Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Got marked quite heavily at stoppages. CAught in no mans land a bit. Was on ball practically all Q - a little one paced when it came to involving himself defensively. But sure found a burst when he had the ball. A couple of good, in tight contested wins by hand. Would have loved him to take that shot on the run from 45 instead of pass - but I guess hes got to do the team thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Friend who watched it said Cody was paid a lot of attention after quarter time which meant he slowed a fair bit.

Pretty putrid to be deploying tags at u16s level on a 15 year old. Meant to be more for their development playing at a higher standard more than the wins.

Clown coaches.
No one was solely responsible to tag him from what I saw. For the most part he ran around on his own. But at every stoppage they were into him quite aggressively for an U16 game, thats for sure. Would have been deliberate to sap his energy, and get into his head. At one stage he took a few of them on as he'd clearly had enough. Showed a nice bit of Mongrel

No one was solely responsible to tag him from what I saw. For the most part he ran around on his own. But at every stoppage they were into him quite aggressively for an U16 game, thats for sure. Would have been deliberate to sap his energy, and get into his head. At one stage he took a few of them on as he'd clearly had enough. Showed a nice bit of Mongrel
Sound like a bunch of w***ers

Absolutely reprehensible tactics at under 16 level. Considering tagging is taboo in the under 18 championships.
I saw the second half and while it was nit brutal by AFL standards, he seemed to get obligatory shoulders and elbows from almost every oppo player he encountered. Had plenty of blocks trying to quell his influence. He was clearly fed up in the latter part of the game. I did not see his dominant first quarter.

It is sad that a kid is subjected to that kind of aggression as a 15 year old. You can sort of understand some attention at club level for an opposition star, but a National carnival designed to showcase young talent should see it off limits. It is a sign of respect from opponents, but is contrary to the spirit and likely the rules of the game at the level.

He is clearly big enough to cop it. He is certainly tending more to “bull” than his old man at such an early age. Probably has been a focus from Andrew and other coaches to have bulked up so much, so early with his lineage.

Friend who watched it said Cody was paid a lot of attention after quarter time which meant he slowed a fair bit.

Pretty putrid to be deploying tags at u16s level on a 15 year old. Meant to be more for their development playing at a higher standard more than the wins.

Clown coaches.
????

1. Teaching defensive responsibility should be done by more coaches.
2. It is the opposition coaches job to develop his players. Not an opposition player. If he deemed they'd get great lessons playing tighter that's great coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back