Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

“An edge at the tribunal”? You mean getting players off suspensions who shouldn’t have gotten suspended in the first place? Love that media narrative. 😂

Landsberger needs to do his reserach 🙄

No Sam it was our KC Christopher Townshend that represented Cripps at the AFL Appeals Board in 2022!

IMG_0809.jpeg

‘And in 2022 it was O’Farrell who, unknowingly at the time, altered the history books of the game at the AFL Appeals board.
Captain Patrick Cripps had been suspended for two matches for rough conduct in an incident which left Brisbane’s Callum Ah Chee concussed.’

The article misrepresent

The article misrepresents what happened in the Cripps case, and although it points out that Christian is inconsistent, it misses the point that all these cases were won not because O’Farrell is a brilliant lawyer (and he may well be), but that Christian puts Carlton players up on bullshit charges.

The article misrepresent

The article misrepresents what happened in the Cripps case, and although it points out that Christian is inconsistent, it misses the point that all these cases were won not because O’Farrell is a brilliant lawyer (and he may well be), but that Christian puts Carlton players up on bullshit charges.

Unresearched 💩 journalism!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David King showed a fair bit of our defence on afl360. Highlighting the team first ethos, showed Boyd running 100 metres for no reward and another McGovern peeling off to help out. Apparently from the last 50 contested balls in our defence we have only lost 2 groundballs.

Later discussion was Joey stating that one of the reasons is that Saad never loses a one on one. Robbo then said that Nic Newman was well in the running for AA.

David King showed a fair bit of our defence on afl360. Highlighting the team first ethos, showed Boyd running 100 metres for no reward and another McGovern peeling off to help out. Apparently from the last 50 contested balls in our defence we have only lost 2 groundballs.

Later discussion was Joey stating that one of the reasons is that Saad never loses a one on one. Robbo then said that Nic Newman was well in the running for AA.

I’m loving all the positive media and it’s so exciting where we are at….but there is a long way to go
Thud

Hang on

No thud!😀

💙

Last edited:
Paul Roos on SEN:

“Without sounding (like old timers), well I suppose we can sound like them because that’s what we’re here for, but there was certainly a lot more depth (in the ‘80s).

“There was a lot more depth in V/AFL, we only had 12 teams and our seconds teams (were strong).

“I say this, Carlton's seconds team in the early ‘80s would beat North Melbourne right now, there's no question about that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Paul Roos on SEN:

“Without sounding (like old timers), well I suppose we can sound like them because that’s what we’re here for, but there was certainly a lot more depth (in the ‘80s).

“There was a lot more depth in V/AFL, we only had 12 teams and our seconds teams (were strong).

“I say this, Carlton's seconds team in the early ‘80s would beat North Melbourne right now, there's no question about that.

I like his confidence, I reckon we give Norf a game but our boys fall 3 goals short in the end. Those Carlton players must be pushing 65 now.

Paul Roos on SEN:

Sounding more like a rambling Don Scott every day
Spiro Kouramedies V LDU
Darren Ogden V Larkey

Please what rubbish. North should have beaten last years premiers 2 weeks ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back