Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Campos have been upgraded to Glenelg's reserve side this week. Surprised it took so long.
That's clubs being respectful of their workload leading into the championships. If they had been absolutely torching teams in the U18s they would have been upgraded sooner.

Twins stats for their debut for Glenelg reserves. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think its their first time playing against men. They had a 2 point win in a game that was close the entire way through.

Ben: 13 kicks, 9 handballs, 6 marks (1 contested), 8 tackles, 6 clearances, 6 i50s, 1 r50

Lucas: 14 kicks, 3 handballs, 7 marks, 2 tackles, 2 i50s, 3 r50s

Pretty happy with both of their games. Ben continuing his great work inside. How well Lucas played will depend on his kicking, but I couldn't give a rating to it since I didn't watch.

Twins stats for their debut for Glenelg reserves. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think its their first time playing against men. They had a 2 point win in a game that was close the entire way through.

Ben: 13 kicks, 9 handballs, 6 marks (1 contested), 8 tackles, 6 clearances, 6 i50s, 1 r50

Lucas: 14 kicks, 3 handballs, 7 marks, 2 tackles, 2 i50s, 3 r50s

Pretty happy with both of their games. Ben continuing his great work inside. How well Lucas played will depend on his kicking, but I couldn't give a rating to it since I didn't watch.

Yep aside from the Academy games.

I am sure this was discussed when the NGA zones were set up but why weren't we given a rural zone along with our northern metro zone? To my understanding we are the only club without a rural zone. It would have been nice to get the Bendigo area to reconnect to the old VFL zone area given past greats that joined us back in the zone days such as Geoff Southby, Jimmy Buckley, Rod Ashman and Adrian Gallagher.
Gags wasn't rural zone he was suburban zone. Given our suburban area included the zoo but we couldn't recruit actual gorillas to mind Tony Lockett, nor cheetahs for a bit of pace on the wing and the cemetery we were lucky we had a good rural zone. Believe it or not we did actually recruit one player from the cemetery, Gags himself as his father worked there and the family lived on site. True story!

Hook it into my veins!!!
Coming Home Alone GIF
200.gif

Oh Yeah Conan Obrien GIF by First We Feast

Rover: Cody Walker (c)

Midfielder who is a stoppage star with his ability to read the ball and extract it from congestion, then use it effectively by hand and foot. He works extremely hard from contest to contest and has a real impact on the game with his production.

Averaged 28 disposals (13 contested), three marks and seven clearances to finish runner-up in the Pool A best and fairest, as well as claiming Victoria Country’s MVP award and being named captain of the All Australian team.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victoria Country/Bendigo Pioneers/Echuca Bombers
Date of Birth: 26/01/08;
Height: 183cm

Midfielder who is a stoppage star with his ability to read the ball and extract it from congestion, then use it effectively by hand and foot. He works extremely hard from contest to contest and has a real impact on the game with his production.

Averaged 28 disposals (13 contested), three marks and seven clearances to finish runner-up in the Pool A best and fairest, as well as claiming Victoria Country’s MVP award and being named captain of the All Australian team.

Is the son of former Carlton star Andrew Walker, who played 202 games and is therefore eligible to the Blues under the father-son rule. The Indigenous star is also available to Richmond under NGA rules

183cm under 16 rover! Kids are getting bigger and bigger.

Victoria Country/Bendigo Pioneers/Echuca Bombers
Date of Birth: 26/01/08;
Height: 183cm

Is the son of former Carlton star Andrew Walker, who played 202 games and is therefore eligible to the Blues under the father-son rule. The Indigenous star is also available to Richmond under NGA rules
Patty can pass the bull mantle to Cody

Could be our version of Pendles mentoring Daicos But you know… ours win hard balls 😜

Then have Cody doing likewise with someone born this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back