Carlton got screwed...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he is worth a hell of a lot more than that.

Carlton won this trade, i cant see how you could think otherwise.

Yes Junior, totally agree. And I suspect you reflect the opinion of most eagles supporters and the club.

In most trades you would think all parties at least believe they are in a 'win' position. That's the whole idea of trading.

I can't believe the Eagles would voluntarily give Judd up for anything. They have their hands tied and will inevitably get screwed!

I saw Judd on this morning's TV news bulletins with dollar signs in his eyes and teeth and 'I am so good smirk' over his moosh. He makes me feel sick.

What has our game come to with clubs baying at the shiny shoes of a player with his long nose pointed to the sky?

Carlton and Judd deserve each other.

Don't disagree with any of that.

markr said:
Asking for pick 46 as well is just kicking West Coast in the nuts because you think it's funny how much you're already screwing them

Yes and no. We are already getting shafted, but given we will have picks 3, 13, 20, and by the sounds of it 18/19 from Richmond, we won't be using pick 46 anyway.

Yes Junior, totally agree. And I suspect you reflect the opinion of most eagles supporters and the club.

In most trades you would think all parties at least believe they are in a 'win' position. That's the whole idea of trading.

I can't believe the Eagles would voluntarily give Judd up for anything. They have their hands tied and will inevitably get screwed!

Once Chris decided Carlton and only Carlton we were never going to be in a winning position unless they ripped the heart out of the club (Say Pick 1,3,20 and Fevola) which you cant expect anyone to do. Carlton have done nothing wrong.

Saying that, Pick 3 (Cotchin or Masten) Jk (Hopefully develops well) and 20 (Lottery) is at least some compensation.

I for one wont be booing Judd when we play Carlton next year but i dont think he will be too popular. Which is unfortunate.

5 years down the track we will know who won this trade but i get the feeling that carlton may regret this deal.

judd is a star - no one is doubting that - but he wont be surrounded by cousins, kerr, embley, stenglein etc at carlton.

his pay will be around 20% of the salary cap which means carlton wont have any room to add any other stars in the near future.

carlton have struggled big time since their draft picks were taken away for salary cap breaches a few years ago and since then they have used only one top 10 pick on a key position player - kennedy - and they are about to trade him away!!!

they had 3 top 20 picks for the upcoming draft - they have given 2 of those away - and they are using the prized number 1 pick on a ruckman who was fourth for hitouts at the national carnival! he looks as though he will be another josh fraser!!!

and to top it off carlton have allegedly offered judd the captaincy!!! just in case fevola, whitnall, stevens etc weren't pissed off about his salary, they thought they'd make sure of it with the captaincy thing!!! at least fevola seems mature enough to handle it (yes, that was sarcasm).

oh well, only time will tell.

I actually think the winner of this deal will be WCE. They end up with 3 picks in the top 20 including number 3, plus a tall forward who himself went at number 4 in the draft 2 years ago.

WCE already have a good midfield so they don't lose that much and they gain some extra picks plus a KPP. Kennedy hasn't shown that much, but not many KPP's do much for the first few years (Boyle and Roughy come to mind). With an extra tall forward WCE will remain a big threat.

Carlton on the other hand now have a great midfield but with only 1 key forward. They desperately need to build a spine but will now only pick up a ruckman. They will still have a very average backline. I can't see them being a genuine threat for some time.

You know, even though I do think Judd is a bit overrated and that Kerr is now probably the best player in the comp (leave that comment alone and stay on topic) I think West Coast got screwed a bit on that deal. The only reason Carlton gave up Josh Kennedy was to keep the peace with West Coast in future trades. If West Coast has the upper hand in the next trade, they will compensate Carlton for the player.. Carlton could have gotten away with just giving up pick 3 but West Coast could have screwed them the next time round.

They might aswell tank for the next 5 years too, coz if they start doing well, with the amount they're paying Judd, they won't be able to afford to keep their young players like Gibbs, Murphy etc..

We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Chris Judd and Carlton Football club.

Chris and Carlton Football Club, you care deeply for one another and you see this wedding as an opportunity to declare before us all your love and your intention to live together as husband and wife.

Chris and Carlton Football Club, before we proceed, I ask whether you are both here today giving yourself freely to one anther in marriage.

Blah, blah, blah.. lol!

By the power vested by me as an authorised marriage celebrant, I now declare Chris and Carlton Football Club, husband and wife.

Chris, you may now kiss Carlton Football Club.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please congratulate the bride and groom, Mr and Mrs Judd-Football Club.. :p
Quality, real quality :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was an foolish decision to go to carlton. They will never be right to win a premiership...

I actually think the winner of this deal will be WCE. They end up with 3 picks in the top 20 including number 3, plus a tall forward who himself went at number 4 in the draft 2 years ago.

WCE already have a good midfield so they don't lose that much and they gain some extra picks plus a KPP. Kennedy hasn't shown that much, but not many KPP's do much for the first few years (Boyle and Roughy come to mind). With an extra tall forward WCE will remain a big threat.

Carlton on the other hand now have a great midfield but with only 1 key forward. They desperately need to build a spine but will now only pick up a ruckman. They will still have a very average backline. I can't see them being a genuine threat for some time.

Kerr-Ching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back