Callan Ward

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this.

Also can't believe the haters are out already and he hasn't even left yet! If he stays a few people are going to have egg on their faces...

Don't hate the guy, never met him ,he is listed player at the club I support,nothing more or less.

Happy to wipe egg off my face, but very much doubt it.I heard back in May that he was leaving.All a bit silly really, after re-signing all those other guys
there might not be enough left in the cap for him now.
IN : Wallis for the Freo game
OUT : Ward

Whilst Wardy has a Bulldogs jumper on and is putting his head over the ball for us as usual, then he deserves our support. Not one of you can begrudge a kid who can set himself up for life. He gets one shot at it and he is doing the right thing. Anybody boos him around me next well I'll be going to town on, it's a ******* disgrace, Richmondesque supporter crap!
If you want to get all fuzzy and warm about him leaving well good on you.:mad:

He's all but gone, no doubt about it. So pissed because when I first saw him play he was my instant favourite player and I knew he would be a gun and was rating him very highly around my friends and family when no one knew much about him.

Seeing as he was supposedly "torn" over the decision, I have a feeling we could see him back in a Dogs jumper in 5 or 6 years time.

I think of myself being in the same situation, being a local boy being at the club I truly love and then being offered a ridiculous amount of money to play for another team that is simply to hard to refuse. So signing a 4 year deal at GWS for $800,000 a season, then maybe another year or two depending on premiership chances, then coming home and finishing off your career where you started. Unfortunately for us wont see the best of him but would be good to have him back seeing as he will be one of the best in the AFL in years to come.

The compensation may end up being a positive. Time will tell. It seems he is gone though.

Any emotion about it is unnecessary. It is a unique situation, and he left for the money. I know I would, if I was interested in such a career. However, I'm not, and I see why it can be devastating for us. However, we need to accept it and move on if he leaves, and hope the club uses the compensation intelligently. He wasnt that high a pick, and we may pick up a future star with the compo.

He's all but gone, no doubt about it. So pissed because when I first saw him play he was my instant favourite player and I knew he would be a gun and was rating him very highly around my friends and family when no one knew much about him.

Seeing as he was supposedly "torn" over the decision, I have a feeling we could see him back in a Dogs jumper in 5 or 6 years time.

I think of myself being in the same situation, being a local boy being at the club I truly love and then being offered a ridiculous amount of money to play for another team that is simply to hard to refuse. So signing a 4 year deal at GWS for $800,000 a season, then maybe another year or two depending on premiership chances, then coming home and finishing off your career where you started. Unfortunately for us wont see the best of him but would be good to have him back seeing as he will be one of the best in the AFL in years to come.

He wouldnt be welcome back, why would we if another club has got the best our of our $$$$ investment

The compensation may end up being a positive. Time will tell. It seems he is gone though.

Any emotion about it is unnecessary. It is a unique situation, and he left for the money. I know I would, if I was interested in such a career. However, I'm not, and I see why it can be devastating for us. However, we need to accept it and move on if he leaves, and hope the club uses the compensation intelligently. He wasnt that high a pick, and we may pick up a future star with the compo.

The compensation we get will never be what we want it to be - I guaruntee it.
It's like a tax return, you hope that you get $2000 back but you only get $800. I am positive that the Afl will totally screw us and we'll get some pathetic 'end of first round' pick.
Why the **** are we the only club that loses 2 great players in 2 years.
We have been r*ped more than any other club and one of our own life members is responsible. Let's give Scott Clayton a big pat on the back

The compensation we get will never be what we want it to be - I guaruntee it.
It's like a tax return, you hope that you get $2000 back but you only get $800. I am positive that the Afl will totally screw us and we'll get some pathetic 'end of first round' pick.
Why the **** are we the only club that loses 2 great players in 2 years.
We have been r*ped more than any other club and one of our own life members is responsible. Let's give Scott Clayton a big pat on the back

Um, Adelaide has lost two gun players in two years too. Bock to GCS and Davis to GWS
That being said, it still stinks.

Seems like a lot has changed over the last few weeks. Spoke to my mate last night and he said he's gone.

Just have to say all the best for him at GWS then, he is, and will continue to be an absolute freak footy player.

According to the Heraldsun this morning, we will only get one first round pick, while Melbourne will get two if Scully goes. Sick of AFL - it never seems to give us a fair deal, either umpires, changes to the father/son, or new clubs coming in including Adelaide who seem to benefit from us. Then we wonder why we only have one premiership - :(

For me the thing that hurts is that he's a local boy. Our song starts with 'sons of the west' and we're meant to be trying to build a tribal/local presence in the western suburbs (though god knows what this means in the days of national draft). And now a genuine son of the west leaves (and by the way no personal animosity to Cal, you have to take it while it's there).

If he was from South Freo or Central Districts originally it wouldn't feel quite so disappointing.

Screw you AFL :mad: Two first round picks is bloody common sense. Almost a million a year and the fact that its two players in two years should be taken into account (even though I know it won't be).

For me the thing that hurts is that he's a local boy. Our song starts with 'sons of the west' and we're meant to be trying to build a tribal/local presence in the western suburbs (though god knows what this means in the days of national draft). And now a genuine son of the west leaves (and by the way no personal animosity to Cal, you have to take it while it's there).

If he was from South Freo or Central Districts originally it wouldn't feel quite so disappointing.

Agree 100% with that

close to the straw that breaks the camels back for me following the AFL, not out of anger at Ward, out of the realization that the longer this league goes on, the more it resembles the english premier league, big clubs get bigger and better, the smaller ones are there simply to fill contractual agreements

As Walsh stated losing a local boy burns more than losing Harbrow, losing both in 2 years while Collingwood lose Fraser :D, Hawks lose Brown :D and Carlton don't lose anything just rubs it right in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

close to the straw that breaks the camels back for me following the AFL
I haven't got to that stage yet. Not sure why. It may be because I've always loved the club, not the league, so as long as the club is in the league the AFL is something I'll have an interest in. Thats why if the AFL destroy any of these clubs, they'd lose so many customers.

If Ward goes the anger should be at him as well as the AFL. He does not have to go as the Bulldogs would still pay him very well and in the long term there would be other benefits which he will miss out on by joining the artificial GWS entity.

If he goes, my thoughts exactly.

You can tell the way he is playing he is going and if he was staying surely he would of signed by now or atleast indicated he was staying. People say you can't knock back the money, well when you are going to be in the top bracket of money earners going around when you are in your early twenties you certainly can knock it back if you truly loved the club your playing for.

You can tell the way he is playing he is going and if he was staying surely he would of signed by now or atleast indicated he was staying. People say you can't knock back the money, well when you are going to be in the top bracket of money earners going around when you are in your early twenties you certainly can knock it back if you truly loved the club your playing for.

If this is the case then it would be disgraceful if he plays next week.

There's a strong view - shared by myself - that the reason McIntosh isn't playing for North is that a deal has been done for him. Difference being we've managed to keep it on the down low.

But if a player has signed, I don't think they should be playing seniors, if only because the team needs to learn how to adjust to playing without them.

Agree 100% with that

close to the straw that breaks the camels back for me following the AFL, not out of anger at Ward, out of the realization that the longer this league goes on, the more it resembles the english premier league, big clubs get bigger and better, the smaller ones are there simply to fill contractual agreements

As Walsh stated losing a local boy burns more than losing Harbrow, losing both in 2 years while Collingwood lose Fraser :D, Hawks lose Brown :D and Carlton don't lose anything just rubs it right in

It's definitely the final straw for me. I hope the club has 20,000 members next year and the AFL has to pick up the pieces.

Basically a thread full of sad old men who can't be happy for somebody who is shitting all over them at life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back