Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't distance myself from that at all. It is possible for a highly rated player to be outplayed by a lesser rated player over a defined period under any system of rating or voting. Worpel and Rowbottom are big reasons why the midfields they play in are taking all before them throughout most of this year. Their teams are not both performing way above expectations for no reason. It is because players like these have found a new level, THIS YEAR.
yeah so you're falling into the trap of using a crazy rating system. No-one is taking Worpel over Toby Green THIS YEAR or Rowbottom over Curnow THIS YEAR.

I just checked. Clayton Oliver is the 35th best player. lol, come on now. Oliver is operating at about 20% at the moment, mentally and physically yet apparently the 35th best player.

Mason Wood higher than Weitering and Sam Taylor.

Alex neal-Bullen better than Whitfield

Jy Simpkin better than Sam Flanders

Jack Buckley better than Horne-Francis.

Jack Macrae better than Grundy

Dyson Heppell better than Zorko

Players better than Rayner using YOUR ratings system: Pat Lipinski, Heppell, Mason Wood, Farrell, Bailey J Williams, Brad Close.

Which one is it Dan. He is having loads of impact most weeks now and his stats yesterday were good as well. Surely you are not flip flopping between arguments, I know you’re better than that
most weeks? he literally was the essential sub against melbourne with 8 possessions and no influence on the game playing on a rookie.

yeah so you're falling into the trap of using a crazy rating system.

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

yeah so you're falling into the trap of using a crazy rating system. No-one is taking Worpel over Toby Green THIS YEAR or Rowbottom over Curnow THIS YEAR.

I just checked. Clayton Oliver is the 35th best player. lol, come on now. Oliver is operating at about 20% at the moment, mentally and physically yet apparently the 35th best player.

Mason Wood higher than Weitering and Sam Taylor.

Alex neal-Bullen better than Whitfield

Jy Simpkin better than Sam Flanders

Jack Buckley better than Horne-Francis.

Jack Macrae better than Grundy

Dyson Heppell better than Zorko

Players better than Rayner using YOUR ratings system: Pat Lipinski, Heppell, Mason Wood, Farrell, Bailey J Williams, Brad Close.

You have(presumably) listed a whole heap of players who have rated better than one other player this season as if it proves something.

Weitering for eg is rating less than his best levels of the last few seasons, presumably due to having several matches(4 I think) where he seems to have copped corkies early on that restricted him. The ratings are only telling the same story as his coaches votes which are down from his last few seasons.

Sam Taylor's ratings also it makes sense will be down on previous seasons due to the effect of in game injuries and concussion.

Clayton Oliver top 35, what are you reading that tells you that? He is outside the top 100 rated players in 2024. In fact I think you have had a malfunction here Danster, which is yet another reason you don't seem to know what you are talking about.

In any event, it doesn't automatically mean the higher rated player within one season would be worth more to trade but you can say that about any voting or rating system. Average coaches votes for instance has Miers ahead of Bolton in 2024. Same sort of age. Bolton is being talked about being worth 3 rd 1 picks in a trade. Do you think you get anything like that for Miers? Not a snowflakes danster.

It seems according to your way of thinking, tackles, pressure acts, and all the little unseen things of value players do to help their teams win....are in fact worthless so players shouldn't bother with those, they should all try to receive easy balls like Barely Avfritsch and have shots at goal. Trouble is, there would be nobody to get the ball to them in the first place Danster. :drunk:

Guys,

All we need is Cam to kick 6 in a granny and make an AA squad this year. Don't bother with ratings or coaches votes etc.

Then he is on par with Fritsch.

Simple task

That takes him to 24 votes polled across 6 games. Essentially, he features in the bests about every third game so I think we can put the 'he plays one good game then disappears for 2 months' narrative to rest.

Compares favourably to Fritsch who has polled zero (0) votes from zero (0) games

Brent Daniels. Another forward better than Fritsch

Last 7 weeks, averages:

14.9 disposals
3.1 tackles
1.7 goals
1.1 goal assists
4 inside 50’s
3 clearances

And of course, just looking at stats will tell you very little - if you bother to watch him play you’ll see him do the things the stats sheet cannot capture. Coming up on a strong 2 months now.

Importantly, in the two games where his disposal counts were below 10 (8 and 9), he contributed 2 and 3 goals. I wouldn’t mind if he averaged 8.5 disposals and kicked 57.5 goals for the H&A - would put him 5th on last years Coleman leaderboard! Dare I say maybe even AA squad worthy.

If I am to be honest, I’m not all that shocked that a 24 year old who missed an entire season of footy a couple of years back, still has improvement in him, and is starting to show greater consistency with a more clearly defined role (Fagan speaks to it in the presser).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That takes him to 24 votes polled across 6 games. Essentially, he features in the bests about every third game so I think we can put the 'he plays one good game then disappears for 2 months' narrative to rest.

Compares favourably to Fritsch who has polled zero (0) votes from zero (0) games

You mean to say Rayner has played his 1 really good game per year that fools everyone about 5 times so far this year? danster168 :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Last 7 weeks, averages:

14.9 disposals
3.1 tackles
1.7 goals
1.1 goal assists
4 inside 50’s
3 clearances

And of course, just looking at stats will tell you very little - if you bother to watch him play you’ll see him do the things the stats sheet cannot capture. Coming up on a strong 2 months now.

Importantly, in the two games where his disposal counts were below 10 (8 and 9), he contributed 2 and 3 goals. I wouldn’t mind if he averaged 8.5 disposals and kicked 57.5 goals for the H&A - would put him 5th on last years Coleman leaderboard! Dare I say maybe even AA squad worthy.

If I am to be honest, I’m not all that shocked that a 24 year old who missed an entire season of footy a couple of years back, still has improvement in him, and is starting to show greater consistency with a more clearly defined role (Fagan speaks to it in the presser).
a shame averages don't just cover 7 weeks but the whole season.

lol Fritsch kicked the 4th most goals than any other forward in the last 4 years. Elite goal kicker. Stop comparing fringe players that Brisbane fans wanted dropped to a guy that's performed at an elite level for years.

lol Fritsch kicked the 4th most goals than any other forward in the last 4 years. Elite goal kicker. Stop comparing fringe players that Brisbane fans wanted dropped to a guy that's performed at an elite level for years.
its sad to see how far fritters has fallen

him and oliver are in a contest to see who can tank melbourne's season harder

Carter, Dan does not base his comments on stats, except when he does
Bulldust Happy Neale. he was absolute trash that night. Horrendous. 1 mark and goal, a gimme goal in the goal square and then subbed out at half time playing on a rookie. pathetic.

Funny how you say Fritsch doesn't do anything else other than kick goals but when Rayner has 8 possession, 2 goal games on the worst defender it's all of a sudden 'an influence'. Pick a side.

a shame averages don't just cover 7 weeks but the whole season.

One of your main criticisms has been that “he plays one good game per year and then is an inconsistent spud for the rest”.

I am highlighting that he has produced a consistently good two months, with sprinkles of great - the weekends BOG performance, and his game against Port included. (20 touches, 1 goal, 4 goal assists, 4 clearances, 5 inside 50’s).

Would you agree?

Bulldust Happy Neale. he was absolute trash that night. Horrendous. 1 mark and goal, a gimme goal in the goal square and then subbed out at half time playing on a rookie. pathetic.

Funny how you say Fritsch doesn't do anything else other than kick goals but when Rayner has 8 possession, 2 goal games on the worst defender it's all of a sudden 'an influence'. Pick a side.
Who is your first paragraph about? Not Rayner that’s for sure. Yes you also agree Fritsch does literally nothing aside from kicking goals. Would be one of the worst defensive forwards in the comp.

Does his offensive output justify that? Don’t think so given he doesn’t really create much but gets on the end of chains more often than not for his scores. He scores 0.8 more goals per game than Rayner (in your words a failed forward) and does nothing else. Trade bait?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back