Carlton are the one to watch out for - They can win The Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Peaked too early it seems. After beating Geelong they blew their load, swinging their proverbial around as if they had the flag in the bag already. But like Sydney they have come back to reality with a thud; who knows what is going with these huge swing in fortunes for contending teams. Will make for an interesting finals series at least.

You posted daily about Carlton up until we smacked you pretenders by 11 goals, then disappeared and didn’t post again until we lost last week, now posting 2 minutes after our loss this week.

Where were you?

Tried to talk footy with you but were having none of it.

You think they even make finals from here?
Huge disappointment because it's another year wasted. Cripps won't be able to carry this team for much longer.

Tried to talk footy with you but were having none of it.

You think they even make finals from here?
Huge disappointment because it's another year wasted. Cripps won't be able to carry this team for much longer.

Why would I talk footy with someone with rubbish intentions? You literally didn't post on the site for the entirety of our time we were playing good footy and all your predictions were going balls up, it just shows you're only interested in 'talking footy' when your opinions are stacking up at that point in time, it's cowardly.

Next.

Why would I talk footy with someone with rubbish intentions? You literally didn't post on the site for the entirety of our time we were playing good footy and all your predictions were going balls up, it just shows you're only interested in 'talking footy' when your opinions are stacking up at that point in time, it's cowardly.

Next.

You have been quoting me for months though so it's a bit rich to suddenly play the victim.

And some fans don't over-excited in May, June or July as they are somewhat use to getting into their footy a bit more at this stage of a season.

Carlton desperately need a different game plan. Personnel is there but the game plan is old fashioned.
Vossy thinks it's still the noughties.

Sausage Gossage was right last week when he said their top 4/5/6 are amazing. But the rest of them is just shite. I say this fully expecting that they'll pants us next week, but I'm just saying as a general finals contending team the depth ain't great.

I think that's just the easiest argument to make for an underperforming side - look at the articles and commentary about Richmond pre-2017, it's all about how quickly their list falls away after Dusty, Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt etc.

Our bottom 6 have performed enough to show they're ok - none of our stars really dominated in our finals wins last year, guys like Acres, Newman stood up.

The list has its issues but so does every other list, that's why a salary cap exists; on talent I think it's good enough to compete for top 4 and from there, you're a chance.

We have huuuuuge issues in the mental fortitude of our players, coaching & fitness. It's not good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that's just the easiest argument to make for an underperforming side - look at the articles and commentary about Richmond pre-2017, it's all about how quickly their list falls away after Dusty, Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt etc.

Our bottom 6 have performed enough to show they're ok - none of our stars really dominated in our finals wins last year, guys like Acres, Newman stood up.

The list has its issues but so does every other list, that's why a salary cap exists; on talent I think it's good enough to compete for top 4 and from there, you're a chance.

We have huuuuuge issues in the mental fortitude of our players, coaching & fitness. It's not good.
Oh no.

Now want to compare yourselves to Richmond pre-2017...

Oh no.

Now want to compare yourselves to Richmond pre-2017...

You’re right, things were worse. Richmond Pre-2017 had never won a final, finished 13th and their multiple BnF winner Deledio walked out the door.

Where’d you tip them to finish in 2017 I wonder?

Besides, was using them as an example in regards to the ‘bottom 6’ argument that gets thrown around every time a team is seen to be underperforming. Unsurprising you can’t finish reading posts though.

You’re right, things were worse. Richmond Pre-2017 had never won a final, finished 13th and their multiple BnF winner Deledio walked out the door.

Besides, was using them as an example in regards to the ‘bottom 6’ argument that gets thrown around every time a team is seen to be underperforming. Unsurprising you can’t finish reading posts though.
So they are not like Richmond pre-2017, but are like Richmond pre-2017.

Got ya 🤪

Nah just that the lazy ‘bottom 6’ argument was busted by Richmond in 2017. Got put to bed when Jason flipping Castagna won 3 flags 🤣.
Overall your original arguement is just lazy. Richmond went on to win 3 flags in 4 years, and you are saying out of hope that its because of this, its techinically possible Carlton might win 3 flags in 4 years.

You've got all your work ahead of you.

30 years and counting.

And you've doubled down...

Oh no.

Would like to revise my statement - will definitely drop not 1 but both of the last 2, we're absolutely cooked :oops:
Probably better for the health of the playing group to not have to play finals. Get a rest. Heal up. Go again next year.

Probably better for the health of the playing group to not have to play finals. Get a rest. Heal up. Go again next year.

That is loser mentality talk and would be to the detriment of the playing list.
Only way they will grow is experiencing finals. Even limping into week 1 and getting smacked is more than enough to work with over a preseason.

There is also the very real possibility where anything can happen in a knock out final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton are the one to watch out for - They can win The Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back