Campbell brown - A true Legend

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors
This shouldn't come as a surprise to many but the AFL have deemed Campbell Brown worthy of a first round draft pick.

Now most of us already knew how good he was and how feared he was by opposition players and supporters alike, but it's great to see the AFL acknowledge his superior football skills and decide to compensate his beloved club adequately.

100106_croad246b.jpg

aafield.jpg

I think this was a sweetener by the AFL to make the signing of the first Victorian based player a little easier to swollow.

By this logic, Geelong will have the first 20 picks if Gazza goes

Hawks scored here no doubt. Browny's hardness at the footy cannot be questioned however he hasn't been the same as defender since the crackdown on hands in the back / chop the arms.

Browny struggled to find a position at the Hawks and was only in the best 22 each week because of his hardness.

Does anyone know where I can find the compenation picks clubs have been given for their loss of players so far?

The reason Brown was worth a 1st round pick

From the heraldsun
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...against-hawthorn/story-e6frf9jf-1225923792051

"Brown confirmed football's worst-kept secret, but the surprise was the late first-round pick Hawthorn received as compensation. Hawthorn believed it would be given a second-round selection, but the pick reflects the defender's sizeable three-year deal with Gold Coast"

Under the compo deal it's the size of the contract more than anything that determins the compo given

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No surprise. The bloke was an absolute star and would have walked into any club's defence.

You are allowed to stop deluding yourself, he's gone.

I'd rather have Aaron Henneman back at Essendon on a six year deal than have that loud mouth slapper poison our club.

He is the most embarrassing player to ever take the field. Ever.

An unskilled chest-beating epic sook pretender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back