Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to tell us what position he should play. You follow him closer than any of us??

Is he a forward and needs 50 goals? That is hard in a stacked forward line to do
Is he a mid/forward and needs 23 and 1.2 goals a game?
Is he a mid and needs 25+ (once again hard to do in a stacked midfield)

You were asking before but I am going to predict the rest of his season averages:

15.8 touches per game
1.3 goals per game
Plus high levels of tackling, score involvements

That would be a great effort and a top 100 player in the comp I think
That's probably the better way to put it. A pure average is hard to guess as he mixes between forward and mid so much. Without knowing the mix of roles you have to end up with somewhere between 10-20 disposals and 1-2 goals a game. But also showing that the high impact tackles, pressure moments, goal assists and score involvements are what really separates him from being average to very good in the role he plays

danster168 since apparently stats do matter for you despite your nonsense protests otherwise, I have provided an updated comparison below. Which player would you take, seeing as though stats are all that matter to you? Also note player on the left has 24 coaches votes, player on the right has zero.

View attachment 2057491

Any honest individual would take the player who’s averages:

• 5.3 more disposals
  • 4.7% greater disposal efficiency
  • 2.1 more tackles
  • 1.7 more inside 50’s
  • 2.6 more clearances
  • 42.7 more metre gained

… and is achieving all this in 9% less TOG! Wow!

Our friend Daniel, however, would prefer the player who averages:

• 0.8 more goals
  • 0.1 more bounces
  • 0.2 more frees against
  • 0.1 more contested marks

If I could be serious for a moment, Daniel, you can not in good conscience say the the player on the right is having a better year (or one anywhere near) the one on the left.

When you lie to others you lie to yourself. Please see reason.

Thank you DMac! The first guy that has ever actually put their neck out on the line. Immediate respect. Right or wrong, I tip my hat.

Cam is a forward imo. He has the physical traits to play midfield but just doesn't have the ball finding ability to play there.
I have put my numbers on the line
Can you say what averages he will have for the last 5 games this year?

danster168 which one of the below players would you take and consider the better player?

View attachment 2057707
Not enough information. I'd need to see stats over their whole career, know which position they play in, role in the team, age of the player etc. Like if the stats of the unknown player is a rookie in their first season, that has to be weighed in.

Not enough information. I'd need to see stats over their whole career, know which position they play in, role in the team, age of the player etc. Like if the stats of the unknown player is a rookie in their first season, that has to be weighed in.

Those are career stats Danny, pick one

which bit? I'll take the forward who is kicking 1.9 goals per game on the oppo's best defender over a guy who is getting cba's and getting only 14.6 touches a game. There is only 1 elite stat on that page. And that's 1.9.
1.9 elite for goals :D how many Colemans have been won with a goal total in the low 40's? Fritsch is shit mate you've really hitched your wagon to the wrong guy

1.9 elite for goals :D how many Colemans have been won with a goal total in the low 40's? Fritsch is shit mate you've really hitched your wagon to the wrong guy
LOL! now you're not elite if you don't win the Coleman? That's one of the dumbest things I've read since meteorics player ratings 🙄

haha his accolades speak for themselves. How many AA squads has Rayner made? How about 6 goals in a granny. Any Brisbane player done that? thought so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol. no-one knows Cam better than me. But where were you heading with it anyway as both stats were underwhelming :)

It's impressive that you have committed Cam 'MVP' Rayner's stats to memory. He must mean a lot to you.

How about all the Brisbane fans that have repeatedly wanted him dropped? Are we just choosing to forget that?

They are 'so-called' fans Danny. They're not fans of Cam 'MVP' Rayner like you and I are.

LOL! now you're not elite if you don't win the Coleman? That's one of the dumbest things I've read since meteorics player ratings 🙄

haha his accolades speak for themselves. How many AA squads has Rayner made? How about 6 goals in a granny. Any Brisbane player done that? thought so.
You don’t have to win the Coleman but would help the argument if you got within a reasonable amount of goals of one. The AFL website themselves have him as ‘above average’ for goals which feels about right. Elite is 2.5 goals + per game by the looks of things, reserved for actual top line forwards of which Fritsch is not

You don’t have to win the Coleman but would help the argument if you got within a reasonable amount of goals of one. The AFL website themselves have him as ‘above average’ for goals which feels about right. Elite is 2.5 goals + per game by the looks of things, reserved for actual top line forwards of which Fritsch is not
The guy isn't even a key forward. Show me how many non key forwards averaged that many. You don't make the AA squad twice in back to back years if you're not elite in that position. So Charlie Cameron has never averaged 2.5 goals in a season. So he's not elite? Well Fritsch has.

No shit.

Dddie McChins was telling everyone that they were going to be consecutive #1 picks for us - and the AFL believed him
That’s because that fat headed, arrogant, self serving, annoying slob is the biggest prick in football, never hated anyone in football more- can’t even watch the Olympics without his 4 chins making an appearance. Anyway probably wrong thread 😂

So when the ball is inside 50 he’s kicking goals and when he’s outside the F50 he’s one of the best 10 kicks in the comp

Another W for Cam ‘mvp’ Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back