Carlton Father Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Kade Simps

Rookie
Jul 31, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Who is the best footballer and who is the best pick for Carlton out of Tomi Johnston, Sheldon and Williams. Sheldon had a solid game in the APS vs AGSV game, he looks like his got what it takes for AFL.

I'm not sure who is the best although Jake Williams did play very well for his school recently and has averaged 23 possessions in TAC cup this season. I wouldn't mind it if carlton took all of them even if they don't use the father son rule. Those who aren't worth a draft pick could be taken as rookies and we could see how they go. Nothing would be more annoying then one of these kids becoming a great player after we overlooked them.

Carlton have to take Sheldon, he is the best out of those 3 by far, williams is good yes but is much to slow and can be shut out of the game far to easily not to mention his height, it must be sheldon as his miles ahead of the other two

Great Question Kade Simps! personally i believe Sheldon will go. He is a fantastic player and had a great year with Haileybury in the APS this year. Tomi and Jake are good players but both lack in the height department which is very important these days. Sheldon is also a year young and might not nominate for the draft this year to give Carlton the easy choice, Take Tomi this year and then next year take Sheldon. It may be cheating the system but it will work very well for the blues!

jnash196 said:
What did they say about Greg Williams...
yes greg was slow, but the game has changed and suits players with more speed, but who knows, hopefully Carlton make the right descision with all their draft picks this year.

Kade Simps said:
hopefully Carlton make the right descision with all their draft picks this year.

Being an Essendon supporter, hopefully Carlton make a mistake and don't take Bryce Gibbs no. 1

jnash196 said:
What did they say about Greg Williams...

the game has changed alot since back in the day and jake by no means is as good as his old man was they may of both been slow but jake is not as hard as his old man and never really goes for the hard ball, the boy has brains yes he waits for his moments but youngsters espically small and slow youngsters coming up though the afl cant wait around for the soft disposals.

i stand by my comments of to small too slow

bucks25 said:
the game has changed alot since back in the day and jake by no means is as good as his old man was they may of both been slow but jake is not as hard as his old man and never really goes for the hard ball, the boy has brains yes he waits for his moments but youngsters espically small and slow youngsters coming up though the afl cant wait around for the soft disposals.

i stand by my comments of to small too slow

Makes sense I was just trying to give smart input

From memory a few of the 95 team have sons coming through. I think Madden, Williams, and Silvangi have sons that are eligible.

Could someone shine some light on Carlton's current crop of father sons selections?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I'd give this another pump. Heard Greg Williams has another son, one Charlie Williams, I think his eligible for this years draft. Can someone shed some light?

Cheers

Thought I'd give this another pump. Heard Greg Williams has another son, one Charlie Williams, I think his eligible for this years draft. Can someone shed some light?

Cheers
The last of 3 boys. I hope he can deliver the goods. The other 2 weren't bad, but without the pace modern football ignored them.
I haven't seen Charlie yet, but it won't be long before Calder come to bendigo. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Father Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Back