Certified Legendary Thread Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Rayner was a physical presence and killed the ball numerous times last week. Was there to play a pressure high half forward role alongside Bailey and McCarthy. As a group they did a very good job killing the ball and creating stoppages/poor kicks. He played his role incredibly well, even though it was not his night to have 20 touches.

Fritsch's lack of physicality stood out like dogs nuts last night.

In a game where physicallity and ability to win contests was paramount, he looked out of his depth.
He excels in games where there's no contest and he gets easy uncontested ball. Down hill skiier is the right word.
Fritsch's lack of physicality stood out like dogs nuts last night.

In a game where physicallity and ability to win contests was paramount, he looked out of his depth.
He excels in games where there's no contest and he gets easy uncontested ball. Down hill skiier is the right word.
haha laughable. not every player is going to attack the ball like a jack viney but fritsch goes as hard as anyone in the league in the air. he goes back with the flight when he needs to, he hits aerial contests with pace and vigour. he made the AA squad and rightly so.

He almost won a norm Smith and you're calling him a down hill skier? kidding yourself. he basically kept us in the game with his clutch goals.

ANB ahead of Fritsch? Lay off the crack pipe my brother!

The standings from the 2021 Melbourne FC B&F, Fritsch’s best season so far…..Neal-Bullen 8th, Fritsch 11th. You may want to ask yourself why…😁

Final Leaderboard

670 – Clayton Oliver

644 – Christian Petracca

542 – Max Gawn

522 – Christian Salem

498 – Jake Lever

487 – Ed Langdon

431 – Steven May

421 – Alex Neal-Bullen

408 – Tom McDonald

408 – Kysaiah Pickett

397 – Bayley Fritsch

The standings from the 2021 Melbourne FC B&F, Fritsch’s best season so far…..Neal-Bullen 8th, Fritsch 11th. You may want to ask yourself why…😁

Final Leaderboard

670 – Clayton Oliver

644 – Christian Petracca

542 – Max Gawn

522 – Christian Salem

498 – Jake Lever

487 – Ed Langdon

431 – Steven May

421 – Alex Neal-Bullen

408 – Tom McDonald

408 – Kysaiah Pickett

397 – Bayley Fritsch
You’ve got these two infront of you, you’re picking Fritsch everyday of the week.

You’ve got these two infront of you, you’re picking Fritsch everyday of the week.

I am not. You maybe. It depends whether you see receivers or contest winners as being more valuable in a footy team. It is clear what the Melbourne coaching staff who make the votes think. And they should be in the best position to know. Why do you think they gave Neal-Bullen more votes(and more votes per game) then Fritsch in Fritsch’s best season so far?

I am not. You maybe. It depends whether you see receivers or contest winners as being more valuable in a footy team. It is clear what the Melbourne coaching staff who make the votes think. And they should be in the best position to know. Why do you think they gave Neal-Bullen more votes(and more votes per game) then Fritsch in Fritsch’s best season so far?
How Melbourne coaches vote their B&F doesn’t mean much to me when comparing which of the two players are better.

I’d be very confident that majority of people would pick Fritsch over ANB if given the choice. Even with the knowledge that ANB finished higher in their B&F voting in 2021. That’s a random bit of trivia to try and justify one player is better than the other tbh.

Baker finished higher in Richmond’s B&F than Bolton. You taking Baker over Bolton?

How Melbourne coaches vote their B&F doesn’t mean much to me when comparing which of the two players are better.

I’d be very confident that majority of people would pick Fritsch over ANB if given the choice. Even with the knowledge that ANB finished higher in their B&F voting in 2021. That’s a random bit of trivia to try and justify one player is better than the other tbh.

Neal-Bullen is probably a lot better player than most people think. And Fritsch is probably a lesser player than most people think. He is a a receiver Fritsch, a good one but a receiver nonetheless. And as we saw last night, players like that have a certain limit to their value. I think with Fritsch a lot of people see he kicks 50 goals in a season and think that automatically makes him as good as other players who kick 50 in a season. But he isn’t near as good as others around him on the AFL goal kicking table. Those players are winning way more contests, bringing more balls to the ground, and having more score involvements than Fritsch. Don’t be fooled like danster168 . 😁

There would be clubs that would be willing to pay Fritsch $700K a year.

There would maybe be one club willing to pay Nealey $400K.

I like Nibbler though. He's decent.

As far as Rayner is concerned, he just doesn't have the finesse that Martin and Petracca have.

They're both great kicks, and cunning with the ball. Rayner is just like 'smash-smash-smash'.

He's probably more tracking towards a Josh Caddy in his prime type, and that's probably at best to be honest.

Caddy did finish top 10 in the Coleman one year.

There would be clubs that would be willing to pay Fritsch $700K a year.

There would maybe be one club willing to pay Nealey $400K.

I like Nibbler though. He's decent.

As far as Rayner is concerned, he just doesn't have the finesse that Martin and Petracca have.

They're both great kicks, and cunning with the ball. Rayner is just like 'smash-smash-smash'.

He's probably more tracking towards a Josh Caddy in his prime type, and that's probably at best to be honest.

Caddy did finish top 10 in the Coleman one year.

No sane club is paying $700k - a marquee wage - to a player who finished outside the top 10 in his club B&F in his best season. $700k is what the 4th-5th best player at your club gets paid, unless you play for Carlton, in which case any campaigner gets $700k+. Fritsch is a 6-12 ranked player in a club. $500-550k wage type at his peak. Neal-Bullen may be considered a bit under that, but I wouldn’t be sure, he is likely to get another top 10 B&F finish this year I think.

No sane club is paying $700k - a marquee wage - to a player who finished outside the top 10 in his club B&F in his best season. $700k is what the 4th-5th best player at your club gets paid, unless you play for Carlton, in which case any campaigner gets $700k+. Fritsch is a 6-12 ranked player in a club. $500-550k wage type at his peak. Neal-Bullen may be considered a bit under that, but I wouldn’t be sure, he is likely to get another top 10 B&F finish this year I think.
You have some misplaced idea in your head that top 10 placings in B&F = 10 top wage.

That's not how it works though.

Otherwise Rankine, who has never finished in his team's top 10 wouldn't be being offered $800K, nor McStay ($500K-$600K), who likewise has never finished in his team's top 10, as far as I'm aware.

Role players regularly finish high in club's B&Fs.

When I used to support Fremantle, Crowley won ahead of Fyfe, Pavlich, Sandilands and Mundy.

Would you have recommended Fremantle re-did all the player's contracts after that result?

A player in Fritsch who has finished 7th and 8th in the Coleman in the past 2 years, is likely a more valuable player in opposition club's eyes than Rankine, who in reality, the Crows can only hope will ever reach those heights.

You have some misplaced idea in your head that top 10 placings in B&F = 10 top wage.

That's not how it works though.

Otherwise Rankine, who has never finished in his team's top 10 wouldn't be being offered $800K, nor McStay ($500K-$600K), who likewise has never finished in his team's top 10, as far as I'm aware.

Role players regularly finish high in club's B&Fs.

When I used to support Fremantle, Crowley won ahead of Fyfe, Pavlich, Sandilands and Mundy.

Would you have recommended Fremantle re-did all the player's contracts after that result?

A player in Fritsch who has finished 7th and 8th in the Coleman in the past 2 years, is likely a more valuable player in opposition club's eyes than Rankine, who in reality, the Crows can only hope will ever reach those heights.

I don’t think B & F finishes correlate perfectly to a player’s value. But Fritsch is not a top 5-6 type player at a club. He just isn’t. You are blinded by the amount of goals he kicks. He brings nothing else whatsoever to the table. No tackles, no pressure, no contest, no creating opportunities for others. So his 50 goals is not like another player kicking 50 goals.

I don’t think B & F finishes correlate perfectly to a player’s value. But Fritsch is not a top 5-6 type player at a club. He just isn’t. You are blinded by the amount of goals he kicks. He brings nothing else whatsoever to the table. No tackles, no pressure, no contest, no creating opportunities for others. So his 50 goals is not like another player kicking 50 goals.
He would be a top 6 player at a lot of clubs, lol.

Ranked #12 for assists for forwards this year and #24 all up.

Pretty good for someone who also kicked the 7th most goals.

He might not tackle or pressure, but that's not his job to do, he is more of a pseudo-key forward, with his aerial ability.

Spargo, Pickett and Neale-Bullen are there for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would be a top 6 player at a lot of clubs, lol.

Ranked #12 for assists for forwards this year and #24 all up.

Pretty good for someone who also kicked the 7th most goals.

He might not tackle or pressure, but that's not his job to do, he is more of a pseudo-key forward, with his aerial ability.

Spargo, Pickett and Neale-Bullen are there for that.

Fritsch is AFL number 76th for average goal assists in 2022 with 5 other players. Rayner is above him on that score. He is 14th for average goals. This is a guy who doesn’t win his own ball or tackle or create anything for team-mates. You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think he is a top end player.

Fritsch is AFL number 76th for average goal assists in 2022 with 5 other players. Rayner is above him on that score. He is 14th for average goals. This is a guy who doesn’t win his own ball or tackle or create anything for team-mates. You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think he is a top end player.
jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Dont forget the loss was
1) At home
2) Heavily favourites
3) Beaten Lions easily the last few times
4) Lions couldnt win at the MCG for YEARS

Easy game for Melb.

hey, I'm not jack ginnivan. I didn't go around saying 'light work'. Footy is footy. Upsets happen every week. Just a bad time to happen for Melbourne fans. Bad kicking is bad football.

Cam Rayner not doing much. 7 touches, 90 metres gained. Semi decent first quarter by Rayners standards, invisible in the 2nd quarter.
Are you watching the game?

He’s been one of the few slowing down and backing his kicking skills in the forward half.

Easily been one of Brisbane’s best so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back