Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

What are you prepared to pay for Dan Houston?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You didn’t post the persons name you quoted… why not?

I’m not going to go into it anymore but anyone saying Owies has been offered a deal for 1, 2 or however many years at this point is incorrect and is feeding you porkies

So the deals seem to be:
Carlton give F1 and F2 for #13
Collingwood give F1 + Noble for #13 + #23

If it is truly the above our offer is far more attractive to the Suns when comparing it to the Pies offer. However, we may also want something back with #13 in our deal (like The Old Dark Navy's mentioned above). Our offer also seems better than the ones mentioned for the Dogs (F1), Dees (F1) and Swans (#19 + #22) in the article

NB: It is the Suns we are dealing with - hard to predict what idiocy they are capable of.

One thing in our favour is clubs don't normally like to tie trades for fringe players into these high value deals.

GC have heaps perfectly reasonable picks to trade for a noble. They don't need to compromise maximising the value of 13 to get him through the door.

You didn’t post the persons name you quoted… why not?

I’m not going to go into it anymore but anyone saying Owies has been offered a deal for 1, 2 or however many years at this point is incorrect and is feeding you porkies
tried using a quotes but it would not take so had to just paste. Post was from Forty3

Thank you!
I still stand by my understanding of the Owies contract
Apologises to all. My post was not about disproving one poster or another but rather that the info coming through from different posters is conflicting and as such posters will be posting based upon what they have read and remembered.

What's odd with this is #13 alone won't be enough for Houston and we would have traded away #34 to make this deal work. Unless we get picks from any player outgoings (Kennedy/Young/Owies/Carroll etc) not sure how this gets us Houston.
Surely, there's your answer....

And if not, we get a 2nd high draftee....

Port will take #13 and steak knives....

Surely, there's your answer....

And if not, we get a 2nd high draftee....

Port will take #13 and steak knives....
I think the point was that if we do that trade, we won’t have the steak knives to add.
Would seem more likely that we’d end up taking #13 to the draft.

I think the point was that if we do that trade, we won’t have the steak knives to add.
Would seem more likely that we’d end up taking #13 to the draft.

Port wants a 1st this year, its why Pies will struggle to get a deal done for Houston. Port will then try to hand over a F1 for Lukosius

We are trying to essentially turn a F1 into Houston, but there should be a shuffle of later picks, if the trade happens

Otherwise, we take back to back picks to the draft

Still think other clubs will look at trying to gain that pick 13

So the deals seem to be:
Carlton give F1 and F2 for #13
Collingwood give F1 + Noble for #13 + #23

If it is truly the above our offer is far more attractive to the Suns when comparing it to the Pies offer. However, we may also want something back with #13 in our deal (like The Old Dark Navy's mentioned above). Our offer also seems better than the ones mentioned for the Dogs (F1), Dees (F1) and Swans (#19 + #22) in the article

NB: It is the Suns we are dealing with - hard to predict what idiocy they are capable of.
GCFC should just stick with Budarick. John Noble is worth what was pick#46.

Uwland Snr as well + Powell & to add Rioli off the HBF = Noble is surplus to needs with (#2 pick) Weller able to play there too.

You are dreaming

I think I might be dreaming. Is there really a Port poster throwing shade on our team board? Respectful discussion is welcome, or the Drafts and Trade board might be more to your liking.

1. So we want to turn F1 and #34 into #13.

2. Then we want to turn Kennedy and Owies into F2s.

3. Then we want to turn #13 and a current R2 or F2 into Houston.

The first is more than reasonable for the Gold Coast. They may also want an F2 in which case we swap #34 for an F2.

The second is doable in the sense that Kennedy and Owies are surely worth a pick in the top 36 each, but are there suitors who will pay? We need the two F2s or 1 F2 and 1 current R2.

The third is reasonable for many, but not enough for some. It will depend on whether Houston nominates us or not.

If we can land all of these deals, we have Houston, but lose Kennedy, Owies, an F1 and a current 2nd rounder.

Port fans will be saying we should just give up the two first rounders, and keep Kennedy, Owies and the 2nd rounder. You'd think those 3 things should be enough to get us well inside the first round, but it's a lot of work.

It's a little scrappy.

Very smart business. It's a more than fair offer for the Suns, and they get to deathride us all next year.

I'd try to get their #41 or #49 back though, just to make sure we cover the Camporeale twins, or move up a bit with our last couple of draft picks.

Just a left field thought re what might be an option to be coming back.
Lachie Weller :
28yo with 140 games under his belt.
Adds a bit of pace across a few positions and is in the desired age range for Voss to plug and play if he chooses.
The benefit to GC is moving his salary from their books which might help swing the deal our way and it ties in with the rumoured salary dump that would be serviceable without knocking our socks off.
He is contracted for 2 more seasons to 2026 which, then aged 30, we can either delist him or take it year by year from there …

Out : 2025 1st & 2nd rounders
In : Pick 13 & Weller

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a left field thought re what might be an option to be coming back.
Lachie Weller :
28yo with 140 games under his belt.
Adds a bit of pace across a few positions and is in the desired age range for Voss to plug and play if he chooses.
The benefit to GC is moving his salary from their books which might help swing the deal our way and it ties in with the rumoured salary dump that would be serviceable without knocking our socks off.
He is contracted for 2 more seasons to 2026 which, then aged 30, we can either delist him or take it year by year from there …

Out : 2025 1st & 2nd rounders
In : Pick 13 & Weller

I'd do that for sure. Real moneyball scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Back