Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

What are you prepared to pay for Dan Houston?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd want more than that from Collingwood. If Noble was out of contract this year, Collingwood would get nothing for him.

This is a stronger draft, and it's a deferred pick on top of that. Collingwood are going for the 8 again, and losing names like Richards and Noble aren't going to sway that one way or the other, so it'll come down to injuries for them.

And rate of decline from their older brigade...

The consistent narrative on here from the people who have some knowledge on what’s happening behind the scenes has been we will do things “on our terms”.

And this sounds quite like the way we go about things on field as well.

The problem is that football on and off the field is rarely on your terms as there are 17 other clubs competing with you.

The trade period issue for mine is that from the information we have the club don’t seem to have a definite plan to either go all in and makes us better for the immediate term and challenge, or takes some picks and start regenerating.

Either of the above is fine, but operating in the middle of the two isn’t good practice, and the indecision or “on our terms” has left the door open for other clubs to make some bold plays, while we may just sit back waiting for things to pan out on our terms

And rate of decline from their older brigade...
They're all role players this year, and have plenty of players in their prime or coming into their prime, though they definitely need to seek out contested mids over time.

The club moving up pays the premium

Too significant a premium. If it were pick 20ish it would be closer.

You'd only consider it on draft night if you were truly locked in on someone and knew they wouldn't last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NEVER DONE ONE OF THESE BEFORE - BUT SINCE I DON'T START WORK TILL LATER AND HAVE SOME TIME I THOUGHT I’D GIVE IT A GO. I'M SURE THIS IS FULL OF HOLES / NEEDS TINKERING - BUT IT'S JUST FOR FUN.

CARLTON GIVE: 12, 34 & CHANGE?

GWS GIVE: 16, 21, 37

GIVES US: F1, 16, 21, 37

CARLTON GIVE: F1 + 21

PORT GIVE: DAN HOUSTON

GIVES US: DAN HOUSTON, 16, 37, + WHATEVER TRADE CAPITAL WE AQUIRE FOR THE PLAYERS WE HAVE UP FOR TRADE.

OWIES = LATE 2ND ROUND PICK?

KENNEDY = LATE 2ND ROUND PICK?

YOUNG = LATE 3RD?

CARROLL = EARLY 3RD?

GIVES US: DAN HOUSTON, 16, 37, + MAYBE 2 X LATE 2NDS, (OWIES & KENNEDY PICKS FOR ARGUMENTS SAKE)

SURELY WE COULD THEN TURN THE 3 x LATE 2NDS INTO ANOTHER LATE 1ST ROUNDER?

GIVING US:

DAN HOUSTON,

2 X LATE 1ST ROUNDERS,

+ WHATEVER MEAGRE OFFERINGS FALL OUR WAY SHOULD YOUNG AND CARROLL BE TRADED.

...NOW I CAN FINALLY SAY I'VE DONE ONE OF THESE ON BIGFOOTY!

We are crazy if we trade Young out and don’t draft or trade a replacement for him. We desperately need to develop our own young (modern) key defender. (Clancy Dennis and Harry O’Farrell top the wish list) Will be a hiatus if we just draft a kid who will be a couple of years minimum developing, but Haynes helps and I expect Lemmey to be developed back and Kempy to stay there in the short term.
I would leave Kemp forward to be honest. Leave McLovin back. Move Jack into the midfield as a ruck/rover type... I remember someone from his family doing a fantastic job in that position.

NEVER DONE ONE OF THESE BEFORE - BUT SINCE I DON'T START WORK TILL LATER AND HAVE SOME TIME I THOUGHT I’D GIVE IT A GO. I'M SURE THIS IS FULL OF HOLES / NEEDS TINKERING - BUT IT'S JUST FOR FUN.

CARLTON GIVE: 12, 34 & CHANGE?

GWS GIVE: 16, 21, 37

GIVES US: F1, 16, 21, 37

CARLTON GIVE: F1 + 21

PORT GIVE: DAN HOUSTON

GIVES US: DAN HOUSTON, 16, 37, + WHATEVER TRADE CAPITAL WE AQUIRE FOR THE PLAYERS WE HAVE UP FOR TRADE.

OWIES = LATE 2ND ROUND PICK?

KENNEDY = LATE 2ND ROUND PICK?

YOUNG = LATE 3RD?

CARROLL = EARLY 3RD?

GIVES US: DAN HOUSTON, 16, 37, + MAYBE 2 X LATE 2NDS, (OWIES & KENNEDY PICKS FOR ARGUMENTS SAKE)

SURELY WE COULD THEN TURN THE 3 x LATE 2NDS INTO ANOTHER LATE 1ST ROUNDER?

GIVING US:

DAN HOUSTON,

2 X LATE 1ST ROUNDERS,

+ WHATEVER MEAGRE OFFERINGS FALL OUR WAY SHOULD YOUNG AND CARROLL BE TRADED.

...NOW I CAN FINALLY SAY I'VE DONE ONE OF THESE ON BIGFOOTY!
Wow nice … but we’re ending up with Haynes Membrey and a couple of kids lol

Delusional for a defender that barely defends. GC need to put their foot down and show that they're not a pushover in the trade period any more.
Totally delusional, as the Woods F1 could be around pick 13/14 itself meaning that Col think Noble is worth 23 & 29......fair bit of arrogance in that demand, and like you said GC need to be strong and tell em to get stuffed over that scenario!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Back