Cam Spudderson

Remove this Banner Ad

He averaged 11 possies, 5 marks, 2 tackles and 1 goal a game in the two games he was given in rounds 6 and 8. Didn't he then win a medal in the VFL or something?

Tarrant, by contrast, kicked no goals in his first 4 games of 2012 but was still given more chances and the opportunity to settle into the team.

The reason Pedo was disenchanted at North was he wasn't getting a game ahead of blokes like Hansen & Tarrant, despite better form in that year (2012?) both at VFL/AFL level. I could totally understand why the club was putting games into Tarrant & Hansen. Pedo's best that year was as good as he was ever going to get. It was fair to say that both Tarrant and Hansen offered more upside. IMHO, Hansen has proved us right in the last couple of years. Tarran hasn't really, due to issues with both form and injury.

I for one am very happy that Pedersen is playing well for them and hope it continues. He was totally played out of position by Neeld and Roos has been fantastic for him (and many others).

I also agree that in 2012 the NM footy dept was right to put more games into Tarrant and Black - and it is a shame injuries have hampered their development

I for one am very happy that Pedersen is playing well for them and hope it continues. He was totally played out of position by Neeld and Roos has been fantastic for him (and many others).

I also agree that in 2012 the NM footy dept was right to put more games into Tarrant and Black - and it is a shame injuries have hampered their development
Of course you do. We wouldn't expect anything else from you Norfy.

He averaged 11 possies, 5 marks, 2 tackles and 1 goal a game in the two games he was given in rounds 6 and 8. Didn't he then win a medal in the VFL or something?

Tarrant, by contrast, kicked no goals in his first 4 games of 2012 but was still given more chances and the opportunity to settle into the team.
Those stats surprise me. I saw both games and he didn't appear to have that big an impact. I guess the rationale was to get more games into Tarrant as a longer term prospect.

Those stats surprise me. I saw both games and he didn't appear to have that big an impact. I guess the rationale was to get more games into Tarrant as a longer term prospect.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. During 2012 while Tarrant was given plenty of chances and Pedo languishing in the twos many Norf fans were calling for him to be played and were bewildered that after a good 2011 he seemed out of favour.

It's a bit unfair to recruit a player to whom you will never give serious opportunity and only keep them handy in case another player injures themselves. Especially if that players output is greater. Norf would have been better to recruit a speculative young forward.

Anyway, in hindsight, it seemed Scott erred.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Spudderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back