Can we obsess over Martin now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking to a younger Coburg player in my apartment gym last night. He reckons there are whispers of Martin entertaining a big offer from another club. That's all he said, but makes me apprehensive.

Speaking to a younger Coburg player in my apartment gym last night. He reckons there are whispers of Martin entertaining a big offer from another club. That's all he said, but makes me apprehensive.

Yeah it's a big probability that a young no name player either wants to feel important by talking as if he has privileged info on a star, or has heard chinese whispers (dusty and rumours are on fire).

For that to be the fact, then pretty much everyone would know said information. The key word, at the end of the day, is "entertaining" an offer, which Deledio did, Riewoldt did, Richo did, Campbell did, etc.

In other words, he has said nothing exclusive, just something that could be guessed by anyone and then it holds more weight than a poster because he has a distant string of connections to Dusty... Unless he said he spoke to Dusty and Dusty said he is most likely leaving, then it's nothing at all to feel apprehensive about.

A young Coburg player wouldn't know the details on a big story like this unless lots and lots of people knew (and sources would leak from everywhere). Most likely, he's received offers for more money at other clubs, and his manager is using them to get more money out of Richmond.

Yeah it's a big probability that a young no name player either wants to feel important by talking as if he has privileged info on a star, or has heard chinese whispers (dusty and rumours are on fire).

For that to be the fact, then pretty much everyone would know said information. The key word, at the end of the day, is "entertaining" an offer, which Deledio did, Riewoldt did, Richo did, Campbell did, etc.

In other words, he has said nothing exclusive, just something that could be guessed by anyone and then it holds more weight than a poster because he has a distant string of connections to Dusty... Unless he said he spoke to Dusty and Dusty said he is most likely leaving, then it's nothing at all to feel apprehensive about.

A young Coburg player wouldn't know the details on a big story like this unless lots and lots of people knew (and sources would leak from everywhere). Most likely, he's received offers for more money at other clubs, and his manager is using them to get more money out of Richmond.

Very well said, i rekon youre spot on. I can see Dusty having a ripper end to the year to prove his worth to the club, and we better pay up for him. Obviously dont want us going overboard, i still dont believe he wants to leave anyway, but we should refrain from being tight-arse's and at least negotiate fairly with the kid, he's a star and should be paid accordingly. Even if we do a 2 year deal for now and re-asses when he's mid-20's and we've seen what he can deliver consistently

I heard something about him putting contract talk off till the end of season but i haven't found any info on this, does anyone know anything? (Abolutely no proof of this as of yet only rumour with poor sources) just wanna make sure!

Someone on here has to know something!!

Based on everything I've read I reckon Dusty and his management are holding out for an offer slightly above what the tiges are currently offering, and that both parties are waiting to see what happens with other signings and what kind of money there is spare before the decision is made.

Reckon Conca and Grigg are the key ones in this process, once they sign, or not then Dusty will decide what to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same as Jack. Will be a Tiger. Just tidying up the loose ends. Interesting comment from Jack on SEN yesterday saying the Tigers were a bit behind the 8 ball with Dan Richardson starting at the start of the season and it therefore put us behind a bit.

Sorry tigertrain9 my reply or tagging won't work. I give you my word, but as I said, footy and his contract isn't a big talking point between us, last time we spoke, he was set on staying, although, dusty is sometimes a mysterious and secretive bloke. I'd be very very surprised if he was playing elsewhere next year after what has been said when we do chat about it. I might have some more info mid next week depending on what he tells me, I'm not going to interrogate him. I actually regret coming out on bigfooty and saying i'm mates with him tbh.

So either you haven't heard anything, or you heard bad news and don't want to share it :p

Martin is the only one of the players left unsigned that i'd hate to see running around in other colours. Grigg has been good for us but can be replaced, and as much promise as Conca has shown, he may never be a game breaker like Dusty is.

Dusty is the kind of player that could make us wonder "What if?" in 10 seasons time if he were to leave. He's got 30 and 5, norm smith written all over him.

Dusty was great today, but I'm a little worried.

He is never super emotional, though I've seen him tug the jumper after a goal maybe even less than a month ago.

But a big win, finals-bound, and during the song he look disinterested. He did have a few hugs during the game with teammates, a few smiles, but should we be worried by this? He was the only one not pouring everything into the song.

Dusty was great today, but I'm a little worried.

He is never super emotional, though I've seen him tug the jumper after a goal maybe even less than a month ago.

But a big win, finals-bound, and during the song he look disinterested. He did have a few hugs during the game with teammates, a few smiles, but should we be worried by this? He was the only one not pouring everything into the song.

He's always seemed to be a pretty quiet guy. Doesn't show much emotion at all. Don't worry he won't leave.

Sign him up, hes just to cool to be running in anything else other than yellow and black, imagine he does a don't argue on cotch one day would be the stuff nightmares are made of for myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we obsess over Martin now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back