Can you beat Judd's time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Can you beat Judd's beep test?

Soccer player are generally better at beep tests due to less muscle mass.
As for afl stories i've heard that both crawford and cousins haverun out the beep test, neither of which i believe. But i do believe crawford reached 17 one year. Read it somewhere anyway?

Did one at footy training the other night. Got 10.5 :eek:

Used to get up to 13+ when I was 15 or 16 (a while ago) and training for rep footy and school athletics etc. But ever since I discovered beer I realised I don't like training :confused:

At school I just finish at 5 with my mate. Haha

One of my mates got 14 and he was 14.

What's your personal best? And what's the best ever?
And for the fitness freaks, can you beat Judd's 15.1 that he got in 2001 as an 18 year old draft hopeful?

I believe people can relate to this better as more people have completed a beep test in their lives compared to the princes park 3.2.

I was going to put it as "can you beat the best recorded afl beep test?" but that goes to Tom Rischbieth at 15.08. However, he's a random and there is an interest in Judd.

Ran a 14.6 last night, Fair effort for me considering I don't exactly look anything like a runner

Did 14.11 when i was 17 almost 6 years ago.. Haven't had a good go since but after a reasonable pre-season id be disappointed if i couldn't get into the mid to high 13s currently.

Yeh when your young to dont have to work as much to stay quite fit, as you get older it takes a lot more work to stay fit.

Everyone thinks that age magically makes you better? I remember when I was 14 (I wasn't get 14 on the beep test) but you just have more energy in general.

Like footy88 said, the older you get the harder it is to stay fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Can you beat Judd's time? ** MB Thread moved here**

Just got a 10.34, 3k and hilly.

Very happy, my PB by 20 seconds. Although was cooler and better conditions tonight.

I'm 16 years old, 60kgs, 172cm.

It simply didn't happen. Its impossible to get a 21. Even if it was, I highly doubt Beckham and Armstrong are the ones that did it - Beckham is a soccer player which doesn't really demand that much aerobic fitness when compared to AFL or marathon running, and Armstrong is a cyclist, which is a completely different type of fitness to long distance running.

Soccer doesn't demand much aerobic fitness!!!!!:confused:

Mate apart from the goalie,every player on the pitch is moving.In AFL only the on-ballers are doing the big k's.In soccer even the left back is doing 8-12 k a game!!

Anyone who posts on here saying that they have got anything over 15 is either:
a) blatantly lieing
b) an elite athlete (not many of them posting on BF I don't think)
c) the beep test they did was not undertaken with the correct protocols and stringent rules.
These urban legends of blokes doing 17's and 18's is absolute tripe!

One of the VAFA field umpires did a mid 18 last year, and he is an occasional BF poster personally known to me.

So scratch that one off your UL list.

bull....s...h...i...t
do you realise how quick the beeps are at 18...
i dare say if the bloke can run 20m in less than 4 seconds after 19 mins of the beep test...he WOULD not be an umpire....he'd be a freak runner or footballer

used to do tennis squads and did the beep test every three months, highest i got was 14 something (mighta been 7). my mate was the only person higher in that squad with a 15.3. however he did one two days before that in the 'senior' squad and got in the 16's somewhere but was beaten by some other guy who was an absolute machine.

bull....s...h...i...t
do you realise how quick the beeps are at 18...
i dare say if the bloke can run 20m in less than 4 seconds after 19 mins of the beep test...he WOULD not be an umpire....he'd be a freak runner or footballer

Spot on blues_king... absolutely no way known that this occured. Unless, as I mentioned, the test was done with 'flexible' rules and not to strict standards. And even then I find it hard to swallow.

And IF someone is getting a mid 18 beep test then they most certainly shouldn't/wouldn't be wasting their time umpiring in the Ammo's!

Not accusing you of lieing TigerNuts, but think you might have been fed one here. Just add it to the long list of mid 18 beep test 'urban legends' I alluded to earlier.

Saw the list up on the wall when invited up into the umps rooms one tribunal night. The guy did represent Australia in the last world triathlon champs, and cuts a fair time in the City to Surf, so I wouldn't be too quick to pour scorn. Will confirm with the party involved and get back to y'all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you beat Judd's time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back