Campbell Brown - Courage

Remove this Banner Ad

Nightwolf

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 25, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This bloke is one tough ********er....

Up there with the most fearless and courageous in the league.....

And to go up and almost take a mark after his shoulder was already buggered was inspirational stuff...

Campbell Brown represents everything that's good about our sport.

Two years ago he dislocated a shoulder doing the exact same thing he did today and stayed on to take a one-handed pack mark two minutes later.

Only a few weeks ago he played out the game with a cracked shoulder and threw himself into everything such that people wouldn't have even known he was injured.

Again today, he played on after getting smashed on a shoulder that has taken a severe amount of punishment in recent years. Not sure on the damage but given he was coming back from a month lay-off it's probably not great news.

Some players cry with lesser injuries.

and what all ur west coast players are so innocent? lmao.
cousins, gardnier what happened with them? got nothing against them both guns, but serioulsy u havin a go at brown is laughable.
didnt lynch speed away from cops when drunk? oh zing.

Cerpin Taxt said:
And crunching windows. Top bloke.
Despite being drunk, that actually was an accident.

As the above poster mentioned, if you're to judge players on off-field activities, you mustn't have a very high opinion of your captain's character (among others). Getting pushed by a mate into a 7/11 window is not very high on the scale of indiscretions.

That was a top mark. Brown has been very good this year. Surely a captaincy candidate if Vandenberg can get the job for his "hardness" :D

That mark was excellent. Thought he had a great game overall. He is definitely tough and that's what you want to see when you watch footy.

P.S. I don't really care what he does off field I mean who hasn't got drunk and done something stupid??

That one hander he took after getting crunched 2 years ago was only a one hander because he couldn't lift his other arm above his head.

Toughest player in the league by far, crap's all over "the Roo" how cowardly was his elbow in hodge, I reckon it was deliberate, but disguised very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCL said:
That one hander he took after getting crunched 2 years ago was only a one hander because he couldn't lift his other arm above his head.
Yep, it was one of the most courageous things i've seen in football. He was only 19 at the time too.

Toughest player in the league by far, crap's all over "the Roo" how cowardly was his elbow in hodge, I reckon it was deliberate, but disguised very well.

I like the Roo but I reckon the elbow was deliberate too. Hodge copped a couple in the head and a knee in the back during the course of the game. I reckon he was targetted once Mitchell went off but to his credit bounced up each time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Campbell Brown - Courage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back