Caro, witch women, spell true

Remove this Banner Ad

I know that there was a failed attempt to start a supporters group a few months ago. Maybe its time now to at least meet and start to talk about what we can do to best prepare for what will surely come.
I'm not sure where anyone really stands on Bigfooty - I assume most want us to stay in Melbourne - but as I said. We need a plan b or we will just be seen as a pack of well meaning supporters with no sway.

Don't worry rooboy_90 - you can't be hung for telling the truth and I'm sure the rest of the board know where the others stand.

Well done rooboy_90, and thanks for sharing. I wouldn't worry too much about confidentiality - the person you spoke to is not someone who hides his views, and I suspect he would repeat this to anyone who calls him. Perhaps someone else should try it to confirm this.

The person you spoke to is also a passionate NM person, and if he says there is going to be a fight, then I am encouraged, because this is better than a roll-over whimper, and if there has to be sides, I am glad he is on ours.

Given that we are in the midst of a finals campaign, I think we need to be very careful about not doing anything that destabilises the team or takes attention away from the on-field success.

BUT if one of the directors is wavering and might vote with his brother, is it worth thinking about how to bring pressure through talkback or whatever?

Let's not call it the "Save North Melbourne Group" and consist of 15 people who meet in a school portable and get filmed by Hutchy signing a petition.

OK DarwinRoo - you have made a fair point about a call to action.

Here is what I will do.

I'll talk to a few contacts I have at Herald Sun and see where they sit.

I'll talk to a key supporter who is a money man and see what he thinks our chances are and what we can do collectively.

I'll report back here as soon as I can.

I don't want to waste people's time - we need to be sure that we can have some influence before we go off half cocked.

Let's not call it the "Save North Melbourne Group" and consist of 15 people who meet in a school portable and get filmed by Hutchy signing a petition.

Mind you they have got a fair bit of publicity and are meeting with Essendon this week so don't underestimate them. Mind you the footage caught by Hutchy did look funny.

OK DarwinRoo - you have made a fair point about a call to action.

Here is what I will do.

I'll talk to a few contacts I have at Herald Sun and see where they sit.

I'll talk to a key supporter who is a money man and see what he thinks our chances are and what we can do collectively.

I'll report back here as soon as I can.

I don't want to waste people's time - we need to be sure that we can have some influence before we go off half cocked.

Can you hold off on HS until after the finals campaign? We just don't need the off-field distractions, and I bet the journos would be delighted to run it

Can you hold off on HS until after the finals campaign? We just don't need the off-field distractions, and I bet the journos would be delighted to run it

Not interested in a story yet - just to get the "mood of the meeting" on where they stand.

Supporters are the only people who can stop a relocation happening.

I copped shit for saying this last week, but supporters need to get together and form a lobby group now.

I agree with DarwinRoo...in that these "action" threads have appeared several times, only to amount to nothing. It's terribly frustrating. I've said it before.

Anyways, I have an idea I'm working on at the moment to fight this...but unfortunately I'm too inundated with work to put it in motion right now. I can PM anybody if they wish to listen.

All the indications are that the NMFC is going to go through a process that will end up with a relocation to the GC. What is uncertain is when this will openly start, and how long the process will take.

A likely scenario is that the NMFC will give a longer term committment to the GC with increased games from 2010 or earlier. The game mix will be marketed as good for the Victorian NMFC members. Their dilemma is that the GC isn't ready now and a longer term relocation plan is likely to see the NMFC crumble to a very low base before the relocation can occur. This will create much angst within the total AFL community which is something that they hoped to avoid.

I agree with Gokangas in that any resistance must have a clear alternative if its to have any chance of success. If there is to be a resistance then those willing to drive it need to meet and prepare. Suggest further discussions be by PMs.

PS. Agree with kangalious that any action needs to be held until after the seasons end.

I really think the best way to start is to get hold of a venue/scout hall etc.
Get a bunch of us there, and anyone else we can think of that could provide valuable input and start brain storming sessions on ideas, agendas etc...
Obvioulsy Im not going to go into detail on this forum as Im sure there are many undesirables that are monitoring this site for just such things.
BUT, we really need to set a date, time, venue and do something about it.
Ive got a place in mind, but it isnt central, but it is free. I need to check to see if i can book it and see what privacy we can have, so dont count on that place until I can get a commitment that I can use it. Im located in the north/east suburbs. Quite close to La Trobe Uni, so im happy to run with that if folks are willing to head out there.
Also, I recall from a previous thread early in the year, that there was someone on this forum that offered to provide printing costs for such a supporter group. Dont recall who but we can go back thru the threads to find it.
The first step to begin this process is meet/greet and get the ball rolling.
There are quite a few people on TSK that have some good ideas as well. Strength in numbers as they say.

Quite odd how that worked. I noticed that too - (someone cue the twilight zone music).

Why don't you use your time travelling powers to alter the course of history and preserve the future of NMFC in Melbourne.

Stop sitting on your ass. You seem to have more information even though im starting to think your full of shit.
Who are you to have so much inside information available to you?
Why are you being so harsh on him, what have you done, im not saying ive done anything but i dont critize a bloke for having info but no knowing what to do with it, before you call everyone lazy what have you done?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that the members "ticket" appears to be completely split on the #1 issue affecting the club. Which raises the obvious question as to how in the hell did these guys come to form a ticket in the first place when their views are so opposed? What happened did they run into each other on the way to the electoral office? What in the name of god is happening down there?

I know that there was a failed attempt to start a supporters group a few months ago. Maybe its time now to at least meet and start to talk about what we can do to best prepare for what will surely come.
I'm not sure where anyone really stands on Bigfooty - I assume most want us to stay in Melbourne - but as I said. We need a plan b or we will just be seen as a pack of well meaning supporters with no sway.
The finals series is the best time to do stuff at the game as the crowds will be bigger.

Not wishing to trivialise the important issue under discussion, but I read the entire thread hoping to work out what the delightfully cryptic thread title actually meant, and I still have no idea. Are there other witches apart from Caro? Are they casting spells, or is this a grammar issue? What is true and why is it a spell?

Oh, and I'm against relocation but haven't the slightest clue what I can do about it. Does abusing people on an internet forum help?

Not wishing to trivialise the important issue under discussion, but I read the entire thread hoping to work out what the delightfully cryptic thread title actually meant, and I still have no idea. Are there other witches apart from Caro? Are they casting spells, or is this a grammar issue? What is true and why is it a spell?

Oh, and I'm against relocation but haven't the slightest clue what I can do about it. Does abusing people on an internet forum help?
Lol the title is irrelevant.

While supporter groups are all good well for co-ordinating a PR campaign to counteract the sh1t-fight that we are told is going erupt in the media somewhere around October 1st, the main game will always be an alternative multi million dollar business plan prepared to professional standards to be put in front of Bob Ansett and Peter de Rauch. It is these two gentlemen alone who, if united, can ward off the treachery of traitors like Andrew Carter, Mark Dawson and Mark Brayshaw.

Who among us has the business acumen and planning skills to draw up these business plans?

While supporter groups are all good well for co-ordinating a PR campaign to counteract the sh1t-fight that we are told is going erupt in the media somewhere around October 1st, the main game will always be an alternative multi million dollar business plan prepared to professional standards to be put in front of Bob Ansett and Peter de Rauch. It is these two gentlemen alone who, if united, can ward off the treachery of traitors like Andrew Carter, Mark Dawson and Mark Brayshaw.

Who among us has the business acumen and planning skills to draw up these business plans?

Exactly ! We need to determine who has the resources in the business community or even someone like Ricky Ponting that has the business contacts to be able to champion something like this. Is it a case of simply putting calls to the folks we think may be able to assist and see what comes about ?

You seem to have all this inside info yet what have you done to save the club?

The War starts Now. BS the War should have started ages ago. Too many ****ing lazy pricks support our club. Too many times have i seen threads like this yet seen nobody do anything. It pisses me of.

If you Melbourne based supporters want to save the club then get off your ass and do something. Stop trying to look tough because you called someone or know someone within.

Do Something.

DR obviously I have an enormous soft spot for you as your 'if you weren't married and I didn't bat for the other team' quasi proposal is the best offer I've had in years (which just shows you how tragic my life has become) :p

BUT - to be fair, we are fighting an as yet undefined enemy. We don't know what the actual proposal is. We don't know who the players are. And we don't know what the timing is. We know in broad terms, but it is very difficult to organise opposition to something so amorphous. If that is, indeed, a word.

AND - we are in the middle of a finals campaign, and I refuse to do anything which might derail that.

So, my 'inside info' - about which you are so scathing - is that this will be a long fight. That even if the board makes a decision in October (which is possible) that the actual move won't take place for two years or more. And that there will be legal action. And supporter action. And god only knows what else.

So, two things matter: one, is that when the fight comes, we are ready. Not caught off guard, and not unprepared. And there is plenty going on - just cause it isn't advertised on BF, doesn't mean it's not out there. Public internet forums which are the favourite reading of the admin and the board (hello AC! Still disappointed by Melbourne members??) might not be the best place to list details.

And second, that we remember that there are people inside the club who feel the same way we do, and people on the board who feel the same way we do, and shareholders who feel the same way we do. The AFL want you to believe this is a done deal. Bollocks. And we will not win this with fifteen people in a local hall somewhere. We will win this by being cleverer and sneakier and more persistent than them.

(and in the meantime, there's a finals series to contest . . .and win . . .)

Not interested in a story yet - just to get the "mood of the meeting" on where they stand.

Given that Caro will be writing the stories to fill space in October, and our season is likely to go up until the last weekend in September ;), I think it is wise to put the feelers out in terms of the HS and their openness to wage a war for spirits and minds of all Victorians.

Exactly ! We need to determine who has the resources in the business community or even someone like Ricky Ponting that has the business contacts to be able to champion something like this. Is it a case of simply putting calls to the folks we think may be able to assist and see what comes about ?

We don't know where people like Ponting stand and it may not be with us. Our top shelf members are well connected with the committee and I suspect will take the party line. (PS: I don't know what Rick's opinion is).

So, two things matter: one, is that when the fight comes, we are ready. Not caught off guard, and not unprepared. And there is plenty going on - just cause it isn't advertised on BF, doesn't mean it's not out there. Public internet forums which are the favourite reading of the admin and the board (hello AC! Still disappointed by Melbourne members??) might not be the best place to list details.

..but wouldnt it be a start to get it out into the media that there is a group of people that are not prepared to accept this ? ie. if you start the ball rolling, then wont this by default bring more facts/issues into the spot light ? I mean, wont this cause a deeper scrutiny by people in the media ? And, in turn cause the pro-gc folk to possibly show their cards earlier than what they may wanted to ? Couldnt this be used as a platform going into the next AGM ?

Why are you being so harsh on him, what have you done, im not saying ive done anything but i dont critize a bloke for having info but no knowing what to do with it, before you call everyone lazy what have you done?

Why do you think im being so hard on him? Its because he claims to have all this inside info and brags about it and yet has done nothing to prevent it so far. Its like knowing about the attacks on the WTC yet not doing anything about it.

What have i done? Well let me see. Nothing and guess why? I live in Darwin. My football club is not in the city i live in. I dont get to see my team on an almost weekly basis like Melbourne based supporters. Its you guys who are going to be punished when the club moves. You down there have more of a chance of doing something than i can.

I cant be a bum on a seat. I cant hold up a sign at a game. I cant bail up RJ or GD and tell them how i feel. I cant go to the AGM or the members forum but you down in Melbourne can.

Its up to you and now fight for our beloved club.

Who's to say the one feeding Caro isn't the AFL but Duff and his buddies? Trying to 'soften us up' by wearing us down. We know they don't give two hoots about pro-GC shit in the media. They certainly don't reply to them.

:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro, witch women, spell true

Remove this Banner Ad

Back