Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Twomey's July rankings on afl.com.au today. Unless I missed something neither Ben or Lucas listed in the top 30. Looking good.
Must be a strong draft if Ben is outside the top 30, which is great for us.

Victoria dominating with 25 of the top 30, SA with only 2 reps (Draper, Dodson), 1 from WA and only 2 academy picks.

yeah Bens kicking will likely improve in full time environment, there's blokes who are not great kicks but elite with hands & contest work like Cripps , Dunkley, Taranto as examples .. i think he better on the spread from contest too.

Must be a strong draft if Ben is outside the top 30, which is great for us.

Victoria dominating with 25 of the top 30, SA with only 2 reps (Draper, Dodson), 1 from WA and only 2 academy picks.
Yes I've heard sheehan and Agresta amongst others mention is a deep draft.

Good for us

There will be some likely types for us with the 1st pick - Hynes, Armstrong, o'farrel etc.

Would like us to take 4 picks in this ND.

Ben's kicking isn't great, but the key for me is his decision -making, likes lobbed passes too much which don't work when the level steps up and opponents are quicker, read the ball better and don't buy feints as often

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ben's kicking isn't great, but the key for me is his decision -making, likes lobbed passes too much which don't work when the level steps up and opponents are quicker, read the ball better and don't buy feints as often

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think you'll find his lobbed passes are a technical flaw rather than decision making. He far too often kicks under the tip of the ball rather than behind it which cause his kicks to go a lot higher and lack accuracy. I've said before, his ball drop under pressure and on the run is very suspect. Similar to Dow when he came to the club. Luckily for us we showed with Dow it is possible to improve that quite a bit and the rest of his game is very very good in terms of ball winning, defensive running, pressure around the ball etc.

1721183524099.png
1721184103853.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2024-Marsh-AFL-National-Championships-U18-Boys-All-Australian-Team-42-.jpg

Cody will be ours, I’m not concerned one bit.

The AFL can change whatever they want but we still will stick it up them
Andrew Walker pretty much confirmed this on Instagram a while ago. Said something like Carlton has always been really good to him and his family. Cody can't wait to play for the navy blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back