I thought they were crazy and started paying attention to him. He's one of the most promising young players in the comp. He will never die trying which is exactly what GWS need.

Will get their money's worth that's for sure

Yep, he is a gun, hard to say no to that kind of money.

If this is correct, they should drop Ward for the last match. The club needs to do what is best for the list. We have nothing to play for so may as well put another game into a young player.

Hopefully, we score a good draft pick and use it wisely.

The AFL should introduce a rule that prevents GWS stealing another player from the same club at the end of 2012.

We've lost two now. A third player next year would be diabolical.

Thats crap.

If someone offered you double your current salary would you change jobs?
Lets face it 90-95% of us would, footballers are no different.

I probably would but I don't work in front of thousands of loyal fans of my company. There are no little kids with my number on the back of their jumper. Every time I do something good at work, I don't hear the applause of celebrating fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I probably would but I don't work in front of thousands of loyal fans of my company. There are no little kids with my number on the back of their jumper. Every time I do something good at work, I don't hear the applause of celebrating fans.

You mustn't be doing very good then, I walk into a standing ovation at work every day.

How can you prove this, so far its just a speculation piece from a journo. Whether it proves to be correct in a week or longer is possible but still i doubt either party will put their hand up and say they agreed earlier. Ablett is still towing that company line whenever he is asked when did he decide.

The report is unequivocal. Ward has decided to leave. Fact. He's clearly told someone, if not Jake Niall. You can be convicted of murder on the evidence that you told someone about it.

The hypocrisy of the AFL is incredible. Staggering.

Ah well. Hopefully he doesn't play on the weekend if this is conformed, would be a shame to have the cheers for Baz, Huddo and Hahn dulled by the jeers for Ward. Very disappointing.

Ward will join GWS on a five-year contract believed to be worth $750,000-$800,000 a year, or between $3.75 million and $4 million over the life of the contract. This is expected to be front-ended in the manner of Gary Ablett's five-year deal with Gold Coast.

But GWS don't offer contracts. And Sheedy hasn't met him. And they've never talked money ...

Full of shit AFL. :mad: Again. :mad:

Should get 2 compo first round picks if the AFL is serious, it goes on next contract/age/BnF placings, he is on a MASSIVE contract, only 21 years old, and will feature high in our BnF this year.

if that isnt highest compo, i dont know what is!

+ the AFL has to feel a bit sorry for us for taking 2 of our promising players in as many years...

Should get 2 compo first round picks if the AFL is serious, it goes on next contract/age/BnF placings, he is on a MASSIVE contract, only 21 years old, and will feature high in our BnF this year.

if that isnt highest compo, i dont know what is!

+ the AFL has to feel a bit sorry for us for taking 2 of our promising players in as many years...

you wont

Remove this Banner Ad

Callan Ward jumps ship

Remove this Banner Ad

Back