Can someone please explain Toasties to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Battered Sav has no stick, typical Victorians. How you meant to pick it up when it’s hot ?

Pluto Pup is the gold standard, bigger sausage if you know what I mean and a thicker batter.

Dagwood Dog is a poor man’s Pluto Pup, served mainly at that random public holiday they have called the ekka or something.

Battered Sav has no stick, typical Victorians. How you meant to pick it up when it’s hot ?

Pluto Pup is the gold standard, bigger sausage if you know what I mean and a thicker batter.

Dagwood Dog is a poor man’s Pluto Pup, served mainly at that random public holiday they have called the ekka or something.
This is the way.

Dagwood Dog is a poor man’s Pluto Pup, served mainly at that random public holiday they have called the ekka or something
A battered sav is a savaloy (a type of sausage) that’s been battered

Vic all my 105 years and never eaten one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One cannot possibly go to the Easter Show (or any other show staffed by carnies) without availing oneself of a Pluto Pup.

Pictures!!!
First off, I want to say the combination itself is a banger.
The sweetness of the lap cheong mixed with the sour of the Chinese pickled vegetables and fried egg is outstanding.

Things I'd do differently:
Tripple the amount of pickled vegetables - I hadn't used this brand before so went a little bit easy on it,,,no more!
Use Sourdough bread. All I had was Turkish and while it was pretty ruddy good I reckon with the sourdough it could have gone next level.

Things I did:
Cooked everything in one pan. Started off with the lap cheong, emptied the pan & threw in the Chinese pickled vegies - emptied that and then fried the egg. There was so much good stuff left over the egg was practically swimming in these different flavours. Oof. Delicious.

lap cheong toastie.jpg

Can someone please explain Toasties to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back