Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

What are you prepared to pay for Dan Houston?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Let Collingwood trade their future with no picks in a loaded draft to try sneak a premiership next year. If they don’t win it, they are beyond cooked. Their downfall will be Richmond-esque. Good luck to them
So true.

Such an interesting trade/draft period.

Tassie eating up much of the upcoming talent is key - the Collingwood cliff is a very high one.

Clubs forced more than ever to consider their strategy - Austin clearly has his strategy in mind.

Houston would soak up our F1 with a group of father-sons becoming available, under changing FS rules.

We’d all love & justify the sugar hit - but at a pretty big opportunity- cost.

Collingwood thinking they can do a Richmond & sell the farm once the window has closed?

Possibly.

It's genuinely absurd this is over 2 weeks. I know why it is but it just makes it utterly pointless.
The AFL want maximum exposure for as long as possible, which I can understand. Struggling for cash flow, the AFL.

The extended trade week is all about theatrics, and some of the bigger trades could be scripted for entertainment.

A good majority of these deals were most likely done weeks, if not months ago, with the exception of some pick swaps.

I’m in the camp of not fussed whether or not we get Houston - he’d be a good get for whoever he plays for.

If it costs us TDK next year though, that’s a different story right there.
Much prefer to sign Weits and TDK to what they’re worth, as they’re both far more important structurally, and in general, than Houston.

Two first rounders, Campos, Haynes, perhaps a sprinklin of DFA if the opportunities should arise, and i’d be fairly content.

WTF are we doing? i'm not seeing any improvement to our list or being proactive at all. Why are we letting Houston walk to Collingwood? FFS , do something.
I’ve said it before, but if you are puzzled by what we are doing and would like some insights into our list management strategy, then Forty3 has written some excellent posts detailing why we are taking an approach which emphasises the draft.

WTF are we doing? i'm not seeing any improvement to our list or being proactive at all. Why are we letting Houston walk to Collingwood? FFS , do something.
mJjQGDK8.gif

I’ve said it before, but if you are puzzled by what we are doing and would like some insights into our list management strategy, then Forty3 has written some excellent posts detailing why we are taking an approach which emphasises the draft.
Not to mention it's just plain common sense and good management to do so.
Bring on a swag of young future stars I say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Back