Can we obsess over Martin now?

Remove this Banner Ad

*BUMP*

Apparently on the Channel 7 Pre-Game Dusty's dad has told Ralph Carr to hurry up and sort out Dusty's RFC deal :thumbsu:

After what Barrett said on Thursday I can haphazard a guess as to the situation;

1. The snake manager has asked for 650k (since then he's come down to 600k)
2. Club has offered 520k, citing Martin's last deal being inflated.
3. No other clubs value Dusty at what RC is according to Barrett, market value is what we've offered(I'd be a little more concerned if other clubs were planning large offers)
4. With the lack of other offers to leverage his bargaining positions, he knows Dusty isnt worth what he's asking, so his throwing his toys out of the cot, digging his heels into the ground and just dragging it out in the hope the club cave and bump up the offer for the sake of having this removed as a distraction.

5. Dusty's dad knows what a fuc**it RC is being and is telling him to just sign the damn contract. His dad obviously realises how good we've been for his son.

I've heard someone on this board once say they've spoken to dustys dad at a training session a couple of seasons ago and despite the scary look, hes apparently a good bloke and is very grateful to the club, is big on honour and is very tough on dusty and said that he was extremely grateful to the club for being supportive and that his best mates are all his teammates.

I'm not at all worried.

*BUMP*

Apparently on the Channel 7 Pre-Game Dusty's dad has told Ralph Carr to hurry up and sort out Dusty's RFC deal :thumbsu:

After what Barrett said on Thursday I can haphazard a guess as to the situation;

3. No other clubs value Dusty at what RC is according to Barrett, market value is what we've offered(I'd be a little more concerned if other clubs were planning large offers)
4. With the lack of other offers to leverage his bargaining positions, he knows Dusty isnt worth what he's asking, so his throwing his toys out of the cot, digging his heels into the ground and just dragging it out in the hope the club cave and bump up the offer for the sake of having this removed as a distraction.

5. Dusty's dad knows what a fuc**it RC is being and is telling him to just sign the damn contract. His dad obviously realises how good we've been for his son.

I've heard someone on this board once say they've spoken to dustys dad at a training session a couple of seasons ago and despite the scary look, hes apparently a good bloke and is very grateful to the club, is big on honour and is very tough on dusty and said that he was extremely grateful to the club for being supportive and that his best mates are all his teammates.

I'm not at all worried.

Awsome, this is the kind of thing i like to hear!!!!!!

Would be nice if that was true! ... I do remember hearing his dad say something similar with his last contract

Another good example was on The Sunday Footy show. Jake King had a one on one interview with Nathan Brown and spoke about how he's taken Dusty under his wing as a mentor, and how he speaks from experience (having also grown up in a pretty rough area, doing it tough as a teenager then coming into the AFL system) to give guidance to Dusty and someone he can relate to.

Interesting part wash Kingy mentioned Shane (Dustys dad) keeps in regular contact with Jake to see how dusty is going, and to talk about any concerns he may have and to basically ask Jake to make sure he's doing ok.

Really good leadership and gives a great insight into the culture at the club. I have no doubt these drawn out negotiations are because of his dickhead of a manager and I think it'll only be a matter of time before he (dusty/Shane) tell him to get over himself and just sign what's in front of them.

Really proud to be a Richmond supporter, shit we've come a long way.

I notice that besides Cloke and Martin, Mcguane and Jackson are also clients of this Ralph Carr, and no one else of any real note. I really hope if we get we can get Dusty signed we can get these boys together and convince them to have a look at the market and get this manager/parasite as far away from our players as possible.

The Cloke saga was one of the key factors that derailed the pies last year. I don't want this scum bag still lurking about when we're a real tilt at a flag. He doesn't seem to give two ****s about the clubs or the long term futures of the players involved.

Hopefully Kingy, Dan Richardson, and the rest of the leadership group can convince them to get better management who are going to make sure they're paid what there worth with out jeopardising the club's future premiership chances or turning the supporters and their team mates against them.

I feel like a dog with a bone, any bit of info that points to dusty staying gets me firm ;)

Just saw Dusty and Cotch walk into the Moonee Ponds woolies to do their grocery shopping together, a lot of love between those 2, dusty clear looks up to Cotch like an older brother.

Dusty is a scary unit in the flesh, an absolute monster of a human being.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson was emphatic on gameday , dusty will sign on the dotted line.
Hardly going to come out and say to the contrary is he.

Kid is a flight risk I reckon, if he doesn't like the deal then send him to GWS for some compo :thumbsu:

If his heart bled yellow & black he wouldn't be haggling so much, good teams take one for each other to make sure the team stays together and the future stays on track.

As each week rolls on this reminds me more and more of Raines interview on the lost years where he reckoned he was worth this based on what he had done. If Raines & co had stayed then who knows what may have happened, ditto for dusty :thumbsu:

I feel like a dog with a bone, any bit of info that points to dusty staying gets me firm ;)

Just saw Dusty and Cotch walk into the Moonee Ponds woolies to do their grocery shopping together, a lot of love between those 2, dusty clear looks up to Cotch like an older brother.

Dusty is a scary unit in the flesh, an absolute monster of a human being.
You couldn't get to more different guys then those 2, Cotchin clean cut Mr Perfect that every mother wants her daughter to bring home, Dusty the big unit covered in Tatts:D
Good to see that though, I have very little concern with him leaving.

*BUMP*

I'm not at all worried.

I believe that Ralph is a Carltank supporter, say no more...

Hardly going to come out and say to the contrary is he.

Kid is a flight risk I reckon, if he doesn't like the deal then send him to GWS for some compo :thumbsu:

If his heart bled yellow & black he wouldn't be haggling so much, good teams take one for each other to make sure the team stays together and the future stays on track.

As each week rolls on this reminds me more and more of Raines interview on the lost years where he reckoned he was worth this based on what he had done. If Raines & co had stayed then who knows what may have happened, ditto for dusty :thumbsu:

pretty obvious martins management and the rfc will meet about half way and dustin will be very well paid and provide the tiges with several years of top notch service over the years for us, may even collect a normie and/or a charlie on the way as well as a jack or 2:thumbsu:

Just something more for you guys on Dusty, honestly I hope he stays with you guys, I wouldn't want the Saints shelling out that much salary cap on him despite my man love for the guy and how good he would be for us ;)

Brett Anderson@BrettAndersonIF 2h
Not so fast Caro. One club will pay Dusty $600k plus, offer may even be on the table...ball in Tigers court. #footyclassified

Just something more for you guys on Dusty, honestly I hope he stays with you guys, I wouldn't want the Saints shelling out that much salary cap on him despite my man love for the guy and how good he would be for us ;)

Not so fast Caro. One club will pay Dusty $600k plus, offer may even be on the table...ball in Tigers court. #footyclassified

Caro is spot on. Brett Anderson probably getting his info from Ralph Carr.

Caro is spot on. Brett Anderson probably getting his info from Ralph Carr.

What did caro actually say? Sorry I'm away so I missed it

What did caro actually say? Sorry I'm away so I missed it

Basically that last time Martin re-signed, right around the time of GWS's recruiting powers, Ricky Nixon was filtering stories to the media that GWS were making a huge play for him and that a massive contract was on the table to force RFC to inflate the contract we offered him.

Caro said it was bullshit and since then GWS have confirmed that they never made an offer to Dusty that it was just Ricky Nixon blowing smoke. Suspect it'll be a similar situation this time with this Brett Anderson guy, who I've never heard of until just now.

If true, that sort of stuff from Player Managers really shits me...
The old, so-and-so is offering $600k plus so what is Richmond going to counter offer crap.

Reduces everything down to a purely commercial haggle over the cash.

There is a lot more to it than that like quality of life, support and mentoring, mateship, loyalty etc...

Player Managers are ONLY interested in padding out their own percentages.:cool:

best case scenario would be for him to sign then get a new Manager, he did the same last year to Pies/Cloke. it all could be Carr trying to get more $$$ for himself as opposed to dusty asking too much. the fact his dad has told Carr to just get the bloody thing signed means the Martin family are not happy with Dusty's manager as it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we obsess over Martin now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back