Can you beat Judd's time?

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't think Judd ever won a time trial at WC. Interesting that there is nobody at Carlton quicker, I thought they had some quick mids.
Ryan Griffen and Shaun Higgins dead heated running around Princes Park today.

56 seconds slower than Judd.

Walker can be seen trailing Judd to the line at the finish by about 20 metres or thereabouts.
His time of 10m 33s was a fair way short of the record 9m 50s held by Adrian Gleeson, but the position was more important than what was showing on the clock.

Before it began the smart money was on Andrew Walker, the club's best runner. But as Judd explained, he wasn't interested in letting that happen on Monday.

"It was just good that we both ran pretty good times – 'Walks' got me in the other three running tests in the pre-season so far, but there were no cameras there, so I probably shouldn't have mentioned it," he said with a laugh.
Freakish effort when Walker has more muscle mass than Judd.

Amazing will power for Judd to pull that run out today.

I'm still surprised that Craig Bradley didn't hold the record at Carlton.

I hold the record at my school, I did 1.6k in 5.93 last year(year 8)

I'd be looking at around 13-14 minutes since I'll drop off later on(poor fitness)

Just as punctuation and spelling aren't your strong points???? Yes, but Judd would have been stuffed after 3.2 kms, whereas I had 6.8 kms to go. Big difference my friend ;-) Mathematics should always be combined with common sense! I also ran my 10km in the Blue Mtns which is pretty hilly :eek: :eek:

Of course Judd isn't a marathon runner and yes he is a great footballer. But people on here were claiming that only professional athletes could run a time equivalent to Judd's which is just plain wrong. There'd be hundreds and hundreds of blokes in the City 2 Surf that would beat him easily!

I'm wondering if that 10kms was a loop circuit because if it was then it makes no difference if it was hilly. Basically what goes up must come down and if you are traveling in a loop then you are going uphill the equal to the time you are going downhill which is the same as if you were spending the whole time on a flat course.

Anyway lets just chalk this up as another instance where maths proves common sense is just that, common and not right.

I didn't think Judd ever won a time trial at WC. Interesting that there is nobody at Carlton quicker, I thought they had some quick mids.

When did running a distance event become a good judge of how quick someone is??

I suppose if Craig Mottram beat Usain Bolt over 3.2 km (which would happen if they raced) that would make him quicker? :rolleyes:

It's a good time, but only for a footballer.

10 and a half minutes for a click over 3 k is really nothing special.

My old man was doing times like that in his 40's as a fun-runner - and doing them in training.

3 and a half minutes per k is nothing special kids.

Granted, he's a CHAMPION footballer.

But I could have knocked him off when I was 14 and today, in my late twenties with an impressive drinking record, a liking of Winfields and no training, I'd still come close. Very close.

Walker beat him 3 times previous to this.

Cant expect there to be much quicker though, he really did smash this run. only 40 seconds off the record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a good time, but only for a footballer.

10 and a half minutes for a click over 3 k is really nothing special.

My old man was doing times like that in his 40's as a fun-runner - and doing them in training.

3 and a half minutes per k is nothing special kids.

Granted, he's a CHAMPION footballer.

But I could have knocked him off when I was 14 and today, in my late twenties with an impressive drinking record, a liking of Winfields and no training, I'd still come close. Very close.

Yeah, bullshit.

Well I run a 3hr 15min marathon which is not quick but for the average athlete it isn't too bad.

Running just under/just over 3 min km's for anything longer than 3km's is pretty difficult.

I would not even get close to Judd's time. Too quick.

I wouldn't have got within 2 1/2 minutes of his time at my best. Don't care what a few "experts" say here, Judd was flying.

no but lachie hansen can with ease

He didnt....

Of the 3 clubs who ran around Princes Park yesterday (North, Dogs, Blues), Judd's time was fastest..

Not that running fast around Princes Park in November means much when the real season comes round. But then again, Judd is a gun player as well as a gun athlete...

One of my mates does atheltics and is state champion for doing long running of some sort. I wouldn't even get close to 3 km..let alone 3.2. I ran 3 laps of an oval and it took my like 9 minutes lol. :eek: That was in the school carnival.

Did 7.2 kms in 28 -29 mins when I was at my peak, on a perfectly surface for it (ran two laps of the melbourne cup course). We did not run those distances in pre-season back then.

All I did well was run.

My best would be a shade under 15 minutes. But I usually go a 4km run, which I'd do under 20 minutes. At 86 kilos that's not bad. - Perhaps for a professional athlete it's bad, but not for an office geek like me.

Just as punctuation and spelling aren't your strong points???? Yes, but Judd would have been stuffed after 3.2 kms, whereas I had 6.8 kms to go. Big difference my friend ;-) Mathematics should always be combined with common sense! I also ran my 10km in the Blue Mtns which is pretty hilly :eek: :eek:

Of course Judd isn't a marathon runner and yes he is a great footballer. But people on here were claiming that only professional athletes could run a time equivalent to Judd's which is just plain wrong. There'd be hundreds and hundreds of blokes in the City 2 Surf that would beat him easily!

But all you blokes dont have no where near the muscle mass that judd has to carry. You blokes run around with 70kg on you. Strap 20kg of muscle on you and see how fast u go?

I ran 3.2 with Carltons affiliate team last night around princess. Quickest time was 11:05 I ran 11:09. It makes alot of difference not running on the concrete as most the way you run on loose stone/gravel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you beat Judd's time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back