Caro, witch women, spell true

Remove this Banner Ad

rooboy_90

Club Legend
North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor
Jul 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I just got off the phone to someone, as I said I would call him. Before I reveal the contents of the conversation, brace yourself, because we will all have to unite to secure the future of this club. A war is about to begin.

I will write an article about it for my site, but basically this is what is going on;

At least 7 key figures at the club are pro relocation. Like we suspected, Mark Brayshaw. I can't exactly remember all the other names, but he mentioned Allyet. If anyone want to throw some names at me, I will see if I can remember.

He said, he is unsure of where James Brayshaw stands on this, but he believes he will side with his brother.

Unsure about the President. He spoke about Duff with frustration, but some respect.

But rest assured, he is on our side, and he is a passionate North Melbourne man. (the guy i called)

He said the AFL are trying to force us to relocate, we are under no allusions.

He said, after the 2007 season finishes, get ready for a war. Because once the issue resurfaces, we will have to take action.

I asked him what the best course was for us to take action, and he basically said just let your voice be heard. That we will have to rally together etc.

Said he will be fighting with everything he has to keep the club in Melbourne, but mentioned the problem with the shareholders.

Said that although we won't turn over the millions, like a Collingwood would, it doesn't matter, as long as the passion and drive remains. The membership count is only an excuse, a figure for critism. He was clear that it needed to lift til 25, and further to 30.

Anyway, I barely got a word in, I mentioned Duffs comments from yesterday, and he made it clear that he can't really comment on him, but sort of fluffed towards his remarks.

Anyway, the term 'war' was not something I used, he used it. Brace yourself for a third world war he said.

I needed a strong drink after the conversation.

As much as I appreciate the information, you do not want to put this info on a public space where it can create friction between him and the other directors.

As much as I appreciate the information, you do not want to put this info on a public space where it can create friction between him and the other directors.
If I take he/her name out will it be okay?

A quick thought. It is clear that the Age via CW is the media organisation running the propaganda agenda for this on behalf of the AFL.

Why don't we lobby the Herald Sun to come up with a "Keep North at North" call and cause a bit of a media war?

This might destabilise the pro-relocation people.

A quick thought. It is clear that the Age via CW is the media organisation running the propaganda agenda for this on behalf of the AFL.

Why don't we lobby the Herald Sun to come up with a "Keep North at North" call and cause a bit of a media war?

This might destabilise the pro-relocation people.

Great idea - I'll talk to a few people I know there and see if I can sort out what their mood is on the subject.

I'm listening - I've heard it before. I've shared it. It is happening - the only negotiable part is the game mix.

Don't worry gokangas you have some believers on this forum and im one of them - never really given us the wrong information and most of your info. always comes true

You have been telling us for a long time about this situation and have copped alot of criticism - but as you have said and now RJ has said lets get united and ready for a war because the clubs future is at stake and we all need to stick together to make sure we stay based in Melbourne.

I've also heard alot of things about the AFL pushing us and most board members pro-relocation and i hate to say it but it's all becoming a harsh reality very very quickly

Ring Terry Wallace, he will back us up. ****ing hates Vlad.

The main worry I have here is that this will happen very quickly. The AFL will have plans well in place so the anti crews do not have much time to rally.

They will sell it as an increase in games rather than a relocation. The Kangaroos will increase the base they already have established and the games will increase. We can all discuss how many games - it doesn't matter.

Arden Street redevelopment will go ahead as a sweetener for the Melbourne members - thats a positive the AFL will use to say that our true base is still Arden Street.

We have to be ready and analyse every word spoken because their will be more holes in their promises than a wheel of swiss cheese.

Just be ready.

Thanks rooboy_90 for sharing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main worry I have here is that this will happen very quickly. The AFL will have plans well in place so the anti crews do not have much time to rally.

They will sell it as an increase in games rather than a relocation. The Kangaroos will increase the base they already have established and the games will increase. We can all discuss how many games - it doesn't matter.

Arden Street redevelopment will go ahead as a sweetener for the Melbourne members - thats a positive the AFL will use to say that our true base is still Arden Street.

We have to be ready and analyse every word spoken because their will be more holes in their promises than a wheel of swiss cheese.

Just be ready.

Thanks rooboy_90 for sharing.

Ill get onto the cheersquad president this week, see if we can get some anti gold coast propoganda in the banner. Surely we can prepare little steps before taking big ones.

Guys the reality is, and as harsh as it may seem we are going to the Gold Coast unless some miracle happens and we rally behind the club and win - but we will be fighting against the AFL at the end of the day and will be hard to overturn a decision that is already being made as we speak!!

It's going to happen and we have to start preparing something for the members etc to have their say but sadly the reality is its happening guys

THE WAR STARTS NOW!!

Guys the reality is, and as harsh as it may seem we are going to the Gold Coast unless some miracle happens and we rally behind the club and win - but we will be fighting against the AFL at the end of the day and will be hard to overturn a decision that is already being made as we speak!!

It's going to happen and we have to start preparing something for the members etc to have their say but sadly the reality is its happening guys

THE WAR STARTS NOW!!
If you have any player contacts, I urge you to get them to take some action and make some statements in the media. I was thinking about who I know, I could get Glenn maybe, surely would be on our side. And maybe he could get someone like Ponting...

But do this after season is OFFICIALLY over.

I was thinking of a boycott of the G. Get every North supporter to run on before the bounce, and refuse to let the game start until our demands are met lol

I'm listening - I've heard it before. I've shared it. It is happening - the only negotiable part is the game mix.

You seem to have all this inside info yet what have you done to save the club?

The War starts Now. BS the War should have started ages ago. Too many ****ing lazy pricks support our club. Too many times have i seen threads like this yet seen nobody do anything. It pisses me of.

If you Melbourne based supporters want to save the club then get off your ass and do something. Stop trying to look tough because you called someone or know someone within.

Do Something.

You seem to have all this inside info yet what have you done to save the club?

The War starts Now. BS the War should have started ages ago. Too many ****ing lazy pricks support our club. Too many times have i seen threads like this yet seen nobody do anything. It pisses me of.

If you Melbourne based supporters want to save the club then get off your ass and do something. Stop trying to look tough because you called someone or know someone within.

Do Something.

I suppose I'm not really sure what to do in what order.

The problem is the money men that control the club have the power. They wont relocate completely - just do it by stealth.
The AFL will drive it - the Gemba report will paint an impossible picture for Melbourne survival.
But until they say that we are going I'm not sure how we start to rally the support we need.
I also believe that to have any chance of winning the war we have to have an alternative way to survive - I haven't seen that appear here yet.

I suppose I'm not really sure what to do in what order.

The problem is the money men that control the club have the power. They wont relocate completely - just do it by stealth.
The AFL will drive it - the Gemba report will paint an impossible picture for Melbourne survival.
But until they say that we are going I'm not sure how we start to rally the support we need.
I also believe that to have any chance of winning the war we have to have an alternative way to survive - I haven't seen that appear here yet.

Stop sitting on your ass. You seem to have more information even though im starting to think your full of shit.
Who are you to have so much inside information available to you?

Stop sitting on your ass. You seem to have more information even though im starting to think your full of shit.
Who are you to have so much inside information available to you?

I didn't start this thread with a heap of inside info. I'm just agreeing based on what I have been told.

I didn't start this thread with a heap of inside info. I'm just agreeing based on what I have been told.

Been told from whom and why would they tell you? What makes you so important?

Could you be the leader of the Resistance or are you in your comfort zone?

I'm going to die laughing if the Gemba report says yes, Melbourne is good.

Until then, let's raise all hell to make it known we don't want to go anywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro, witch women, spell true

Remove this Banner Ad

Back