foley4brownlow

Team Captain
Apr 2, 2008
hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
liverpool , cowboys,dallas (nba)
anyone heard anything or know anything as to wether we will be appointing a new skipper for next season or is kane going to continue the roll for another year

Keep Johnno captain. I dunno why he is abgged so much! I know stacks of crow supporters who wuld take him back anyday of the week - he's a typically Adelaide sort of player if you know what I mean. Heis all grit, no flair, but leads the way.

As for Vice, give it to Newman

As for the future earmark Foley, Deledio, and Cotchin

I think its a good time to change captian he may struggle for a game if the younger group come on don't want to end up with the next Richie you hold them i'll hit them Vandenberg.

Yeahh id give the old fella a crack hes a leader on the ground and off. He's a well respected person and everyone loves the bloke why not? Is a freak player, well respected and he's one of the most experianced players out there and hes probably only got a few years left in him so might as well. Richo for Capt 09!

What about Richo for a year?:thumbsu:

especially now he's pretty much all over the field.

I think Richo deserves better than just a token one year captaincy.

If anything it is a kick in the face imo.

He should have been appointed captain instead of K.J.

Now its too late.

I think Chris Newman should have a crack at it for 09

biggups for such a great original thread :thumbsu:
gee sorry mate i just wanted to know what the latest was. i love this club and am interested in all facets of the richmond footy club and just love hearing news about our mighty footy team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I love Richo last season, I don't know if his "head dropping" when things don't go his way is a good thing as a leader. Leave it for Sugar another year. He may not be the best player, but he's got a good solid attitude. Don't know what Lids is like as a leader. Been a few threads where people have been concerned about his toughness. Does he want the captain position?

Don't know what Lids is like as a leader. Been a few threads where people have been concerned about his toughness. Does he want the captain position?

Too quiet and insular SDM. Just goes about his business and likes to keep it that way.

A good example is how he was roped into the 'Matrix Tosser' sponsorship, then realised he was being cast as a showboat pelican in the media and very quickly went short, brown and anonymous.

Likes to stay in the background and let only his football do the talking - good on him.

I'd hoped Foley would kick on this year and demand the position, but in reality, he didn't manage that on the field, and Newman never has IMO.

I can really see Jacky Reiwoldt as an outstanding future captain with all the key attributes, but he's not close yet, and to be honest, I couldn't care less who holds the position in the meantime.

The plausible candidates render the question irrelevant IMO...even thinking about it is like spending half an hour in the supermarket aisle trying to discern which powdered no-name brand soup is less likely to disturb you after the fact.

I can really see Jacky Reiwoldt as an outstanding future captain with all the key attributes, but he's not close yet, and to be honest, I couldn't care less who holds the position in the meantime.

Agree Rayzor! Already shows more leadership than most!!!

Once his performance picks up in two or so years, he's the man!

Remove this Banner Ad

captaincy 09

Remove this Banner Ad

Back