Carlton Board Draft/List Management Game - Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With this pick I select a player who I believe is really underrated, and certainly a better footballer than many who have been selected before him.

Finishing 5th in the North Melbourne B&F in 2011, he has cemented his spot in their best side. Is a small midfielder that can move into the forward line to great effect.

I was extremely close to selecting him with my last pick, and had it not been an absolute necessity for me to reach for a player, he would already be in my squad.

I select Leigh Adams

Wow, that was a good streak. Well done all.

Current State of Play:

Jeremias - Pick 149 - Leigh Adams (6.51pm today - last pick taken)

RegLower91 - Picks 103,114,130,146 - skipped and may pick at any time
Bluegal1983 - Picks 124,140 - skipped and may pick at any time
MitchRobinson12 - Pick 137 - skipped and may pick at any time
Wickzki - Pick 150 - on the clock and has until 10.51am tomorrow
(has said he will post his pick by about 10.30pm tonight)

Sorry about some of the messiness of this all. Have been very busy. Will update tomorrow. Super glad to hear people like it though.

Thoughts for a new version of this would be to exclude all players who have been drafted for the first time in the past 3 years, then assign all other players to squads. Makes for a pretty long draft, and would add an aspect of needing to refresh via youth as opposed to picking seasoned stars. Plus the stars would already be in squads!

With this pick I select a player who I believe is really underrated, and certainly a better footballer than many who have been selected before him.

Finishing 5th in the North Melbourne B&F in 2011, he has cemented his spot in their best side. Is a small midfielder that can move into the forward line to great effect.

I was extremely close to selecting him with my last pick, and had it not been an absolute necessity for me to reach for a player, he would already be in my squad.

I select Leigh Adams

Is definitely a good player. Will be interesting to see how he goes when not flying under the radar as much.

Unfortunately I needed a tall defender/ swingman more than a small mid.

Can you pm a list of picks? Will prob be your pick within 10mins.

Sorry, I would have definitely have done this but I was not at all sure who I was going to pick with the next pick. It was going to be Tayte Pears but him being picked up put me in a position of not knowing who to go for.

Will pick in about five mins.

Make that ten with apologies.

Team Wickzki select the runner up to the 2009 Rising Star winner, Daniel Rich, and select Andy Otten of the Adelaide Football Club.

My half back line now consists of Troy Chaplin at centre half back and Matthew Suckling and Andy Otten as the rebounding flankers. Good mix of height, strength, speed and stamina. Lots of attack out of half back.

Might as well do this to make it a bit easier (good idea whoever started it).

Current State of Play:

Wickzki - Pick 150 - Andy Ottens (After 10pm yesterday - last pick taken)

RegLower91 - Picks 103,114,130,146 - skipped and may pick at any time
Bluegal1983 - Picks 124,140 - skipped and may pick at any time
MitchRobinson12 - Pick 137 - skipped and may pick at any time
Ryan Dixon Webb - Pick 151 - skipped and may pick at any time
Krayfresh - pick 152 - has till 6pm tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

give me 10

edit: Pick 157 - Cameron Pederson (North Melbourne)

Really liked the look of this kid and I have a settled 22, so went with a developing tall. .. Wish I had a few more picks, as there is some good depth, especially young players, in the draft. :)

Well I PM'ed her last time and she hasn't logged in so I didn't see the point TBH. Either she ain't getting them or she can't get on or she isn't that committed I guess.

I am committed, but I haven't been able to get on because I have been away. It is that time of year remember!

Two of my picks were skipped so I select:

Bernie Vince, Adelaide Football Club

and

Campbell Brown, Gold Coast Suns Football Club

Ok, to begin the next round, I pick Jake Melksham.

Smooth mover I expect to go From 17 touches up to around 20 a game.

A few bombers guys expect the two Jakes To be the big improvers in 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Board Draft/List Management Game - Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back