Cancelled
10k Posts
Apr 27, 2005
8th place
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Ham, Tony Pulis hat
Very good source says we are set for a captaincy rotation system with the 4 players being Judd Stenglein Embley and Cox. Only player to put his hand up and say he would like the role is Stenglein and they dont want to give it to him as he has not been at the club for very long, Embley doesnt want it due to his lets call it "shady past" and the pressure he will be under to be a role model on the field, we all know he has a short fuse. Judd doesnt want the role altogether as stated in the West but he would take it if it was under the rotated captain circumstances and most agree that Dean Cox is not quite ready. Judd will captain Round 1, Stenglein Round 2 (Against Adelaide to AAMI his expereince at that ground will help), Embley Round 3 and Cox Round 4 and so on and so forth

It should all be announced on Friday.

Embers said:
Very good source says we are set for a captaincy rotation system with the 4 players being Judd Stenglein Embley and Cox. Only player to put his hand up and say he would like the role is Stenglein and they dont want to give it to him as he has not been at the club for very long, Embley doesnt want it due to his lets call it "shady past" and the pressure he will be under to be a role model on the field, we all know he has a short fuse. Judd doesnt want the role altogether as stated in the West but he would take it if it was under the rotated captain circumstances and most agree that Dean Cox is not quite ready. Judd will captain Round 1, Stenglein Round 2 (Against Adelaide to AAMI his expereince at that ground will help), Embley Round 3 and Cox Round 4 and so on and so forth

Any chance of naming the source?
Cox captain :D
Judd captain :D
Embley captain :D
Stengline im not too sure about
Really would prefer a singular captain but if this is the only way its going to work then I'm fine with it.

• Banned
From one of the board members, not gonna say who though, I told you 2 days ago Judd wud not accept the captaincy on his own, can you remind me what was on the backpage of todays paper.......

I would much prefer just one captain. I think St Kilda's system of one captain per year is silly enough, let alone one captain per game.

The unfortunate thing is that not many of the group want to step into the hot seat, and i think its got a lot to do with the fact that Cousins is very well respected by the group and they all see it as a bit much to be leading the person who has led them through so much.

If you want my prediction, if we go for the 4-man rotation policy it's a clear indicator that they would like the role to back to Cousins one day. It's much easier to say "we're discaring the rotation policy and picking one man and we believe Ben Cousins has matured again and deserves a second chance" than to say "Ben was really our captain all along, just not officially, and we didn't really want (insert single 2006 captain's name) as our captain"

Black Thunder said:
I would much prefer just one captain. I think St Kilda's system of one captain per year is silly enough, let alone one captain per game.

The unfortunate thing is that not many of the group want to step into the hot seat, and i think its got a lot to do with the fact that Cousins is very well respected by the group and they all see it as a bit much to be leading the person who has led them through so much.

If you want my prediction, if we go for the 4-man rotation policy it's a clear indicator that they would like the role to back to Cousins one day. It's much easier to say "we're discaring the rotation policy and picking one man and we believe Ben Cousins has matured again and deserves a second chance" than to say "Ben was really our captain all along, just not officially, and we didn't really want (insert single 2006 captain's name) as our captain"

Great post.

I would like to see Cousins step back into the role once again. Though I did call for him to step aside, I would be happy to see him back in the role when he decides to grow up a bit.

He forgets that being the Captain of West Coast is a honour. Worsfold would never had gotten into the trouble that Cousins has over the past couple of years. Worsfold also was exemplary on and off the field, Cousins should take note.

• Banned
daddy_4_eyes said:
You must have the same source as the Herald Sun :rolleyes: , who printed that rumour in todays paper.

Honestly didnt read it, can ya gimme a link or somethin to the article?

Embers said:

Barra said that on 6PR straight after the news conference yesterday that this was the most likely setup for this year.

As much as I don't like the idea of a rotating captaincy it may be the best option this year if Judd doesnt want it. Judd would be the perfect captain but if he wont take it there is no one else other Cousins who stands out as captain material at this stage. At least this way Judd captains the club one way or another this year.

Black Thunder said:

Couldnt agree more, this rotation policy if it actually happens just looks to be a delaying tactic to eventually give it back to Cousins. I hope thats the case too as Cousins is clearly the captain of WC with or without the title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

perhaps they will only rotate it until the mid season break

if its rotated between 4 blokes then they will all have 3 goes at it before the club and playing group decides on a permanent captain for the rest of the season

jod23 said:
Couldnt agree more, this rotation policy if it actually happens just looks to be a delaying tactic to eventually give it back to Cousins. I hope thats the case too as Cousins is clearly the captain of WC with or without the title.
More like a tactic to give it to Judd.
Cousins will not captian the WCEFC again.

The Magenius said:
More like a tactic to give it to Judd.
Cousins will not captian the WCEFC again.

How is it a tactic to give it to Judd? Wouldnt they just offer it to him now? If he isnt going to take it now why would he take in a year just because he is rotated with Embley, Stinger and Cox?

Lingsface said:
how far off would kerr be havent seen many mentions of him

More likely to name John Kizon captain then that bloke. Remember the whole fake prescription thing

snakebite01 said:
Serious question.

Does it worry you guys that Judd doesn't want to take on the role of Club Captain?

After Judds comments last year regarding his opinion about footballers and role models.

And then considering the way the press reacted to off field incidents and the role of a captian you would expect him to be a tad cautious about fullfilling the role on a permenant basis

This is bull****...

Why the hell doesn't Judd want it.

But do you guys see the silver lining? If this source is real, it means Juddy is staying next year!! :thumbsu::D:thumbsu:.

But that could mean that he's going soon after because he doesn't want to be known as the captain who bailed :thumbsdown::mad::thumbsdown:

Look at the date, mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back