Carlton Supporters and The AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

lol. you decide to shift the goalposts once you read the gameday thread huh? you point to consensus in this thread, and then go on to tell me that bigfooty consensus doesn't matter?

it's ok, i already said north won in spite of the umpires. but the umpiring was shit.

Agree - how the umpire did not see Sam Gibson handball the footy in your forward line was terrible!!

Lucky for us you don't have a functioning forward line and nothing came of it. Hang on - did I just blame your terrible forward line? Dam - sorry - those bloody umps killed the game!!

Ok with regards to the umpires-
There were a couple of questionable decisions on both sides.

However the simple fact is that the side that is first to the ball will always win frees that the opposition supporters don't like or accept. North were harder at it, got to the ball first, and moved the ball quickly into the forward line which put the Carlton defenders out of position and they gave up soft frees. To top it off stupid 50s didn't help Carltons cause.

And if you want to raise shit umpriring how did Judd get a free? I didn't realise that there was a new chicken wing holding the ball free.

Oh and the other reason we won so well was because we exploited your weak defences by bringing it straight up the middle - hence the majority of our shots were from 30m out in front.

However the simple fact is that the side that is first to the ball will always win frees that the opposition supporters don't like or accept. North were harder at it, got to the ball first, and moved the ball quickly into the forward line which put the Carlton defenders out of position and they gave up soft frees. To top it off stupid 50s didn't help Carltons cause.
Big Footy hypocrisy at its finest...replace North Melbourne with West Coast Eagles and Carlton with North Melbourne and see if you get the same response. Then it's nothing to do with being first to ball and everything to do with cheating.

Do you really think the club would go under?? Forget that we have 3 billionaires and another 20 odd that are worth well over 100 mill. If any club was to faultier the supporter base would chip in and raise millions upon millions to save the club they love. I put money into the the doggies when they were down also the same for the tigers. No way in hell would i let the Tigers fold who that would only leave me with 2 other clubs to hate.
This would have had more impact if it was typed in bald.

Big Footy hypocrisy at its finest...replace North Melbourne with West Coast Eagles and Carlton with North Melbourne and see if you get the same response. Then it's nothing to do with being first to ball and everything to do with cheating.
You think? FYI I started a thread post the WC Nth game stating how bad the umpiring was - from both sides.

And in my post above I did state that there were questionable decisions on both sides.

But then maybe I have 2 eyes.:thumbsu:

The free kick count was not 30-15.

Outside of the Collingwood game which was relatively fairly umpired, Carlton have been utterly pillaged by the umpiring over the past 6 weeks, the low point being the litany of war crimes dished up against the Carlton team against West Coast in Perth a few weeks ago. The blatant cheating coupled with the pathetic fixturing which gave West Coast an extra week to prepare for a home game against the Blues and their short 6 day break cost the club 4 premiership points. Consider the non free kick to Andrew Walker in the dying seconds of the semi final against the same opposition at the same venue last season and it isn't hard to establish that there are dark forces at play. Any football supporter that cannot acknowledge the absolute criminality of the umpiring against the Carlton team over the past few rounds is obviously blinded by their hatred and jealousy of the Carlton Football Club.

Outside of the Collingwood game which was relatively fairly umpired, Carlton have been utterly pillaged by the umpiring over the past 6 weeks, the low point being the litany of war crimes dished up against the Carlton team against West Coast in Perth a few weeks ago. The blatant cheating coupled with the pathetic fixturing which gave West Coast an extra week to prepare for a home game against the Blues and their short 6 day break cost the club 4 premiership points. Consider the non free kick to Andrew Walker in the dying seconds of the semi final against the same opposition at the same venue last season and it isn't hard to establish that there are dark forces at play. Any football supporter that cannot acknowledge the absolute criminality of the umpiring against the Carlton team over the past few rounds is obviously blinded by their hatred and jealousy of the Carlton Football Club.

Last 6 weeks:

Free Kicks For - 101
Free Kicks Agt - 99

Criminal - how can the AFL get away with this?

Cannot believe the over reaction to the Judd decision and the umpiring on Fri night - the blues board is lit up with complaints that Friday night was a set up and the Blues robbed!! I have read so many articles on the game and not 1 journalist mentioned poor umpiring against the Blues.

How can a 53 point hiding be the umpires fault?

For what is is worth the Blues won the free kick count - 17-16 - robbed of a game!!

the statistic that damns the umpires was 10 free kicks to Nth Melbourne = 10 goals mate. get the facts before typing. It's embarrassing.

I am intrigued and would like to subscribe to your blog/newsletter.

Last 6 weeks:

Free Kicks For - 101
Free Kicks Agt - 99

Ah yes, the typical response of the peasants, the free kick count. The free kick count is worthless when on considers what and why the free kicks are given for (not to mention the free kicks that are not given), specifically the many unwarranted free kicks for the North side that resulted in goals. With reference to the count specifically, many of the free kicks last Friday night for example were given for the Carlton side once the game was done and dusted, nothing free kicks (although they were there in accordance to the law of Australian Football when the laws are implemented properly) to square the ledger once the outcome of the game was determined. Whilst the Kangaroos side deserved to win, the umpiring could have been described at best as severely biased in favour of the North Melbourne side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last 6 weeks:

Free Kicks For - 101
Free Kicks Agt - 99

But what you fail to realise is that all of Carlton's free kicks were in their defensive half and in junk time. All the opposition's were in their inside 50s and at crucial stages of the match.

Sigh. The desperate rant of someone trying to justify the poor form of their side by blaming everything on the umpires.
Why am I not surprised.
It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Carlton are currently playing crap soft football would it? Which as a result means that you are second to the ball and give up soft free kicks. Or that your defence is undermanned which means they are taking illegal steps to attempt to spoil.
Now while we are at it who else can we blame? The AFL would have to be up there. What about the VIC Government - maybe they have a hand in it. The Carbon Tax only came in recently. What about illegal immigrants - did they have an impact on the team? Perhaps we need to instigate a government funded third party investigation into the umpires and the AFL on Carltons behalf.:thumbsu:

Ah yes, the typical response of the peasants, the free kick count. The free kick count is worthless when on considers what and why the free kicks are given for (not to mention the free kicks that are not given), specifically the many unwarranted free kicks for the North side that resulted in goals. With reference to the count specifically, many of the free kicks last Friday night for example were given for the Carlton side once the game was done and dusted, nothing free kicks (although they were there in accordance to the law of Australian Football when the laws are implemented properly) to square the ledger once the outcome of the game was determined. Whilst the Kangaroos side deserved to win, the umpiring have been at best described as severely biased in favour of the North Melbourne side.

You need to blame Ratten, Judd and co for your last 6 weeks. It is so easy to blame people not connected with the club you love. The umpires have made mistakes every week, in every game for over 100 years. Blue supporters have got their hopes up and now want somone to blame for been a crap team.

It is your players fault you are in this situation - not the umpires. You have had 3 50 point hidings in your last 6 games - and one was against Port!!

It maybe too late to slide to last but hey - it is worth a shot.....

It is amusing watching North and Carlton fans both take the opposite argument to when they played West Coast...for North, it's now the case that first to the ball and hardest at the ball is rewarded with free kicks, and for Carlton, it's that free kick counts don't tell the whole story.

It is amusing watching North and Carlton fans both take the opposite argument to when they played West Coast...for North, it's now the case that first to the ball and hardest at the ball is rewarded with free kicks, and for Carlton, it's that free kick counts don't tell the whole story.
I don't understand your point on the WCE v Carlton game?
Elaborate??

Sigh. The desperate rant of someone trying to justify the poor form of their side by blaming everything on the umpires.
Why am I not surprised.
It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Carlton are currently playing crap soft football would it? Which as a result means that you are second to the ball and give up soft free kicks. Or that your defence is undermanned which means they are taking illegal steps to attempt to spoil.
Now while we are at it who else can we blame? The AFL would have to be up there. What about the VIC Government - maybe they have a hand in it. The Carbon Tax only came in recently. What about illegal immigrants - did they have an impact on the team? Perhaps we need to instigate a government funded third party investigation into the umpires and the AFL on Carltons behalf.:thumbsu:

No where in my statement had I denied that the Carlton side are currently playing poorly, however there is a fair bit of mythology regarding this "second to the ball = giving away of soft free kicks" line of thinking. Whilst commentators and other persons in the wider football world have brought up this phenomenon, the evidence to suggest anything other that bias against the Carlton side over the past rounds is just not there. As said previously, the umpiring has been malicious against Carlton over the past few weeks, poor form or not and those that refuse to see it are blinded by their hatred towards everything Carlton. One only has to look at the hordes baying for the blood of Chris Judd over the past few days to realise that when it comes to Carlton, people are completely biased and filled with jealousy and hatred.

the statistic that damns the umpires was 10 free kicks to Nth Melbourne = 10 goals mate. get the facts before typing. It's embarrassing.

No - embarrassing is being a Carlton supporter. And the Friday night game / Judd incident just proves to the entire football community how one eyed and deluded you really are.
I really admire your enthusiasm and drive, but pity your lack of intelligence.:thumbsu:

No where in my statement had I denied that the Carlton side are currently playing poorly, however there is a fair bit of mythology regarding this "second to the ball = giving away of soft free kicks" line of thinking. Whilst commentators and other persons in the wider football world have brought up this phenomenon, the evidence to suggest anything other that bias against the Carlton side over the past rounds is just not there. As said previously, the umpiring has been malicious against Carlton over the past few weeks, poor form or not and those that refuse to see it are blinded by their hatred towards everything Carlton. One only has to look at the hordes baying for the blood of Chris Judd over the past few days to realise that when it comes to Carlton, people are completely biased and filled with jealousy and hatred.
Sorry but there is no mythology in the first to the ball gets the free kick if done correctly. I can think of 2 specific instances off the top of my head where Andrew Swallow was in and under and received high contact free kicks, as an example.

Sorry but there is no mythology in the first to the ball gets the free kick if done correctly. I can think of 2 specific instances off the top of my head where Andrew Swallow was in and under and received high contact free kicks, as an example.

And I can think of 10 more occassions where a free kick was given to North for nothing of the sort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Supporters and The AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back