Cam Spudderson

Remove this Banner Ad

And still no comment on Chris Dawes being the best forward of the bunch by your own criteria Royals.

RObbie Tarrant. Lol. 39 games in 7 or 8 years on your list. And he has not been injured that whole time. He was a first round pick was he not?
Well TMB there is a very simple response. We've played in the first half of the season largely better teams. The normal thing about the better teams is that they have better defences. Your club has for the greater part of the season played pap and the lower end of the table and when you have played good teams have largely been exposed, your defence being the key part of your team.

Dawes has played 9 game, Petrie, Black etc have played more and against better teams.

To give you a racing analogy, Melbourne have been winning races at Swan Hill, NM have been winning races at Flemington.

Well TMB there is a very simple response. We've played in the first half of the season largely better teams. The normal thing about the better teams is that they have better defences. Your club has for the greater part of the season played pap and the lower end of the table and when you have played good teams have largely been exposed, your defence being the key part of your team.

Dawes has played 9 game, Petrie, Black etc have played more and against better teams.

To give you a racing analogy, Melbourne have been winning races at Swan Hill, NM have been winning races at Flemington.
You're just full of excuses, aren't you?

Anyway, Pedo has proved he can play his role and is much improved. If he were still at Norf he would also have been given the opportunity if you'd suffered the injuries we have in 2014. If Petrie (Clark) and Black (Hogan) were out for the year and Dawes (Tarrant) missed the first quarter of the season Norf would have thrown Hansen forward (Frawley) and given games to Pedo, Fitzy(Brown) and Gawn(Daw) and found Pedo the best and most versatile of an inexperienced bunch of B graders.

I just ran an experiment and have concluded a turnip is more stimulating conversation than you. At least it doesn't interrupt with idiotic comments. From now on, whenever you post, I'll defer to the turnip for a reply. Let's see who can win the battle of wits.
So that's a yes to only caring about individuals.

You're just full of excuses, aren't you?

Anyway, Pedo has proved he can play his role and is much improved. If he were still at Norf he would also have been given the opportunity if you'd suffered the injuries we have in 2014. If Petrie (Clark) and Black (Hogan) were out for the year and Dawes (Tarrant) missed the first quarter of the season Norf would have thrown Hansen forward (Frawley) and given games to Pedo, Fitzy(Brown) and Gawn(Daw) and found Pedo the best and most versatile of an inexperienced bunch of B graders.
TMB I want Melbourne to improve but in truth as other NM posters have pointed out, you've beaten noone and when you've played good sides you've been milned. As I say Melbourne are champion stallions at Swan Hill, NM race at Flemington.

He would not make our top 22, he does make your top 22 - that is the difference.....
So he's in the 18-22 bracket of players WE would choose? He's alot higher than that right now. I would venture a guess that almost all non-Norfies would find a spot for Pedersen in Norf's 22 when his competition is the likes of Black and Brown.

I've enjoyed this exercise of you trying to justify the unjustifiable. But don't worry, I'm sure you'd get rousing agreement on the fragile bubble existence that is the Norf board.

So that's a yes to only caring about individuals.
In the shitfest that we produced on Sunday, I did get a smile out of Vince getting a career high number of touches and being a clear BOG against your midfield that has been "up and coming" for what feels like a decade. You can call that a win if you like.

TMB I want Melbourne to improve but in truth as other NM posters have pointed out, you've beaten noone and when you've played good sides you've been milned. As I say Melbourne are champion stallions at Swan Hill, NM race at Flemington.
We haven't been smashed by the good teams Royals as we have in years past. We've done quite well against some. It takes time for a coach to implement his game play and we have a young core midfield with a few solid older players from other clubs which will take time to click. It doesn't happen overnight. Also, as I mentioned, if other teams had lost their three top forwards for the bulk of the year it would affect their results. Roos has had less than a year with the Dees Scott has had nearly 6?

We'll be alright. Roos has showed he is able to influence our playing group in a positive manner much faster than your coach has. In fact I'm yet to see Scott do much with the group except get games into them as a group and let them mature together. That doesn't take a genius and any progress you may have made is the natural maturation of players. Scott has shown he is a great match day tactician or that he is able to get the players up mentally for big games. I'd be far more worried about your own club if I were you.

So he's in the 18-22 bracket of players WE would choose? He's alot higher than that right now. I would venture a guess that almost all non-Norfies would find a spot for Pedersen in Norf's 22 when his competition is the likes of Black and Brown.

Thank you for finally admitting that your team has grasped its shitness. Most NM supporters would wish Pederson well but are happy enough with the way things are going.

As for Vince he played well, but did Melbourne win....

The turnip just bit it's tongue. Seems he is playing the "keep my mouth shut rather than prove I'm an idiot" game and you just lost.

Turnip - 1
NorthernLights - 0
jlaw-okay.gif

We haven't been smashed by the good teams Royals as we have in years past. We've done quite well against some. It takes time for a coach to implement his game play and we have a young core midfield with a few solid older players from other clubs which will take time to click. It doesn't happen overnight. Also, as I mentioned, if other teams had lost their three top forwards for the bulk of the year it would affect their results. Roos has had less than a year with the Dees Scott has had nearly 6?

We'll be alright. Roos has showed he is able to influence our playing group in a positive manner much faster than your coach has. In fact I'm yet to see Scott do much with the group except get games into them as a group and let them mature together. That doesn't take a genius and any progress you may have made is the natural maturation of players. Scott has shown he is a great match day tactician or that he is able to get the players up mentally for big games. I'd be far more worried about your own club if I were you.
I want your club to improve. I've said many times a healthy Melbourne is good for the AFL. I haven't seen it much but it is good for the AFL.

As for NM, we'll continue on our merry way. We'll get frustrated at the jeckyll and hyde stuff but Melbourne are in our rear vision mirror.

And I take you ignoring the point about the injuries to key forwards is you conceding Pedo would have had games at Norf if you'd suffered the same fate.
Don't assume anything. NM have had injuries this year too but I don't go on about that stuff because it is an excuse as all football clubs have injuries, some worse than others , but they usually even up ( unless of course you employ the Weapon).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you for finally admitting that your team has grasped its shitness. Most NM supporters would wish Pederson well but are happy enough with the way things are going.
The debate is not over whether or not Norf fans are or should be happy with the trade. It is about whether Pedersen would, right now, be in Norf's best 22.

Don't assume anything. NM have had injuries this year too but I don't go on about that stuff because it is an excuse as all football clubs have injuries, some worse than others , but they usually even up ( unless of course you employ the Weapon).
I wouldn't have to assume things if you bothered replying but you're very good at ignoring points you can't answer. You've happily ignored half my posts in this thread usually with some inane deflection.

SO, if Norf had Petrie, Black and Tarrant all out injured for the majority of the season and Pedo was still on your list would he get a go?

As for NM, we'll continue on our merry way. We'll get frustrated at the jeckyll and hyde stuff but Melbourne are in our rear vision mirror.
If I was a Norfy (god ****ing forbid), it would be more a case of concern than frustration.

You have the fourth oldest list and are ranked third for average games played. You are wedged in the middle of Sydney, Fremantle and Hawthorn, three sides that are travelling pretty damn well.

Basically, you should be peaking as of right now, but all I see is a side that is treading water. Your best player has been the same guy for going on how many years now? And generally when he doesn't play well, you're stuffed.

The debate is not over whether or not Norf fans are or should be happy with the trade. It is about whether Pedersen would, right now, be in Norf's best 22.
And I stand by what I said - no he wouldn't.

If I was a Norfy (god ******* forbid), it would be more a case of concern than frustration.

You have the fourth oldest list and are ranked third for average games played. You are wedged in the middle of Sydney, Fremantle and Hawthorn, three sides that are travelling pretty damn well.

Basically, you should be peaking as of right now, but all I see is a side that is treading water. Your best player has been the same guy for going on how many years now? And generally when he doesn't play well, you're stuffed.
People have been calling Geelong old for four years haven't they?

So in Pedo's first season at Norf (tarrants 5th) here is the stat comparison:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...52&type=A&fid1=P&fopt1=2011&fid2=P&fopt2=2011
Pedo a far better player. Dominant. Then he had a falling out with Brad Scott and barely got a game the next year and requested a trade. Many Norf fans in 2012 were calling for Pedo to get games and didn't know why Scott wouldn't play him after such a good 2011. Until it was revealed he had "an attitude problem".

If he was still on Norfs list he'd be their best forward this year.

If I was a Norfy (god ******* forbid), it would be more a case of concern than frustration.

Incorrect but that is a common perception amongst football people when it comes to the issue of games played and list age.

What you look at is the number of games played in total by the players on your team that actually plays- and not on your list. Last year before Dal Santo came, we were commonly below 2000 games per team but with Dal Santo coming we usually are about 2,300-2,500 games per team depending on the composition of the team.

For example on the weekend the Melbourne players had 1768 games between them and NM 2520. The numbers also suggest that a team with 2520 games will usually beat a team with 1768 games.

As for 30 year olds we had 4 playing, Harvey, Dal, Petrie and Firrito and the next oldest players were 28. Firrito and Petrie don't have much longer to go and Harvey and Dal a couple more seasons.

Realistically we lose 2 of those players and we get back to about 2000 games per team.

By way of comparison, Sydney though they're playing kids had just over 2,400 games played by their team on the weekend, Hawthorn 2,507 , Freo 2,603 , carlton 2,435 and Geelong 2,665.

So in Pedo's first season at Norf (tarrants 5th) here is the stat comparison:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...52&type=A&fid1=P&fopt1=2011&fid2=P&fopt2=2011
Pedo a far better player. Dominant. Then he had a falling out with Brad Scott and barely got a game the next year and requested a trade. Many Norf fans in 2012 were calling for Pedo to get games and didn't know why Scott wouldn't play him after such a good 2011. Until it was revealed he had "an attitude problem".

If he was still on Norfs list he'd be their best forward this year.
You're entitled to your view and I respect your view although I don't agree with it.

He's no Ben Brown or Majak Daw, that's for sure.

Getting a little bit ahead of yourself, royals. On what I've seen and what Pedo is producing, he would 100% be getting a game. You're one of the few norfies who isn't a complete turnip. Don't let me down now.
The reason Pedo was disenchanted at North was he wasn't getting a game ahead of blokes like Hansen & Tarrant, despite better form in that year (2012?) both at VFL/AFL level. I could totally understand why the club was putting games into Tarrant & Hansen. Pedo's best that year was as good as he was ever going to get. It was fair to say that both Tarrant and Hansen offered more upside. IMHO, Hansen has proved us right in the last couple of years. Tarran hasn't really, due to issues with both form and injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Spudderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back