Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

This is pretty amusing.

Only explanation is that some AA selectors read big footy and felt like wasting a spot in the 40 man squad to troll a random Big Footy poster.

Thats a pretty flipping stupid explanation though, so this is just all time twilight zone shit.

I have 3 close mates who follow the Lions, none of whom have ever looked at Big Footy - all three of them put a picture of Rayner in our group chat last night with variations of WTF - so I think even most Lions fans are a bit confused :cool:
We are more bemused. We have watched him all year. Sometimes brilliant other times non existent.

He was a top 3 AFL player over a 3 match stretch and a top 10 player over a 7-8 match stretch. Certainly his best is comparable to the very best in the business. No wonder he got into the squad this year.

"2024 AA squad member, MVP" Cam Rayner !!

With all these guys leaving Melbourne I assume nobody wants Fritsch?

Surely there's a team that could use someone capable of running back to the goal square quicker than anyone else to receive a handball and kick a goal

Nobody takes a better uncontested chest mark than Barely Avfritsch. His technique is flawless. danster168

He was a top 3 AFL player over a 3 match stretch and a top 10 player over a 7-8 match stretch. Certainly his best is comparable to the very best in the business. No wonder he got into the squad this year.

"2024 AA squad member, MVP" Cam Rayner !!
His stats are worse than Bolton's who people have said has had an awful year he nowhere near the AA team. the selectors were drunk putting him in the squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought that Josh Schache as a #2 pick who didn’t make it at 3 clubs would have been under a lot more scrutiny than a #1 pick that made AA squad at 24yo.

His stats are worse than Bolton's who people have said has had an awful year he nowhere near the AA team. the selectors were drunk putting him in the squad.

There's stats when you play for a finals team and stats when you play for a wooden spoon team. It's not the same.

"Rayner has kicked multiple goals in Brisbane's past five games, a stretch during which he has averaged 16.1 Player Ratings points, ranking him 17th in the AFL.

It's the best five-week stretch of his career.

Narrow that in to the past three wins over West Coast, Sydney and Gold Coast and Rayner is rated the third best player in the competition, averaging 20 disposals, six tackles and four clearances a game while adding six goals and assisting another five."

1725228023404.png

Last edited:
Said it once and I'll say it again . . . I have far more faith in young Lohmann stepping up against Carlton than Rayner.

Challenge accepted.
Get ready to celebrate with the great man in this finals series !

1725228106610.png

Said it once and I'll say it again . . . I have far more faith in young Lohmann stepping up against Carlton than Rayner.

That’s AA squad member cam ‘mvp’ Rayner to you

Not sure if there's some jokes in here or not.

Occasional moments/games here and there throughout the year. He had a purple patch for a month or so.

Then went back to ordinary.

Pretty normal year for any B-grade player.

Its not a bad call. Lohman has massively come on this year and has stood up clutch on quite a few occasions. He may not have the power of Rayner but his workrate is massive. They are starting to become a pretty dangerous half forward combo for the opposition - teams starting to realised you cant shut both down

Not sure if there's some jokes in here or not.

Occasional moments/games here and there throughout the year. He had a purple patch for a month or so.

Then went back to ordinary.

Pretty normal year for any B-grade player.

From round 10 - 3 goals against Richmond all the way to round 21 - 3 goals against St.Kilda, Rayner had consistent high quality output in terms of goals and game involvement (minus the game against Hawks).

He tapered off at the last 3 rounds but disposal wise he was still getting to 15/17/18 which is pretty high for Rayner's usual high half forward with burst midfield minutes player profile. If it was normal Rayner game, he would've dropped off to the single digit disposal game like the one vs Hawks, but he didn't which is a really good sign. If he had kicked the usual 1 or 2 goals in the last 3 rounds, that would've topped off a consistent season.

Even earlier in the season he had good games against Pies (Rd 3 player rating 12.2), Melbourne (Rd 5, player rating 16.4), Giants (Rd 7, player rating 14.3).

1725240040467.png

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back