Remove this Banner Ad

Grandmaster_B

Club Legend
Suspended
May 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
If you ask anyone what Carlton do well, the answer will always be the same - tanking.

However, despite them blatantly tanking in an attempt to get top picks and top line talent, they have done it so poorly that it can only be described as pathetic.

Allow me to explain

2005 - Marc Murphy - Blues get their first of three straoght number 1 picks, and use it on an absolute potato. Fat, slow, no skills. Enough said.

2006 - Bruce Gibbs - the less said the better. But the 'Milne incident' is all he will be known for.

2007 - Matthew Kreuzer - LLoyd Christmas in a Carlton jumper. Wouldn't get a game anywhere else.

Now, thats just a part of it. The funniest thing about Carltons failure is this - the timing.

The very season after Carlton dragged their pathetic ss off the bottom, lets see what happened

2008 pick 1- Jack Watts - The Demons bottom out at the right time, and pick a kid that can do it all. A hybrid of Carey/Hird/Riewoldt/Pavlich. A true number 1 pick in the sense of guaranteed future superstar and icon.

And who will it be this season?

2009 likely pick 1
- Tom Scully - lilely to be a Demon, this kid is ready to step in and dominate. A clone of Judd when he was at West Coast and good. Insane speed, skille, evasiveness, smarts, goal sense etc etc...

So the Blues finish bottom threee years in a row and get three potatoes - Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer.

To lose all dignity and end up with nothing to show for it must kill all Blues fans.

But as a Demon fan Id like to thank Carlton for reaching the grand heighs of 10th last year, and a similair position this year as it has enabled my team to add 2 guaramteed superstars of the game and build a real list (no signing of washed up money hungry , OP riddled mercenaries required).

Wouldn't Watts wanna play a game first before claiming him to be a mixture of Riewoldt/Hird/Pavlich/Carey et all.

I remember Melbourne fans saying that about David Schwarz.

If Scully is any good the AFL will block all attempts you have and gift him to GC :thumbsu:

Quite right too.

If you ask anyone what Carlton do well, the answer will always be the same - tanking.

However, despite them blatantly tanking in an attempt to get top picks and top line talent, they have done it so poorly that it can only be described as pathetic.

Allow me to explain

2005 - Marc Murphy - Blues get their first of three straoght number 1 picks, and use it on an absolute potato. Fat, slow, no skills. Enough said.

2006 - Bruce Gibbs - the less said the better. But the 'Milne incident' is all he will be known for.

2007 - Matthew Kreuzer - LLoyd Christmas in a Carlton jumper. Wouldn't get a game anywhere else.

Now, thats just a part of it. The funniest thing about Carltons failure is this - the timing.

The very season after Carlton dragged their pathetic ss off the bottom, lets see what happened

2008 pick 1- Jack Watts - The Demons bottom out at the right time, and pick a kid that can do it all. A hybrid of Carey/Hird/Riewoldt/Pavlich. A true number 1 pick in the sense of guaranteed future superstar and icon.

2009 likely pick 1
- Tom Scully - lilely to be a Demon, this kid is ready to step in and dominate. A clone of Judd when he was at West Coast and good. Insane speed, skille, evasiveness, smarts, goal sense etc etc...

So the Blues finish bottom threee years in a row and get three potatoes - Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer.

To lose all dignity and end up with nothing to show for it must kill all Blues fans.

But as a Demon fan Id like to thank Carlton for reaching the grand heighs of 10th last year, and a similair position this year as it has enabled my team to add 2 guaramteed superstars of the game and build a real list (no signing of washed up money hungry , OP riddled mercenaries required).
You fail at Life.

Watts is shit anyways. Got absolutely spanked against Shoenmakers 2 weeks ago.

After seeing most of Melbourne's talent last night I'd have to say its the worst list of talent assembled on the park since the late Fitzroy.

It only took one player from Hawthorn playing his first game after having 3 knee recos to totally embarrass and dominate Melbournes list of tanking draft pics.

oh dear. :) :thumbsu:

2009 likely pick 1- Tom Scully - lilely to be a Demon, this kid is ready to step in and dominate. A clone of Judd when he was at West Coast and good. Insane speed, skille, evasiveness, smarts, goal sense etc etc...

Another spoon coming the Demons way....even their supporters concede

I have my doubts on Watts, I really do. There's something about him when you look at him that's missing that all champions have.

startrek-phasergame1.JPG

2009 likely pick 1

The phrase ''I feel sorry for you'' is often bandied about sarcastically but I think it is genuinely appropriate to how i feel about you having to resort to claiming the ability of possible future draft pick players as your success.

As for Carlton, I think you are being generous. I see no reason why they shouldnt tank their way through the second half of this season, they are already gonski. May as well make the most of the last fair draft and hope that they can trade Gibbs and Kruezer for some decent picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You fail at Life.

Watts is shit anyways. Got absolutely spanked against Shoenmakers 2 weeks ago.

2005 - Richmond supporters boasted about Dean Polo beating Lance Franklin in the VFL

2007 - Essendon supporters boasted about Courtney Johns beating Nathan Brown in the VFL

2009 - Hawthorn supporters boasting about Shoenmakers beating Jack Watts in the VFL

notice a trend?

2005 - Richmond supporters boasted about Dean Polo beating Lance Franklin in the VFL

2007 - Essendon supporters boasted about Courtney Johns beating Nathan Brown in the VFL

2009 - Hawthorn supporters boasting about Shoenmakers beating Jack Watts in the VFL

notice a trend?

Richmond, Essendon and Hawthorn supporters are ****ing idiots?

Sorry GB, here is a question for you.

If we were to advertise "Free to Good Home: Take your pick from Brett Ratten and the toothless guy who coaches the West Horsham Crows", who would attract the greater interest?

Biffinator.

Allow me to explain

2009 likely pick 1- Tom Scully - lilely to be a Demon, this kid is ready to step in and dominate. A clone of Judd when he was at West Coast and good. Insane speed, skille, evasiveness, smarts, goal sense etc etc...

fail_cat.jpg

notice a trend?
So what your basically saying is that Watts is going to be as good as Buddy and Nathan Brown?

Right....

Wouldn't Watts wanna play a game first before claiming him to be a mixture of Riewoldt/Hird/Pavlich/Carey et all.

I remember Melbourne fans saying that about David Schwarz.

If Scully is any good the AFL will block all attempts you have and gift him to GC :thumbsu:

Quite right too.

possibly the dumbest post ive read in a long time, first off why would Melbourne supporters be calling Ox a mix of 2 players who hadnt even debut'd and pre his knee injuries he was as good as Carey, and was selected at CHF in AA, second how the hell are the AFL going to block anyone from drafting Scully when hes in the draft age? try thinking before you post

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton even fail at tanking - proof inside

Remove this Banner Ad

Back