Senior List
Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
western bulldogs
They have got Voss, Buckley and Hird,
what about our Granty ?

He has as much (or as little) qualifications as Hird - champion player, inspiring, super smart special comments man.

Why not?

Grant as senior coach, Leon Cameron, Libba and Monty as deputies and Terry Wheeler (AIS coach) as director of coaching.

Love Rocket, but this is mouth-watering.

I seem to recall Grant dismissing any future regarding coaching only a few seasons back. I don't think he has the desire or the personality required for coaching. You need a fair dollop of confidence, act ruthlessly and present with confidence. Is this our Granty ?

BTW: Hird has only just been announced, Buckley hasn't started yet, and Voss seems to be in more poop than a Werribee duck, so whilst it may be a "trend", it certainly is unproven. Great players do not necessarily make great coaches.... yes... I remember Royce Hart!!

hooroo....

hooroo....

Voss has been a disaster...

Think Tony Shaw and Tim Watson. I'm not sold on high profile players just waltzing in and becoming head coaches without a proper apprentiship at the very least. Collingwood seem to be going about it the right way.

Just get Scott West, I think he would make a good coach.

When Rockets contract ends Scotty should have done enough of an apprenticeship at Melbourne.

It's too bigger risk to just plonk a coach in like Grant with no experience. We can't afford to do what Essendon are doing with Hird either eg. getting former coaches to help him.

If Granty wanted to coach, I think he will do an apprenticeship. He's a very sensible man. Not someone who strikes me as a man who would go down the Voss/Hird route.

Jesus you blokes he only finished a year with a dozen games under his belt , I don't think he's finished yet, I reckon he's got another 200 games in him. Maybe in 2020, that unless the Ward kiddie interested in the Job :)

He has as much (or as little) qualifications as Hird - champion player, inspiring, super smart special comments man.

Why not?

Grant as senior coach, Leon Cameron, Libba and Monty as deputies and Terry Wheeler (AIS coach) as director of coaching.

Love Rocket, but this is mouth-watering.

Love all those blokes, all brought a lot of individual success to the club, but not exactly the premiership winning culture and tenacity we require (and before I get jumped on I know monty won one at port)......

just food for thought

Don't think Grant has the massive ego where he would go straight in somewhere as a senior coach like Voss / Hird

Does Voss have a massive ego? I always thought he was pretty down to earth. Just exceptionally slow in the head.

Jesus you blokes he only finished a year with a dozen games under his belt , I don't think he's finished yet, I reckon he's got another 200 games in him. Maybe in 2020, that unless the Ward kiddie interested in the Job :)

Haha:thumbsu:

I seem to recall Grant dismissing any future regarding coaching only a few seasons back. I don't think he has the desire or the personality required for coaching. You need a fair dollop of confidence, act ruthlessly and present with confidence. Is this our Granty ?

BTW: Hird has only just been announced, Buckley hasn't started yet, and Voss seems to be in more poop than a Werribee duck, so whilst it may be a "trend", it certainly is unproven. Great players do not necessarily make great coaches.... yes... I remember Royce Hart!!

hooroo....

hooroo....

Francis Bourke!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Grant coach ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back