Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Rayner and Cameron kicked more goals than barely avfritch that game

Danster acknowledges and appreciates facts.

images

… not those facts.

the other day Rayner spoiled a kickout which directly resulted in a goal after Hipwood picked up the loose ball- barely a blip on the stats sheet but you may as well mark it down as a goal for Rayner.
Not to mention his tap on to a team mate in the goal square resulted in a goal aswell. If he took possession of the ball he would of been tackled and the ball would of either spilt or been held in. Some things he does without ball in hand is amazing.

How about these facts.
Fritsch has kicked more goals in 2024.
Kicked more goals in 2022
Kicked more goals in 2021.
Averaged more goals over the 4 year period.
Gotta hurt :)

Well, no, not even slightly. Ignoring for a moment the fact that goals are not the sole-purpose of a forward, and that they can contribute to a team in a multitude of other ways…

2020: Cameron +9 (40.9% more)
2021: Frittata +4 (7.3%)
2022: Frittata +1 (1.9%)
2023: Cameron +22 (55.3%)

I’ll be honest, knowing that Frittata (who contributes to his team solely by kicking goals) kicked a whole extra goal more than Charlie in 2022, does not cause me any harm.

I know how highly you value pressure - Charlie lay 77 tackles that year - 108% more than the 37 from Frittata. I wonder if those have any value? Or is that extra 1 goal just too enticing to look past?

Frittata is good at what he does - kick goals. But that’s literally all that he offers. Which is fine, some has to do it. But he doesn’t hold a candle to Cameron, who is a far more multi-dimensional player.

2024 Charlie Cameron is one of the most cooked players I've ever seen. No idea what's going on with him but he fumbles any time he's near it and struggles to make the distance from shots 40m out.

Being better than 2024 Charlie Cameron is absolutely not a noteworthy achievement

Well, no, not even slightly. Ignoring for a moment the fact that goals are not the sole-purpose of a forward, and that they can contribute to a team in a multitude of other ways…

2020: Cameron +9 (40.9% more)
2021: Frittata +4 (7.3%)
2022: Frittata +1 (1.9%)
2023: Cameron +22 (55.3%)

I’ll be honest, knowing that Frittata (who contributes to his team solely by kicking goals) kicked a whole extra goal more than Charlie in 2022, does not cause me any harm.

I know how highly you value pressure - Charlie lay 77 tackles that year - 108% more than the 37 from Frittata. I wonder if those have any value? Or is that extra 1 goal just too enticing to look past?

Frittata is good at what he does - kick goals. But that’s literally all that he offers. Which is fine, some has to do it. But he doesn’t hold a candle to Cameron, who is a far more multi-dimensional player.
I prefer Charlie Cameron. im just saying Fritsch kicks more goals. I'm a big Charlie Cameron fan.

2024 Charlie Cameron is one of the most cooked players I've ever seen. No idea what's going on with him but he fumbles any time he's near it and struggles to make the distance from shots 40m out.

Being better than 2024 Charlie Cameron is absolutely not a noteworthy achievement
he's moving fine though. lightning quick still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that makes no sense
huh? you said if Rayner was Brisbane's highest goal scorer then Brisbane would score a lot. That literally makes sense. Because Rayner is a 1 goal a game scrub in any system, on any defender in any era. So if he is your highest goal scorer that means that Daniher, Cameron and Hipwood are doing next to nothing.

it's equivalent to me saying if Tholstrup was the dees highest goal scorer then we would kick a lot of goals. Literally makes no sense

In all honesty Brisbane fans would you take Gary Rohan with a No. 1 pick? I'm not being facetious. Genuine question.

Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back