Carlton Board Draft/List Management Game - Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So what happens now do we start up a poll for who has the best 22

I think B&S is needed to decide that one. .. I like the idea of a 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 vote in a new thread from all the competitors. .. Obviously it takes some honesty but its all for fun anyway. ..

Edit: Further to that I think the following is a nice rought outline for posting the teams. ..

Best 22 (team list - a template would be good to keep it consistant)
Depth (other 8 players and roles)
Strategy (purpose of the list)
+ other (additional info)

I think next time we do this we should make a list of the worst player then if you don't have your draft pick in time you get to pick of this list.

I think B&S is needed to decide that one. .. I like the idea of a 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 vote in a new thread from all the competitors. .. Obviously it takes some honesty but its all for fun anyway. ..

Edit: Further to that I think the following is a nice rought outline for posting the teams. ..

Best 22 (team list - a template would be good to keep it consistant)
Depth (other 8 players and roles)
Strategy (purpose of the list)
+ other (additional info)

I like the 5,4,3,2,1 idea but think we should pm them to b&s

I like the 5,4,3,2,1 idea but think we should pm them to b&s

Works for me. .. We should post up the teams and try and get them all close together in the thread to allow for the easier comparison. ..

whose pick?

Not sure, especially as ppl refuse to do the simple task of putting the pick number before their pick. .. I'm not sure how you had a pick between what looked like Jeremias pick 229 & RDW pick 231. .. Was that your pick 238?

Kieran Harper
Maverick Weller

and that's me done?

B: Ashley McGrath, Brian Lake, Beau Waters
HB: Xavier Ellis, Daniel Talia, Garrick Ibbotson
C: Jordan Lewis, David Armitage, Brendan Goddard
HF: Josh Caddy, Liam Jones, Jason Winderlich
F: Stephen Milne, John Butcher, Ty Vickery
Foll: Jonothan Griffin, Scott Pendlebury, Marc Murphy
I/C: Maverick Weller, Ben Jacobs, Kieran Harper, Clint Bartram

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kieran Harper
Maverick Weller

and that's me done?

B: Ashley McGrath, Brian Lake, Beau Waters
HB: Xavier Ellis, Daniel Talia, Garrick Ibbotson
C: Jordan Lewis, David Armitage, Brendan Goddard
HF: Josh Caddy, Liam Jones, Jason Winderlich
F: Stephen Milne, John Butcher, Ty Vickery
Foll: Jonothan Griffin, Scott Pendlebury, Marc Murphy
I/C: Maverick Weller, Ben Jacobs, Kieran Harper, Clint Bartram

oh my gosh, that midfield...

... has 3 studs, 1 highly inconsistent Hawk (brilliant on his day, invisible at other times and a guy who when he has a healthy midfield around him struggles to get a game?

... has 3 studs, 1 highly inconsistent Hawk (brilliant on his day, invisible at other times and a guy who when he has a healthy midfield around him struggles to get a game?

3 Elites of the game means the others don't matter as much. .. but the others are good ordinary footballers too so that makes it a tasty midfield, me thinks. .. They'll have to be good to recover from a lacking in the ruck department though ;)

3 Elites of the game means the others don't matter as much. .. but the others are good ordinary footballers too so that makes it a tasty midfield, me thinks. .. They'll have to be good to recover from a lacking in the ruck department though ;)

Basically an equivalent of the Judd/Cousins/Kerr midfield ,maybe not as good, but close (or maybeeeee..., heh all I know is it's a great midfield).

Basically an equivalent of the Judd/Cousins/Kerr midfield ,maybe not as good, but close (or maybeeeee..., heh all I know is it's a great midfield).

Don't forget Judd, Cousins and Kerr had Cox ;)

There's also a couple of blokes in Weller, Caddy and Winderlich who can have a run through the middle. Plus a kid in the forward line named Vickery who is quite handy in ruck contests.

So I guess the draft is done aside from reg and mitchrobinson who missed a fair few picks. Do we wait or what?

I might seem like a bit of an a/hole but reg hasn't log on for nearly 2 weeks and Mitch was log on today and hasn't had a pick. I think we should put there players in a pool and do a mini draft of 2 or 3 rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Board Draft/List Management Game - Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back