Can we make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack

Rookie
May 25, 2005
Other Teams
Carlton
This might sound dumb about us making the 8, but i think we r a chance. Come to think about it if the club starts to believe in our selves then we have a chance for the 8 :cool: :cool:

Jack said:
This might sound dumb about us making the 8, but i think we r a chance. Come to think about it if the club starts to believe in our selves then we have a chance for the 8 :cool: :cool:
Seeing that your only 15 posts into your Bigfooty career i will go easy on you but for what its worth NO CARLTON WILL NOT MAKE THE 8

Jack said:

I don't believe Carlton will make the 8 but I'll humour you ... tell me how it will work, who do we have to beat, how and where?

Thanx shiva25 just wanted to get an idea of were we r at next time i will not post like that. :D :(

Jack said:

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

YER SURE:rolleyes:

just because i believe we can do it doesn't mean u can laugh about it go the might blue boys :cool: :cool:

Jack said:

Jack get off those drugs!!!!

To make the 8, we would have to win 9 or 10 out of 11 and on present form we will be lucky to win anymore than 2 or 3 games.

We would need to be real optimistic and turn our form around to Wizard Cup standard but we do have an easy-ish run home with our last game away from Melbourne v the Eagles in a few weeks.

v BL @ TD Prob loss/Maybe
v WB @ Marrara Maybe
BREAK
v WCE @ Subi Loss
v StK @ TD Prob loss/maybe
v Frem@ MCG Win/maybe
v Haw @ MCG Win/maybe
vRich @ TD maybe/win
v PA @ MCG maybe/win
v Coll @ MCG WIN
vEss @ MCG WIN
v NM @ TD maybe/win

If we can split our next 4 (Bris, WB, WCE, StK) taking us to 4 10 1 with those 7 games to go you never know. If we hit form (like Wiz Cup) we could win 6 of the 7 and sneak in....

Now don't bag me cause i think this is very unlikely but it is still a very outside chance at this stage...
We would need a massive form turn around.
Realistically we will prob win maybe 4 or 5 more games.

I much prefer Jack's post than some of the posts of late from other Carlton supporters.

It makes me angry reading all the 'lets lose to get draft picks so we can be premiers in 5 years' sort of posts.

Surely we are supporters because we love the game and love to see Carlton play and play well. It is great to get premierships but isn't the week in week out footy important aswell?

I believe that our supporters should start living in the moment and concentrate on the process and not look forward for the ultimate result. This is the sort of thinking that has created the flooding tactic and is also responsible for the way Carlton is playing at the moment.

The side has given up on just playing in the moment and enjoying their footy. They are playing and thinking like sub standard footballers and along with the coach are just trying to survive the season. Sounds like many of our supporters just want to get through this year and probably the next 4 after that.

To me it sounds like Denis has not only polluted the players minds but has also brainwashed the supporters.

To Jack keep on being positive and don't be scared to have your opinions and imagination.

pumped said:
I much prefer Jack's post than some of the posts of late from other Carlton supporters.

It makes me angry reading all the 'lets lose to get draft picks so we can be premiers in 5 years' sort of posts.

Surely we are supporters because we love the game and love to see Carlton play and play well. It is great to get premierships but isn't the week in week out footy important aswell?

I believe that our supporters should start living in the moment and concentrate on the process and not look forward for the ultimate result. This is the sort of thinking that has created the flooding tactic and is also responsible for the way Carlton is playing at the moment.

The side has given up on just playing in the moment and enjoying their footy. They are playing and thinking like sub standard footballers and along with the coach are just trying to survive the season. Sounds like many of our supporters just want to get through this year and probably the next 4 after that.

To me it sounds like Denis has not only polluted the players minds but has also brainwashed the supporters.

To Jack keep on being positive and don't be scared to have your opinions and imagination.

I think you make a good point. If we get the priority picks then OK but it shouldn't be something that you actually aim for.

I still think that we will finish last (although I really hope we don't) but the pies have shown that form can be turned around quickly and confidence breeds more confidence.
There were some positive signs from the past two games and maybe it will all come together soon. If you live in Melbourne, keep going to the games - when we finally win another one, it'll be great to sing the song again. In a perverse way, not expecting a win makes it even sweeter. Having said that, every win in 1995 was pretty sweet too.

I'm not prepared to bag Pagan because he will be around for a few more years and don't forget if he is responsible for the game plan now then he was also responsible for the Wizard Cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack said:
More than dumb!!!
You are only in the MIX because you will have a spoon with which to stir the Carlscum quagmire.

2 weeks ago I thought we could make the 8, we were only three games out.

But we had to beat Adelaide, we didn't and I said our season was over.

However, I gave us a second chance against Sydney... I said if we won, we have a chance on making the top 8.

David Teague kicks a blinding goal with a second left in the 3rd quarter and I though holly mother ********er here we go, go you good thing go! I got excited.

Then we lost.

No more chances. Our season is over. There is no point winning 6 - 8 games. We will be in the middle of no where.

(Deep down I hope we pull something out of our ass)

It is great to get premierships but isn't the week in week out footy important aswell
Hey pumped the point is noone is enjoying the week to week game because we have been getting PUMPED for so long. Its just that its no longer by 100 points a game. I want to see us win and that may take one step back two step forwards. When we win the flag, and we will quite soon, it naturally means we have to have a good season proper, ya big dope.
And if that 8 year old from collingwood wants to post in here keep the sperm remarks for where they belong the collingwood forum.
And as for making the 8 you are kidding me. Teams see us as a walk over, thats the only reason we are getting close in the 3rd or 4th term. The see us comming back a squeeze the throttle, see ya blues. WE ARE POX !!!!!
Here is the end of season for you......

v BL @ TD WIN (Just)
v WB @ Marrara LOSS
BREAK
v WCE @ Subi LOSS
v StK @ TD Prob LOSS
v Frem@ MCG LOSS
v Haw @ MCG LOSS
vRich @ TD LOSS
v PA @ MCG LOSS
v Coll @ MCG WIN/maybe
vEss @ MCG LOSS
v NM @ TD LOSS

Thats it, thats the rest of the season, no eight, no week in week out malaka, just two more wins for the season.

ILoveYelling said:
More than dumb!!!
You are only in the MIX because you will have a spoon with which to stir the Carlscum quagmire.
You idiots come in here along with Essendon supporters ,carrying on like you have the flag in the bag!
When the wheels fall off.....and they will,it's "The Filth" we're talking about here....I'll be sure to send you a reminder notice!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back