Can anything be done about Bruce?

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still far better than the fat-man Brian Taylor. Channel 7 need a complete change of commentators (bar Cometti).
Brian Taylor is super ****en fat.

Just wondering. Obviously I didn't enjoy my afternoon today, but thought I'd just pop onto afl.com.au and check the highlights, and it's even worse than just losing, when you have to listen to that cnut. Does anyone have the impression that Channel 7 actually think he's a good commentator, even though as far as I can tell, every self-respecting footy fan just wants the guy to SHUT THE GODDAM FCKEN HELL UP. Christ. What an utter c*cksucker. And on top of that, because he's the voice-over, generations to come will have to suffer too. The fck. Please 7 for love of god.
Seriously haven't listened to him in years.
Always just mute the broadcast pick a radio call that I like pause the game till they sync and enjoy the game

He's still far better than the fat-man Brian Taylor. Channel 7 need a complete change of commentators (bar Cometti).

Different callers, but both of them equally frustrate the audience. But you're right, channel 7 do need a clean out at years end.
They should throw as much money they can at Huddo. Far and away the best AFL caller right now.
Huddo and Dennis Friday night would be actually watchable.
Maybe they could go after Mat Granland off SEN also, don't mind him calling the footy. Not sure how he'd present on TV though.

Yep, Channel 7 are ruining footy with the commentary teams they have. Just call the game. I don't need nicknames, I don't need comments on players hair, or listening to Bruce fawn over a players legs, I just want the footy called properly, accurately and with enough life and enthusiasm to enhance the game, not detract.

Squeezie!?

Give me strength.

The man also has no awareness of what's actually going on, it's like watching a movie with an elderly grandparent constantly asking who is who. Today a shot at goal was quite clearly touched on the way through and the goal umpire signalled as such. Bruce, sounding bewildered, starts asking his carers if the ball hit the post.

I don't watch footy so I can be frustrated at the lack of awareness and calling ability of the commentators. It distracts from the game.

Thankfully the AFL app lets me find a more enjoyable radio team to listen to.

Shits me to tears. But what shits me more is Ling and Harley. FFS - they should never be allowed near a microphone when Geelong are playing.
Meanwhile Dermott "Geelong are playing at their limit and Hawthorn will find another gear as the game goes on" Brereton and Leigh "Let's ignore the footage of Roughead hitting someone in the head off the ball" Matthews are allowed to call Hawthorn games.

No-one with a club affiliation should commentate on their club's games. It's utterly unprofessional.

As for Bruce, he's a disgrace and getting into Brian Taylor territory in terms of how unappealing it is to watch footy when he's commentating.

I seriously do question how Channel 7 can think that he and Taylor have the necessary appeal, intelligence and liguistic skills to be the frontline commentators for a sport with media rights worth a billion f***ing dollars.

My theory is that they are trying to ruin the network for tax reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squeezie!?

Give me strength.

The man also has no awareness of what's actually going on, it's like watching a movie with an elderly grandparent constantly asking who is who. Today a shot at goal was quite clearly touched on the way through and the goal umpire signalled as such. Bruce, sounding bewildered, starts asking his carers if the ball hit the post.

I don't watch footy so I can be frustrated at the lack of awareness and calling ability of the commentators. It distracts from the game.

Thankfully the AFL app lets me find a more enjoyable radio team to listen to.
He literally commentates what he wants to happen, not what is actually happening. How many times do we have to hear him orgasmically scream about something (goal, Rioli doing some crap, take your pick) only to realise too late that this thing only happened in his fantasy world and not the real world.

Different callers, but both of them equally frustrate the audience. But you're right, channel 7 do need a clean out at years end.
They should throw as much money they can at Huddo. Far and away the best AFL caller right now.
Huddo and Dennis Friday night would be actually watchable.
Maybe they could go after Mat Granland off SEN also, don't mind him calling the footy. Not sure how he'd present on TV though.
This - they need to pay good money to lure some actual commentators away from radio or Foxtel.

Basically people who are able to watch a game of football and describe what is happening in a calm, interesting way without making more than one error every 5 minutes. Surely this is not too much to ask.

bruce blowing his load over cyril from a couple weeks ago
Was about to mention this - does anyone else wonder whether this was actually intended to be a sort of 'joke' call? Like, he's aware of the jokes about his Cyril love and pre-scripted something this ridiculous?

Either way, surely a low point of Australian sport commentary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anything be done about Bruce?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back