Campbell or Murphy?

Remove this Banner Ad

sombrero.jpg

:D

Touche. :thumbsu:

I was talking to Mr I.P. at the footy yesterday and he told me that pic is your screensaver!

Hehe Medders is hitting true form though, what one goal, maybe none in the last 4 weeks. Tarrant certainly works a lot harder for Freo than Medders did in his last two seasons. Poor boy wanted to be an Eagle.

He just needed to be dropped to find form and some discipline. Then when Connolly in his wisdom finally dropped him, he was traded out when his trade value was at an all time low instead of being given one last chance to prove at Fremantle that he had improved.

Have watched both teams in all games this year and listened to the arguments from both sides

Most say Medhurst has been fantastic and is a potential AA and Taz has been poor but when you compare stats well :confused:

Taz 27yr
Medhurst 26yr

2008 Games
Taz 16
Medhurst 20

Kicks Per Game
Taz 9.1

Medhurst 12.8

Handballs Per Game
Taz 4.2

Medhurst 2.6

Disposals Per Game
Taz 13.4

Medhurst 15.5

Marks Per Game
Taz 6.1

Medhurst 7.6

Goals Per Game
Taz 1.4

Medhurst 2.4

Behinds Per Game
Taz 0.9

Medhurst 1.0

Tackles Per Game
Taz 2.1

Medhurst 2.2

Hitouts Per Game
Taz 0.1

Medhurst 0

Inside 50s Per Game
Taz 3.8

Medhurst 4.1

Goal Assists Per Game
Taz 0.9

Medhurst 0.8

Goals Contributed Per Game
Taz 2.3

Medhurst 3.1

Frees For Per Game
Taz 1.0

Medhurst 1.0

Frees Against Per Game
Taz 0.9

Medhurst 1.2

Collingwood sit in the final eight and have won more games and Medhurst has often had a run in the midfield and on the ball

If you compare the stats of T Cloke and Taz it's even more interesting

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=9&pid1=180&tid2=5&pid2=1521

Its what you do with the ball that counts... for the post above.

Dom i get what your saying but i never said trade Tarrant back to victoria... At the end of the day, find me a team who pay a guy to miss goals all the time... We will never win a flag unless we have dangerous and reliable forwards, tarrant is neither anymore. Moving up the ground all the time just means we become more reliant on Pav in the 50

Its what you do with the ball that counts... for the post above.

Dom i get what your saying but i never said trade Tarrant back to victoria... At the end of the day, find me a team who pay a guy to miss goals all the time... We will never win a flag unless we have dangerous and reliable forwards, tarrant is neither anymore. Moving up the ground all the time just means we become more reliant on Pav in the 50

He hasn't been that inaccurate? :confused: Sure he hasn't had a lot of shots but to bag him for "missing goals all the time" is simply ridiculous. If only 6-7 other players in our team worked as hard as Taz. That would give us even more chance to win a flag.

He hasn't been that inaccurate? :confused: Sure he hasn't had a lot of shots but to bag him for "missing goals all the time" is simply ridiculous. If only 6-7 other players in our team worked as hard as Taz. That would give us even more chance to win a flag.

The Taz bagging and the Dodd bagging (on the other thread) is ridiculous. Too many supporters want these players to be what they are not. It's the same reason Des gets bagged.

The Taz bagging and the Dodd bagging (on the other thread) is ridiculous. Too many supporters want these players to be what they are not. It's the same reason Des gets bagged.

When you trade a top ten pick + a quality player for someone expectations are always going to be high. After seeing the pressure and external expectations placed on Croad and Headland Connolly and Schwab still went after Tarrant because they're arrogant pricks.

Don't mind bagging if it's justified. Tarrant hasn't had the best year but would easily be in our top 3rd for goalkicking accuracy, 23.14 which is ahead of Mayney, Elvis, Murph, Crowls, Mundy, Wiz, Rhys, 211, Ibbo, Solly and the list goes on. He's one of the hardest workers in the team, top 4 for marks, top 3 for inside 50's... all in a year interrupted with injury. It's like Freo supporters are starting to believe all the anti-Taz stuff put up by Collingwood and eagles supporters.

As a West Perth fan I have always been a massive fan of Campbell and to be honest have hated Ryan Murphy and the amount of chances he has had. Campbell will always bust a gut for the team and while he might not be as skilled he makes up for it in heart. Murphy has more talent but probably the smallest heart in football, would not be unhappy if we simply delisted him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you trade a top ten pick + a quality player for someone expectations are always going to be high. After seeing the pressure and external expectations placed on Croad and Headland Connolly and Schwab still went after Tarrant because they're arrogant pricks.

The point is though that he's never been a great kick at goal and he's never been a big goal kicker. I don't understand why so many people thought that that was going to suddenly change when he put on a purple jumper?

I'm not interested in what he cost or whether it was a good trade - that's got nothing to do with him, it's Schwab and Connolly. Judge them on that, not Tarrant.

The point is though that he's never been a great kick at goal and he's never been a big goal kicker. I don't understand why so many people thought that that was going to suddenly change when he put on a purple jumper?

I'm not interested in what he cost or whether it was a good trade - that's got nothing to do with him, it's Schwab and Connolly. Judge them on that, not Tarrant.

He has gone from being the focal point and taking the best defender to playing on the 2nd and at times 3rd best defender. An average of two goals a game with the odd bag of 4 or 5 is a fair expectation IMO.

He has gone from being the focal point and taking the best defender to playing on the 2nd and at times 3rd best defender. An average of two goals a game with the odd bag of 4 or 5 is a fair expectation IMO.

I would have thought Rocca was a fair focal point for Collingwood in Tarrant's time?

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm relatively happy with what Tarrant has delivered in the last two seasons. The two that this thread is about are a whole other story though. :(

At Collingwood he played much deeper to goal and barely put up those type of numbers, why would he do it now playing further up the ground?

I would have thought Rocca was a fair focal point for Collingwood in Tarrant's time?

When Taz arrived Pav said that they usually played on the same defender at each respective club, so assuming the best defender always takes Pav that would mean that the best defender was also playing on Tarrant when he was at Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Campbell or Murphy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back